Kid reviews for Manhunt

Manhunt Poster Image

It is very gory. If you're squeamish don't play it! 13 and up becaaaaause you slit a lot of necks. I think a 12 year old would literally start bleeding from the eyes if they saw that. Like do you want that happening to your kid? I don't think so. Stay away. Or bleed.

2 people found this helpful.
“Go on, Follow the White Rabbit.” I love this game the dark creepy nihilistic tone I personally think parents should not care about what there kids see, this game is fake so theirs frankly 0 reason why kids can’t play this. Manhunt 1 and 2 is a really good game, Manhunt 2 could’ve been better but the game is on PS2 and XB Original so the graphics are incredibly outdated and while the executions are graphic, they really don’t show that much gore or blood at all now there are some sexual things in this game, and cursing, but the parents of the kids curse to so what’s the point? Kids parents curse yet they don’t let there kids play games with cursing. That is bewildering, let ur kids play this game. Also look at the damn ESRB rating on the game, so why complain. The parents arguments are moot, violence doesn’t mean a game is bad Manhunt is actually a very great game, a solid 8/10. I don’t necessarily need to explain why, the story is very confusing, but Manhunt is a masterpiece of a game. Now Manhunt doesn’t glorify violence or murder you’re a death row inmate who is forced to murder, everyone in Manhunt is a bad guy, so you’re basically killing bad people and while James Cash (the protagonist) is also a shit human for being on death row the story is perfectly told and I got a PS2 again just for this game. The final boss Piggsy is a dark character as well, every other boss in the game. Ramirez, The White Rabbit, all those bosses are great.

1 person found this helpful.
Despite what the media says this game is not a murder simulator or anything like that. Manhunt is about a death row inmate forced into killing for a snuff film, the game shows the depravity of humans and does not glorify violence you kill to survive simple as that. Also the graphics have not aged well, the gore is Nothing more than blood splats on a screen, gurgling or groaning, and blocky heads being slashed off or shot off. If you think your child will become a killer because of a polygon game then you should probably check in on your kid. I say this game is fine for kids 15+ as this is the age most kids start playing M rated games.
1 person found this helpful.

Seriously Parents

Im a 12 year old kid but to hell i god damm now how to read an esrb or ac bcz im not brain dead is it say ao then there is a reason. Seriously go to esrb ratings look up you childs game and rake it from the rockstar doesnt need to hear from anyoned bullshit when the game is rated apropritly and the parents are pissed TAKE ONE SECOND TO LOOK ON ESRB AND SEE IS THIS APRIPITE? No tell them they cant have it again and dont make stupid conplaints to rockstar for making a good game but ur chilef being too muc of a whoose

Rockstar's psychological horror endeavour Manhunt has garnered a LOT of controversy over the past decade and a half. I see it as a truly special psychological horror game that does NOT glorify violence, but rather treats it as a disturbing and twisted element of horror in a dark and intense game. Despite its simple design, it manages to be a pretty scary experience. And one that needs to exist in order to make a statement.

I played this when I was 6 or 7 and didn’t understand anything in this and didn’t know how to beat the first stage. But it does have a lot of Gore and blood, swearing and violence but I think it would be alright for a 14 or 16 year old to play because it’s easy for kids at that age. This is one of my favorite games of all time and it’s one of the scariest game from the early 2000’s!

It’s really violent but it’s fine for 14-16 year olds.

Manhunt - A Reflection on Violence

Yes, Manhunt is quite possibly one of the most disturbing video games ever made (only contested by its sequel), but I do think it has value outside of the obvious shock value and stigma the game contains with its name. I think, at its core, Manhunt is a reflection on our obsession with violence in media. Could it have delivered its message in a different way? Perhaps, but it would not be nearly as effective if it had. Gameplay wise, you are not often forced to kill enemies - in fact, you can just run past a large majority of them! But if you do, your score will not be the best. And, generally, people want the highest score they can get, right? And people are curious too - so often, it's the player's choice to brutalize the enemies, known in-game as Hunters, who are all mainly gangsters, mercenaries, corrupt or bad people at their core. Does this justify killing them? No, but even story-wise, you are being forced into it. Manhunt is much more a horror game than a stealth-action game, purely due to the circumstances and darkness revolving around its surprisingly good story. Overall, I would actually reccommend this game, but only if your kid is mature enough to handle the story, the amazingly terrifying atmosphere, and can seperate fiction from reality. The main voice you hear over the game, Lionel Starkweather, who is also responsible for forcing you to kill, is implied to recieve sexual pleasure from the protagonist killing his enemies - as well, many Hunters are watching rather adult things on TVs, but this is mainly audio only. If you are half way decent at stealth and third person shooters, this game will be mostly easy. However, the protagonist, James Earl Cash, is very vulnerable in direct fights. He will often take large amounts of damage, which is healed by bottles of painkillers found within the maps.

This game is disturbing!!!!!!

Unless if you played mortal Kombat and gta or hatred than never play this game it is disturbing as disturbing games can get.

Calm Down

I know this game is pretty gruesome but at least it had context for its fucked up nature. Unlike a game called Hatred which should the tasteless piece of shit you should be looking at.

best game of its time