Kid reviews for Pokémon Scarlet/Violet

Pokemon Scarlet Box

Awesome game, for newbies and veterans alike

Warning: This review may be long. TL;DR (too long; didn't read): Great game. It's appropriate for young kids. I like the open world feature, so you can choose your own adventure. Highly recommend. So after Gen 8, what did we expect? I'm sure many of you expected Scarlet and Violet to be much worse. (BD/SP sucked!! Look for my review on those two.) I'm here to prove you all wrong!! First of all, I love how Scarlet/Violet has the whole open-world thing. It allows you to choose your own adventure. You have the options of completing the Gym Challenge and becoming the Champion, defeating the Titan Pokemon (and upgrading Koraidon/Miraidon, the Legendary you can ride on depending on which version you have), or "Operation Starfall" which is basically taking down Team Star (the antagonistic group). Since the Paldea region (where it's set) is HUGE, you're bound to do plenty of exploring. There are 400 Pokemon species available in the game, which include 104 new ones, and some returning from other regions. So you have a lot of options to build your team. (There are 5,478,557,838,600 combos, not including duplicates.) In case you were wondering, some new powerhouses you may want to use are Palafin, Flamigo, Annihilape, Armarouge/Ceruledge, and Revaroom. Other returning Pokemon you may like include Azumarill, Garchomp, Salamance, Volcarona, Staraptor, and Slaking. Though, you should find your own favorites, rather than sticking to my recommendations! A new feature available in S/V is Terestallizing. It's basically where you can have your Pokemon change its type, and moves of that type will be more powerful. For example, if I have a Pikachu (normally an Electric type), and its Tera type is Water, when I Terestallize my Pikachu, it will change from an Electric type to a Water type, and its Water moves will be more powerful. S/V is overall fairly easy to play, making it a great addition to your video game collection. Overall, a great game, perfect for everyone from new arrivals in the world of Pokemon to the people who've been playing since the Game Boy found its way into their hands. P.S. Iono supremacy!!

1 person found this helpful.

Good! But there are SEVERAL gameplay issues

It was alright. I don't really like it, but it was fine. Nemona is an AMAZING rival, and I really love some of the new gym leaders, especially Iono. But it is very buggy, the textures are unfinished, and the open world layout caused... problems. Because of exploits and the open world, people are able to get into late-game fights way before we're supposed to, and you end up having to abuse battle items to the MAX in order to lead your level 20 Pokemon in battle against a level 70. All in all, a less-than-solid game, but tolerable overall.

sutible for everyone