Parent reviews for Night in the Woods

Night in the Woods Poster Image

Why Night in the Woods is More of an Experience than Simply Just a Video Game

What can I truly say about Night in the Woods? From what I heard, it's the kind of game that is worth experiencing for those who want exploration and tons of dialogue within something that is simply worth investing. As for the zoomorphic cast of characters, mainly Mae, Bea, Gregg, Germ and Angus, they all represent flaws within our own real-life society on a day-to-day basis of what adulthood is all about, and even having some deep, dark, and even borderline morbidly depressing overtones throughout most of the game, to the point of sympathising with each of their own inner struggles, and why they're just relatable to us for teens and young adults respectively. I highly recommend picking up this game, if you're the kind of gamer who enjoys reading text and looking at pretty pictures on screen, as I downloaded the Nintendo Switch version 30% off in the Switch eShop, and it is just worth having of what is essentially a visual novel as a video game, but when you play it, you'll truly see why at the end of everything, hold onto anything.

2 people found this helpful.

Confusing and pointless game with cartoon animals

This game looks appealing to children on account of the game consisting of cute little animals. But looks are deceiving,for there are tons of adult material crammed into this game. The gameplay tends to be confusing and convoluted,often jumping around from one plo point to another plot point without warning. Look-there's Maie and her friends running away from cloaked figures. Now Mae is suddeny collapsing,and somehow Angus,Gregg and Bea have vanished completely out of the picture. Now the scene suddenly shifts to Angus,Gregg and Bea in Gregg's apartment. Wait,what? How did they suddenly get out of the woods and right into the apartment? And what happened to Mae? There are no role models or any great messages in this confusing mess of a game . There's lots of violence and swearing,and 20-year-old Mae gets drunk at a party because apparently,that's what all young adults are supposed to do at parties Underage drinking,anyone? Mae's not even at legal drinking age yet. So-if you want a GOOD adult game,I suggest you go with something like Grand Theft Auto or Silent Hill. Night in the Woods could of been good,but it was the confusing gameplay that turned me off.