All parent member reviews for Limbo

Parent of a 16 year old Written byMyth1322 August 24, 2010

Perfect for older kids, but not for tweens

This is an amazing visual game great for people who love plat-formers, but i do not recommend it to anyone 14 and under due to the graphic deaths scene that the player must go through.

It is a game meant for adults and older teens 15 and up not for you 10 year old looking for a fun game to run around in

Adult Written byTom_Gamer_Tom September 21, 2010

Its funny how people don't complain about MW2 yet they complain about this.

This game is clearly violent yes, But its just a black figure getting decapitated in no detail at all. I see worse violence in Littlebigplanet for god's sake. Its not really bad at all even though the decapitation etc makes it violent. As i've said in past reviews. Its like a kids game compared to some PS3 games I've played.

Parent of a 3 year old Written byWhipItMan July 26, 2010

Awesome game for all

This is an awesome puzzle game. It can help develop a child's problem solving abilities and such.

Parent of a 9 and 14 year old Written byback2schoolboo August 1, 2010

Awful game should be rated M

It's a really bad game and very graphic. A young boy gets decapitated and limbs fall off. Should be rated M.

Adult Written byRoshai December 31, 2011

Limbo, the artwork for teens

This game in my opinion is a brilliant piece of artwork, but as we all have seen in the past. Artwork is not always appreciated by people who are quite sensitive to shocking things. This game is best suited for young teens ranging from the ages of 14 and any age above that. The violence may be disturbing for anyone below that age. Even though there is no color (except black and white) and the "graphics" aren't realistic in the least. The idea of an 8 year old kid getting impaled by a bear trap or giant spider is quite a disturbing thought. For example: my 8 year old sister has watched the lord of the rings trilogy and did not become frightened at all, but when she saw our 8 year old hero get cut in-half by a bear trap she almost started to cry and it had an immediate effect on her witch I did not expect (I really didn't know she was gonna get scared, sorry) So this game is quite the shocker for younger kids but is the perfect buy for anyone from the age of 14 and higher if they love puzzles. This game also might be stimulating seeing that some of the puzzles are quite the challenge and can help a teen develop their problem solving skills witch might come in handy seeing that we live in a problem filled world. The games controls prove no problem and are easy to use. The games positive message can be interpreted in different ways but the most common one is that you never leave a sibling on their own no matter what and that love for one another(the boy for his sister) will prevail the over the forces of evil. This game is a sure 10 out of 10, a brilliant piece of art.

Parent Written bywalkasia August 16, 2013

too spooky and violent for me to enjoy

The most beautiful game I have seen. And it scares the pants off me. I quit because it was too scary. It is grayscale and shadowy spooky, with things that jump out at you and chop your head off. It isn't gory, because it is in grayscale. But I wasn't enjoying it. I don't like horror movies and what not because I don't like when things jump out at me. But the artistry is amazing. I can't speak to the puzzles because I quit too early. Not sure I could lure children to their deaths... if that is indeed a challenge / puzzle.