Parent and Kid Reviews on

Our Review

Based on 21 parent reviews

Sort by:

Amazing game

I got this game on steam unlocked (yeah I know that’s cheating) but seriously when I got it my life changed this game has good graphics for 2009 amazing gameplay and I’ve always wanted a parkour game! A def def buy and it your cheap get it on steam unlocked!

Wow.....

I don’t know how a game like this was made but I got to hand it to them. Barely any guns and you do parkour all around a city trying not to get killed. There is a little bit of guns but the game rewards you for not killing anyone with guns. You are supposed to knock out enemies not kill them. Great story! Language is frequent though.... The S word is used frequently as well as the D word, the H word. But really, it is a great game!

Mirrors edge!!

I don't normally let my kids play first person shooters but really,this is not one. Yes,you can get guns but it advised that you run and really hard if you fight. Most of the game is just jumping and doing cool flips. Some people who suffer vertigo may not like this game.

Meh...... it's okay

It's good, but it's not a game that someones willing to sit down and play all day. Don't get fooled by the trailer!

Even 3 year olds play this

sriously... this game is really good for strategy and has positive things... lots.

Mirrors Edge: Not too inappropriate

You don't need to use a gun. At all. No sex No drugs It's not that violent Just run! Just jump! If your kids understand real life to games. Get it.

Good but be carful

When my 12 year old son asked to buy this I was apprehensive but let him get it and surprisingly it wasn't as bad as I thought other than slight profanity I think as long as their twelve this I perfect and fun

A media major's perspective...

This review for this is fairly close in terms of age group. However it does not touch much on why Faith is doing what she is. The story is about oppression as it is implied in the review. But why does Faith do what she does? You find out through cut scenes that years ago her parents were killed in a riot. They were protesting laws that were being implemented which would have limited their media rights(free speech.) This had an extreme effect on her. Her job has become all about spreading the truth that the media tries to keep under wraps. It’s also implied at several points throughout the game that the job of the runners is not to kill or go after police but those that control them. The player has the option and ability to incapacitate rather than kill. This is morally praiseworthy and is in fact encouraged through achievements and trophies while killing is not. The problem is that the game makes you work hard for it, which could lead some gamers to deciding to kill rather than take the moral high road. Overall the game is excellent but should be for older teens and gamers.

Good for gamers who need a challenge.

Mirror's Edge is nothing like any other game. Putting the player in the shoes of a Free Runner gives the player a different perspective on the gaming world. It is challenging and provides a good role model with the main character, Faith. I recommend this game to any gamer who is looking for a challenge.