All member reviews for Nintendo Land

Fun, family-friendly mini-games open the door to Wii U.

Learning(i)

Teen, 13 years old Written bySovaso January 7, 2013

Amuse Mii Too

I have no problem with this game at all! However I will break this review down by each mini-game and then Overall Value. I'll Start with the Legend of Zelda Battle Quest. Battle Quest is all about working together. One to three people play one the TV as Swords men While one person plays on the Wii U Gamepad as an archer. Sure, You can play Battle Quest by yourself, but it gets hard, fast. The violence level is mediocre. You Fight spiders, oxen (Weird take on Boblokins for all the Zelda fans out there),Chu chus and more with 1:1 sword play and archery. Pikmin Adventure could possibly be my favorite attraction in Nintendo Land. The goal is to lead Captain Olimar off of a mysterious planet with an evil villain named Dark Monita (Monita is the guide of Nintendo Land). You and your friends work together to get off of the planet. Apparently there is a brown substance which represents animal droppings in Pikmin adventure; However, I have not seen this substance yet. Metroid Blast is also one of my favorite attractions. Metroid blast is about having adventures with your friends. you shoot monsters like Zoomers and Zebesians with Samus' trademark arm-cannon and Gunship. You can also play this game with your friends in a multiplayer Shootout. Mario Chase is a simple game that is a lot like tag. Mario runs away and Toads and Yoshis try to catch him. Not violent at all. Luigi's Ghost Mansion is game of running away from an invisible ghost. It is fun to play with friends and family. Animal Crossing Sweet Day is exactly like Mario Chase except for the fact that you have to collect items while running from the cop of an Animal Crossing town. There are six Single player attractions. However, I will only cover three: Donkey Kong Crash Course, Captain Falcon's Twister Race and Takamaru's Ninja Castle. Octopus Dance is lame, as is Balloon Trip Breeze and they are both Ok for kids. Yoshi's Fruit Cart is Great and is Ok for all kids. Donkey Kong Crash Course is Highly Addictive and very simple but fun. You tilt the Gamepad through an obstacle course designed like the classic Arcade game Donkey Kong. when you crash, a mini explosion happen and then you are placed back at your last checkpoint. Captain Falcon's Twister race is a racing game based off of F-Zero. The game is very frustrating however fun. You tilt the gamepad around a racing course in attempt to set the fastest time. It is fun and great in presentation. Takamaru's Ninja castle is a sort of shooter in which you slide your finger across the Gamepad touch screen to throw Shirukins, clay bombs and even slice with a sword. You fight ninja Enemies. Likewise with Battle Quest, this game's violence is very Cartoonish. Many of the big Nintendo names show up in Nintendo Land like Mario, Zelda, Pikmin, Metroid and Animal Crossing. Nintendo Land almost feels like an advertisement for those games. Nintendo Land Relays the message that it is better to play video games with friends, as some of the attractions are only for two players. Value: if you got a Wii U Deluxe Set, you got this game and more accessories with the Wii U, plus more memory for $20 less, than if you got a basic set with this game. In the end Nintendo Land is a great game, but I don't know if it is fully worthwhile for Basic set owners. You might as well get New Super Mario Bros. U instead of Nintendo Land. Nintendo Land is great and deserves an 8/10 rating, but the value for Wii U Basic set owners is not very good.

Kid, 11 years old November 26, 2012

Amazing

Great game. Fun. It is amazing you can see what others are playing and the games are really good. Get this game if you just got the wii u.

Kid, 11 years old January 9, 2013

Awesome game

This is a great game. I got it with the black Wii U bundle. There is no inappropriate content in this game. Recommended for anyone who is old enough to play a simple video game!

Adult Written byLuigitails February 11, 2013

LEARNING

Now back into SERIOUS Mode.

Okay. This is a good game, but there is cartoon violence. It's not too much. The cooperation in the Team games is good. Kids can learn their mistakes by replaying. The Zelda game is a good example of this.

Parent of a 9 and 11 year old Written bySand.1 November 26, 2012

LEARNING

A must have for Wii U for players of all ages.

A fun game you can play as a family or individually.

Parent of a 9 and 12 year old Written byMattmchugh February 1, 2013

Good collection of games exclusive to Wii U

There's really no content here that could be considered objectionable. Even the "violent" games (Zelda Quest, Metroid Blast, Ninja Castle) have enemies designed to look like cartoons of paper or fabric. No one dies. They just go "poof."

The best of these are the multi-player ones (Zelda, Mario Chase, Ghost Mansion, Candy Collect) where up to five players can simultaneously compete in short, simple games where the one using the Wii U pad screen hides or runs while the others follow on the big screen and use the old-style Wii remotes. Nintendo calls this "asymmetrical" play, and it's a blast at parties... but you need a lot controllers!

The game is a "must-have" with the Wii U. Nintendo designed it to demonstrate what the Wii U is capable of, and it does so very entertainingly. Sadly, few other games yet available for the Wii U showcase the system's strengths as well. So far, I like the system, but it's just not as exciting-new as the original. It's built-in TV controller functions for YouTube and Netflix are well-implemented. Also, be aware that you WILL have to perform a firmware update before you can use the system, so you need a good wireless Internet connection as it takes at least half-an-hour and must NOT be interrupted (you can wreck the system if you do).

Note that NintendoLand comes with the Deluxe Wii U (black model) but you have to buy it separately with the basic, white Wii U.

-- mm

Kid, 12 years old Written bytedboo January 27, 2013

nintendo land

this will get everybody of there seats party time

Kid, 12 years old Written byconorsopinion January 4, 2013

very family friendly

A few days ago I got a Wii U for christmas with this game.It has very positive messeges about teamwork.One problem is that it promotes games like pikmin mario and zelda.Even then it is still a very family friendly game and one of the best of 2012

Teen, 15 years old Written byHylianHobbit March 12, 2013

Fun game that makes great use of the Wii U Gamepad!

If you are thinking of buying a Wii U, I definatley recomend getting this game alongside it. It has a great selection of Minigames that everyone can enjoy, such as questing (Zelda), alien shooting (Metroid), exploring (Pikmin), raceing (F-Zero), hunting ghosts (Luigi's Mansion), and many more! It's great for both single and multiplayer gaming, and you can share your achivements with an online Wii U community called MiiVerse. I've given it a warning for Violence, Consumerism and Safety & Privacy for the following reasons: A few games, such as Pikmin Adventure, Zelda Battle Quest and Metroid Blast involve attacking various creatures. Weather it's shooting them with a lazer, slashing them with a sword or even throwing Pikmin at giant bugs, there is definatley violence. However, it is VERY mild. No blood, no epic death scenes, not even a mark on them. They just disapear. Consumerism is a very big element, as it involves most of the major Nintendo franchises. I'll be honest, the only reason I brought it was because it had a Zelda minigame. But I cirtainly do not regret it! All of the games are brilliant, and you'll find a franchise there to suit everyone! The Privacy & Safety issue comes from MiiVerse: A social network only for Wii U (Athough there is talk of adapting it for 3DS). You can post screenshots and type or draw a post to go with it, then share it with a community of other players. It is a heavily monitered community, but, occasionally, things can slip through. It's a generally safe and welcoming place though. And it's not a compulsery feature, so it can be easilly ignored. Overall, this game is brilliant! Perfect for everyone!

Kid, 10 years old March 12, 2013

Mario Chase!

Nintendo Land Is a GREAT Wii U Game.While I Was In Ohio For My Cousin's Birthday,I Saw Them Playing This.The Game Was Called Mario Chase,Where Someone Is Mario And The Rest Of The Players Have To Chase Him.I Started to Play It,And It Was AWESOME!Then,The Adults Came Down,To See What Was Going On,Because We Were Making A Lot of Noise.The Adults Started To Play,And They Had A Great Time Too!I Give Nintendo Land 2 ''Books'' For Learning Because It Teaches Kids How To Problem Solve. For Example,If Your Chasing Mario In Mario Chase,And You Don't Know Where He's at,What Do You Do?Stuff Like That. Nintendo Land Is Also Great Because It Can Have The Whole Family Playing It!

Teen, 13 years old Written byCWG1 March 31, 2013

This game Is made for Kids and Adults because both can enjoy it.

This game does not consist of anything graphic at ALL! The only thing is that it has is some mild violence. If you don't let your kid play this I feel sorry for him because he is going to be shielded to the point where he won't understand reality. Nothing to worry about AT ALL. the only thing I see kids getting freaked out by is the Luigi's ghost game where you hide and sneak up on other characters, but that is nothing. If this were rated as a movie it would be PG: Some Mild Comical Violence, and some brief scary images.

Teen, 15 years old Written byDarkToonLink March 17, 2013

Nintendo Land - Quick summary

A very fun game, often rewards teamwork, contains some cartoon violence.

Kid, 10 years old August 9, 2013

CommonSenseMedia has no common sense!

Come on, this isn't 8-plus! This game is very fun for younger kids for three reasons: bright, colourful graphics, easy-to-play, and Mario. It's only problem is that you can't get to grips with this game like you could with Wii Sports, and don't try to make your grandma play it. But it is great. It doesn't have any major violence, and it has no language, sex, drinking, drugs, or smoking. You need MotionPlus ($20 addons for your wii remotes) to play 2 minigames. The point is, it's fun.

Kid, 7 years old July 5, 2013

Love love love it!!!!

I like it is good for kids it is very fun i git it with the black wii u bundle i remion it for kids of any age i love it i have miivers you shoud get it its a cool game

Kid, 10 years old February 8, 2014

Good games.

Kid, 9 years old November 12, 2013

Nintendo Land (WII U only)

It is a very fun game, with no bad violence (if you understand me). My two favourite games are the Luigi's mansion one and Mario chase

Teen, 14 years old Written byharraseda October 6, 2013

Must-buy for Wii U

Fantastic mini-game collection, but some games have a steep learning curve.

Kid, 11 years old July 6, 2013

Play it, forget it

I happen to have this game myself. I am a Nintendo Wii U owner. I really liked this game until I stopped playing and forgot all about it. You can get it if you want.

Kid, 10 years old July 6, 2013

Nintendo BAM!

Good for kids, even though some mild violence! My 4 year old sister loves it!