Kid reviews for Limbo

Limbo Poster Image

Great game but a bit violent

Great game! honestly, i don't think its thaaat bad. sure, there are some gruesome deaths but i watched my dad play it when i was 7 and i loved it! i just think its not that scary.

Good game but grusome deaths

This game is a amazing puzzle game with cool graphic’s . But be warned the deaths are gruesome

Very nice game with awesome graphics but...

Very nice game with awesome graphucs but it contains violence, and creepy with dark environment. You know, many kids, if mot all..under 11+ may get scared or have nightmares to be honest. It has wonderfull graphics with great physics and sounds though and an interesting great story!

gooooooooooooood

it's really good i do think it is more violent then inside but it's a good game it's kinda of scary and hard but it's a cool game if your up for a challenge.

great game

beautiful environments the game may be black and white but sometimes i would stop and admire the work and beauty in this game you are a little boy who (spoilers) just wants to find his sister there are parts that seam pretty bad and you can only turn off gore on xbox 360 and ps3 so there are parts like getting you're head shot off and getting impaled by spiders but the blood is just black so it is not too bad (spoilers end) this game is awesome and thrilling so parents if you are reading this and your kids are relatively mature let them play this if not wait a year or two then let them play because this is a great game

Severely overrated, some scary/gory imagery.

About the age rating, there is some creepy things such as hanging bodies and gory deaths, however due to it's style and muted colour palette, you don't see much. I feel that this game is one of the most overrated I have come across, there are many issues I have with this game, such as the confusing visuals that make things in the foreground/background hard to distinguish, creating un needed difficulty. The puzzles themselves are either too easy, or frustrating. Never fun, just annoying, and as I said, often objects that are in the background look like you can interact with them and vice versa, making some puzzles complicated, and the puzzles that aren't frustratingly hard, were down right forgettable. The movement is unnecessarily slow, making half your time spent just slowly walking from point A to point B, and the controls felt clunky, maybe this is user error, but I often had trouble jumping of ladders or ropes, and the controls can't even be remapped. Some puzzles just require you too die just to figure out what to do, which is a pretty ridiculous mechanic, and ruins the fun and immersion, which is the only positive trait this game has, it's unique, creepy atmosphere. It's just boring, this point isn't gonna be as well thought out as the others, but it is worth pointing out, that the game is just boring to play. The story (or lack thereof) is incredibly disappointing, even though I knew there wasn't a prominent story. Nothing is explained, who are the people and why are they attacking me? Why is there a spider? We don't know, cause it is never explained. People rate this game based on atmosphere and art, which it admittedly excels at, but ignore all the other problems with the game, which make it just boring to play.

Dark, yet thrilling

This game is intriguing, but some scenes could be disturbing for smaller children. I would say that if your kids play violent video games, this is okay for them when they are around 13 years old. The most disturbing thing about Limbo is the way the little boy, dies. Limbo is a brilliantly interesting game, puzzles, and mystery around every corner.

Pretty cool horror puzzle game

I've only played the demo on PS4 and saw an entire walkthrough on YouTube. Beautiful and atmospheric game. However, it's also violent and creepy. The environments are also dark and there's a mood of death/mystery/isolation. And lemme tell you that, yes, you will die a lot. This game does have quite some disturbing parts to it. If the boy walks into traps, he gets decapitated and other body parts get cut off as well. There are also dead bodies in the game. The spiders also have given me jumpscares. Maybe the develops added them in the game because they know that a lot of people fear them. And man, do I hate spiders (and bugs in general). I also have to mention that the puzzles require a lot of thinking. It's harder than it looks like.

The Feeling of being alone

Limbo really is a great game, the controls are good. Really everything is good about it. Yes it has gore, for example: Being empaled, Crushed, Decapitated yadi yadi yada. Also it's really scary. The feeling of being alone, traveling around a dark and empty place, just gives you shivers down your spine. And then you get chased by a spider. Scary!