Parent reviews for Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe

Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe Poster Image

Female characters' outfits are too skimpy

The most digestible version of Mortal Kombat cuts down the gore for younger comic fans.

You hear Mortal Kombat and it's synonymous with gross out exploitation an highly suggestive outfits. However, introducing comic heroes has caused the gimmickry of past MK games to be more focused on solid mechanics and gameplay rather than cheap thrills. Having played and hated previous MK titles, I was pleasantly suprised at the lack of cheap AI difficulty and spam maneuvers that made the past games often feel rigged or generic aside from it's novelty gore. Although the story is decent, this is obviously only set as a backdrop as to why these ridiculous match ups are even taking place, but the combat is executed so smoothly and so well that it rivals Street Fighter on a technical level for the first time with much more attack variety and balance than any MK before it. Although it shows it's age a bit with other, newer DC fighters and MK titles, this is arguably the most robust roster as a 'greatest hits' album parred down to the most likable and sharpest characters from both worlds. Fatalities are replaced with 'brutalities' but the familiar game style has been rebooted to something much greater than all it's predecessors which spawned a better standard for both franchises and a new beginning to lay down the groundwork for future titles. I would never suggest an MK game for younger gamers, but this is the one exeption in case your preteen or tween is itching for one, possibly as a compromise.

16 and up

It's less violent than Mortal Combat and has DC heroes but Joker and Death Stroke finish their enemy by shooting them in head . Real Violence Sexual Themes(females wearing outfits which exposures cleavage)

!

I bought this game for my 11 year old because he really wanted it. Thought there Is a bit of blood it isn't over gory!

super fun

blood can be turned off, but its not that bad anyway. has lotsa dc and mk characters, so it might drive people into other products of thiers. still, not too bad. +the messages are teamwork, with not against,dont rage, fighting is bad, but burried under the story. good for tweens and up.

This fan of MK doesnt like it.

Being a hardcore fan of the MK series, I was extremely disappointed with how toned down they made the game. Maybe its just me, but MK just isnt MK without the hard core fatalities and arena traps.

i won the battle anytime am @ war

cool battle,i love fighting.

Nice fighting game...reason for Teen rating

This is a great fighting game and interesting story mode. Very nice that you can turn blood off. I thought this would be good enough when my 9 old son was watching. Because some of the characters are kind of scary looking, he had nightmares. Follow the Teen recommended rating and play it safe. Otherwise, it makes a good rental for adults.