All parent member reviews for Mass Effect 3

Adult Written byprimeian March 24, 2012

VERY GORY

Violence is really only the main issue in ME3. When using a sniper rifle, players can shoot off enemy heads and leave blood spewing out. Then there are other weapons the player can use to literally blow up bodies with. IT IS MESSY

Parent Written byConcerned Dads May 9, 2012

You can avoid it

I did not see what ersb was saying about the sexual situations I've played through the game multiple times and you can completely avoid the situations if the first time you talk to a character you come off mean.

Parent Written bya deep gamer September 1, 2012

Makes you think about yourself and those around you

I have been a gamer most of my life, and thinking about every game I've ever played, Mass Effect always stands out for me. This series has the deepest characters in any game, and, with the amazing story and interaction, you feel like they are actual people. You feel like these people are your friends, your family, not just some faces. If you betray one, you feel like you stabbed a friend in the back, not just kept a secret from some meaningless character. Everything in this game makes you think about the difference between right and wrong, between friendship and power. You will feel bad for someone suffering because of you. When you couple that with the stress of the war, there are moments where getting the job done feels amazing because you helped those you've grown close to. Yes, the gameplay and story stand up on their own, and yes, there is language, violence, and sexual themes. But all of these things take the backseat to the real as flesh and bone cast. If you let this game in, you will feel for these people. Don't be surprised if, during a particularly tender moment, you feel a tear form. More than one have admitted to it.

Adult Written byhwarming May 9, 2012

Amazing

This game is amazing, the main character, Shepard, has to face the invasion of the Reapers, ancient machines whose sole purpose is to wipe out life in the galaxy. Along the way Shepard builds companion ships with his or her crewmates, and can potentially romance one. The game has a very strong message of hope. This game is not really for kids, I'd recommend maybe 15 or 16 and over. It is the most violent of the Mass Effect series, the gore isn't too gratuitous, the worst thing you'll see is a head exploding in a very small mess, which isn't as bad as it sounds.

Parent of a 15 year old Written byInnerVoices February 1, 2013

LEARNING

A massive Effective Review!

The games is incrediblely amazing. I personally have to say i feel inlove with it. The game does include some blood, but not as bad as Call of Duty or Gears of War. The sexual content or sex scenes are about as bad as a PG-13 movie. The game does allude to a message of hope and endurance. The character can drink but to an extent. I would let my 14 year old daughter play this game.

Parent of a 13 year old Written byMattCody January 23, 2013

Disappointing, but a hell of a ride.

Starts up with a gripping prologue (Like all Bioware games) but then manages to get less interesting throughout the game. I would of put "Positive role model", but compared to the other games in the trilogy, there are barely any dialogue choices to be made.

Overall: Barely any choices in the last two games had consequences, terrible plot (TIM: "We brought you back to life, now we want you dead.", no interesting scenery or exploration, lack of dialogue wheel, lack of actual side missions (compared to ME1 & 2 planet scanning anomalies), no character development and lastly, didn't even feel like a Mass Effect game.

The game really should of been delayed until 2013, instead of releasing it incomplete and receiving tons of negative feedback because of it. Not as good as ME1 or ME2 but nonetheless a good experience, wouldn't call it GOTY, yet wouldn't call it a terrible game.

Educator and Parent Written byModernNija94 August 23, 2012

More shooter less RPG

In my personal opinion this is more of a action based story then the other two where mainly because of the fact that it can be played as a shooter without any dialog choices at all depending on how you set it up in the beginning

Parent Written bytheultimaterater April 15, 2013

review

it is a great game i have played it with my kids before it does have a small amount of violence compared to other video games and it has almost no sex compared to alot of pg-13 movies

Parent of a 8 and 13 year old Written byJonathan wood April 5, 2014

Sci fi masterpiece

This game is allot less strong than CSM says I am usually quite a strict parent but I think that this game and the whole mass effect series is fine for teenagers.