All member reviews for Minecraft

Sandbox-style game with open online play fosters creativity.

Learning(i)

Kid, 10 years old May 6, 2013

No slow computers allowed!

A very creative game for kids and adults. If you have a child who loves to play on the computer and plays with legos this is a game for them, but I did not like this game a lot, but is not the game's fault, It is my stinkin' computer. So if you have a slow computer you could just waste 26.00$ buy just buying it.

Teen, 13 years old Written bynman4848 April 26, 2013

Mine-awesomeness!!!!!!!

Awesome build-anything-you-want game, featuring, building, survival, creating, and a little bit of education value, my brother went on to be a carpenter because of an inspiration from the game.

Kid, 11 years old April 9, 2013

BEST PC GAME EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the best PC game ever invented!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The only thing to worry about is some semi-creepy monsters that try to hunt you down and kill you. If your child doesn't like long games, don't introduce them to it. You must collect lots of materials, some of them taking a long time to collect. WARNING: To make certain things you must know the combinations to put them in. It is best to know someone who has lots of experience with minecraft.

Kid, 10 years old March 21, 2013

Iffy for 5 year olds, good for 6+

My brother, sister and I play Minecraft. It's a fun game. It shows you a better sense about how things are made in real life. But one of the problems are multiplayer. On some servers, you can swear all you want. But for my little brother, I found him a kid friendly server(Minesquish for those looking for one) and he LOVES it. He has also learned how to read and spell better.My little sister though, she sticks to single player. Overall Minecraft is a fun game, not a lot if violence, things just turn red for a bit. And when you kill something, it falls then disappears and a little white cloud poofs on its head then disappears, and when you die, it just say You Died! Respawn or Title screen. Minecraft is a fun blocky game!

Teen, 13 years old Written bynugeat February 28, 2013

Minecraft IS CLEAN!

Minecraft is a sandbox style game it is a Awesome game for all ages now to everyone saying there is sexual references and bad words no! if you ask all the parents that have posted these reviews "have you played mine-craft' 80% of them will say no that 80% is the people that post bad reviews cause they walk in on there kid killing a zombie.... now to people saying there is sexual references there is NOT! you can breed animals you give them food and they breed it shows nothing at all exept little hearts floating then pop, you have a animal and minecraft doesn't cuss people who make you tube videos cuss. if you dont let your kid play cause you think the game is sexual and violent. you should not let them on YouTube come on parents get your story right before you post crap you don't now! I`ve played minecraft since alpha (nearly 4 years now) i know alot about the game i have made mods and texture packs and here is a little of what i know for sure Minecraft DOES NOT CUSS THERE IS NO SEXUAL REFERENCES AND IS A EPIC GAME. thanks alot parents with no clue.

Kid, 8 years old February 18, 2013

Minecraft

Great game for kids who are learning about minerals and stones.

Kid, 10 years old February 15, 2013

Epic

A cool game where building can be unlimited and super fast, scary noises and you have to kill animals but that's the logic of the game.

Teen, 13 years old Written byHadger January 21, 2013

Most Addicting Game Ever is Family-Friendly, Educational, and Full of Fun

Minecraft is the most addicting video game that I have ever played. It's amazing, and there are practically no limits as to what you can build. Not only is Minecraft loads of fun, but it's also somewhat educational. It not the boring type of educational, though. Playing Minecraft encourages creativity and using your imagination. Now for the content review. Ease of play: The game has no instructions. However, you can always press "Escape" on your keyboard, click "Options," and click "Controls." Survival Mode can be pretty hard due to the fact that you have to eat and fight monsters; getting the blocks can be hard as well. You can easily play Creativity Mode instead, though; you get all the blocks, and you can't die. Even if you play Survival Mode, you can set the difficulty to "Peaceful," which gets rid of the monsters that come at night. Violence: Weapons are used, and monster such as large spiders, skeletons, and zombies come at night. Despite the use of weapons in this game, though, there is absolutely no blood and no gore. Inappropriate content: Although the game itself isn't built with inappropriate content, players can build inappropriate structures without getting into trouble (the game has no rules about building inappropriate structures); these structures can be viewed by other players. As long as you only play with people whom you know wouldn't build inappropriate structures, though, you should be safe. Language: Although the game itself doesn't contain profanity, there are no rules on the profanity that can be used. Because of this, you may encounter other people swearing if you play with them; as long as you play with people who don't swear, though, this shouldn't be a problem. Consumerism: There is Minecraft merchandise that you can buy, but it's not like the website is filled with advertisements that are practically begging you to buy their merchandise. Drinking, drugs, and smoking: Although there is no drinking, drug use, smoking, or appearances of cigars, alcoholic beverages, drugs, etc. in Minecraft, other users that you play with may talk about these things. Privacy and Safety: Since there are no rules on what you can say, people may tell personal information such as their home address, phone number, or zip code. Parents should make sure that their kids have a good understanding of how to be safe on the Internet. In conclusion, Minecraft is an extremely fun and somewhat educational game that is great for people of all ages. It is completely worth the one-time payment that you have to make to play the game.

Teen, 13 years old Written byGoodandTrees January 15, 2013

Good game!

A good game with a fun, endless, plot! Do anything! Very fun!

Teen, 13 years old Written bycook525 December 28, 2012

great game

its a great and educational game

Kid, 11 years old Written byPinkiexPie November 20, 2012

LEARNING

love this game <3 100% Pinkie Pie approved!!

I've been playing minecraft for about 4 years now and I love it, it is the perfect game for some one who wants a real-life game, with a little sprinkle of fantasy. Some people say that creepers are way to scary for kids around my age. Well, duh, that's what makes the game exciting, always knowing you could die by going into that one dark room. I have made models for different mod makers and made my own texturepacks and skins, it is a way to express yourself. One thing I don't like about minecraft is that on multiplayer some people...
A.rage quit when they die
B.spam *for people who don't know what 'spamming' is, it is when someone says something pointless like: ahoihdofinadiufhndijfijad over and over*
C.grief *destroy or place on someone else's property without permission {unless it is Player vs Player and the server owner approves}*
and D. they cuss, but if you want to live in the real world, you need to know that people are gonna cuss, so parents: don't block your children from it, unless they do it themselves. Kids should defiantly use this as a time waster.
It helped me with coordination, different multiples of 64, *4x16 etc* and different ways to express myself using blocks of rainbow wool. It also inspired me to become a 'pegasister' if you don't know what that is, please look it up on google. Young kids shouldn't play this because it can cause fears of the dark. *it did for me the first week I started playing Beta, i kept dreaming a creeper came up to me and said 'thatssssss a nicccce everything you got there. It would be a total SSSSHAME if sssssomething happend to it..' then it blew up and i would only have half a heart left.*

Pinkie Pie approves!! :D

Kid, 10 years old November 10, 2012

Ok for Tweens and up

Amazing game,I'm ten years old and I love it!
The only thing you should consider is multiplayer as people can say what they want.
Violence is no problem at all the monsters just fall on there side and turn into smoke. TNT can be used to blow stuff up. The explosion takes the form of a cloud of smoke and when that clears there is just a hole.

Kid, 9 years old September 8, 2012

LEARNING

The best game in the world

It costs $26.99 But is definitely worth the money it's a world of blocks at night monsters spawn (appear) without instructions it's sort of hard go to minecraft wiki for help or watch tutorials I suggest paulsoresjr.

Kid, 12 years old Written byTheParanormalMan24 September 3, 2012

My favorite pc game

well you are put in a world where you have to survive on resources. but when night comes you must fight off monsters to survive. its a world with no rules to follow and you can build anything you want.

Kid, 12 years old Written bySpielberg01 August 15, 2012

LEARNING

Addicting but kind of hard. Go look up in the Internet for help or go ask your friend who is an expert. The bad thing is, don't play it too much!

Teen, 13 years old Written bysmallmike99 July 31, 2012

free minecraft

Hey, I've just received a free Minecraft Giftcode!
You can get one too!

>> minecraftcodes.me <<

Teen, 13 years old Written bybrymche December 29, 2011

A great game for kids of all ages, from 4 yr. to 18 yr.

This game is great! I don't know why people it is saying it is violent since you fight monsters because they just flash red when you hit them, then fall over and evaporate into thin air. As long as a child can understand the point of the game and know how to use a computer, they will have fun playing this game.

Kid, 11 years old Written byFezesAreCool August 4, 2011

Wonderful, creative game, optional fighting without blood, 10+

First off, this game is creative and worthwhile, so let your kids play it parents! In Minecraft you mine blocks of material and use them to make and craft things. You can smelt things to make new materials and make anything you like! There's single player and multiplayer. In multi player you type in the IP address of a server to join it. I can't express how highly I recommend both single player and multiplayer. Updates come out with new content very frequently and there's always something to do. PARENT WARNING: In multiplayer people could say or do innapropriate things but this can be controlled by creating your own server on which your child can only play with people they know.

Kid, 9 years old April 17, 2014

LEARNING

There should be two sections: Multiplayer and singleplayer

This game is a real gem! Players can explore worlds, build their own universes and take on challenges like fighting monsters, farming and killing animals for food, breaking wood to make tools and houses, and mining to help you survive.

Multi-player:
Some servers include mini-games such as player versus player and hunger games which mean that players fight to the death. A lot of servers have swearing allowed in the chat, so players can talk about whatever they want. Some people bully others and blow up other player's buildings. Anyway, a lot of the mini-games are fun. Some servers feature normal MIneCraft survival, but some let players claim their land and warp to other places. Most servers encourage player to buy something with money so to get more, say, classes on a mini-game. My top servers are woodycraft.net and mineplex.eu. Some servers also have creative.

Single-player:
No language, no blood or gore, but endless hours of fun in survival which has hunger, health and armour, monsters, mining and chopping trees. Also in creative you never die or get hurt, but have unlimited resources and can build anything.

Graphics:
The graphics are basically (only) blocks, but game-play is more important, right?

At a price of 17 pounds, this is a must buy for every child and adult.

Teen, 13 years old Written byAJSS1234 April 17, 2014

The Best

This game is okay for anyone who can press buttons on a computer. Kids can build anything they want in creative mode and try to survive nights with monsters running around. This game's graphics is set at 8-bit and is very un-life-like but overall extremely fun. My five year old cousin plays it and so does my little 6 year old brother.