All teen and kid member reviews for Saints Row: The Third

Teen, 13 years old Written byyeahbuddydotcom November 16, 2011

This game is the best ive ever played.

Teen, 14 years old Written byTruthAboutGames December 27, 2011

Saints Row: The Third, Remember It's Not Reality

I have recently purchased Saints Row: The Third after reading the rewiews on this website and I have deicied that I like this game. Even though I am not a violent person and I do not approve of "Gang-Banging" I this this game is a great way to releave stress and just have fun alone or with friends. Many parents precive this game as Grand Theft Auto but it is not. I feel this game is realitivly mild and if your child isin't a evil mad man that will do anything that he/she see's on T.V or on a Video Game this game should be fine. At times this game does get violent and a little bloddy you must realize this is only a game and not reality. Also at times the language does get out of hand, but if you tune it out it won't bother you. Also the sexual content said to be in this game is not really there, just some cleaveage from the women in the game. Shooting people, stealing cars, and taking over Steelport are the three main things this game has to offer. This game is fun, easy to play, and a good outlet for anger. Give it a try, you just might like it. I hope my review helped out.

Teen, 13 years old Written byShafr0 December 10, 2011

Kids know what they are doing

Saints Row the Third was ment to be violet if you know you child you think he/she can handle it why not let him play it. If they start taking as a reality the take the game away for a week or something. The game is fine so what if it was partial nudity, drugs and alcohol and violence. Kid are exposed to these things everyday. What i am trying to say is that if you child tell you that he/she want they have probably looked it up on the internet and judged weather or not they like it. Its a great game people like and its almost like a therapist if you have had a bad day.

Kid, 12 years old Written bysixtytwo April 4, 2012

Im starting to get a little frustrated with esrb

Ok, here's a common scenario. A kid about 11 or 12 years old plays this game at his friends house. Then the kid asks his parents if he can have it because its super fun. The kids mom picks up the box, flops it over, and sees that there are 6 things next to the M rating and puts the game back before learning about it. BAD PARENT ALERT!!!!!!!!!!! Most of the stuff in this game that is bad can be avoided or didn't have an effect on children's thoughts or behavior. In this review I am going to tell you how you can avoid bad stuff in this game.

Blood and Gore: There is no Gore but there is a little blood and its nothing that a kid hasn't seen before.

Drug Reference: For all people who are stupid, drug reference means that you see people either doing drugs or talking about drugs. I'm pretty sure that all kids have had talks in school about why drugs are bad and this should not decide whether you let your kid get this game.

Strong Language: Okay, this is probrally the worst thing about this game. There is some pretty bad language, but if your kid walks down a middle school hallway, they will hear worse language than what is in this game. What I'm trying to say is that kids hear this language every day and this game is nothing new to them.

Partial Nudity: Your kid will see more nudity if they walk into a
magazine shop.

Intense Violence: This is a violent game, but your kid cant really be influenced to do the stuff depicted considering that half the stuff that people do in this game is humanly impossible.

Sexual Content: Not much sexual content that I saw in this game. If your child does come across a bad cutscene they can always skip it. Also all nudity is censored so if you won't let your child get this game because of nudity and sexual content, then you are not allowing them to get a game because it has bikinis and censored nudity. Are you really that strict?

All and all, my final word is that this is not grand theft auto. It is cartoony, has censored nudity, and no sexual content. If you still won't let your child get this game, then you are going insane.

Kid, 10 years old February 2, 2012

NOT FOR KIDS

there is a lot of curses such as the f-bomb and s--t they drink alcohol smoke and do drugs they visit stripper bars and you can hear sounds of intercourse

Teen, 13 years old Written bycerealkiller189 February 25, 2012

Not for ALL kids.

Not as bad as it seems,but it's still violence.This review is for both the PS3 and Xbox versions of the game because I only have this game for my ps3 and Xbox.Some of the content here might not be available in the PC version.
Although the game is misunderstood and not as bad as it seems,remember its still violence.It is not for all kids.You can use chainsaws and guns to kill innocent people in the game,although the blood looks like red paint.Still,this game is not something for children under 13 and are EXTREMELY mature.

Kid, 11 years old Written byEpicness right here July 17, 2012

Common Sense Media brought to you by Jack Thompson.

Okay, parents out there are probably thinking, “Oh my! It’s rated M for mature, so it HAS to be bad.” That’s completely wrong. First of all, you see blood everywhere. When you fall off your bike, you a shot, you get cut, movies, everywhere! The blood is as bad as in a PG-13 movie. The language, I have to admit, it’s bad. F#$%, s#@&, hell, d&%$, a$#, b%$@&, that’s kind of a problem. I’m guessing your kid isn’t going to swear just because some guy in a game does. They’ve heard all of them, right? If they haven’t, then I’m guessing they go to a private school and have no access to a TV. The drugs, well, of course kids won’t do drugs. At least ten times in my life the school has talked about drugs. Just because Mr.Thug does it, doesn’t mean your kid will do it. The nudity is about as bad as when you’re playing The Sims 3, and your Sim gets out of the tub or shower (Or if he has to wash himself with a sponge at the sink.) It’s all blurred out in a cartoony way. Now, if you think because you can steal a car in this game, kill people and cops, will your child do it? No, of course not. It’s a way to release anger. Would you rather have your kid take his/her anger out on a real person, instead of a bunch a pixels? I mean, it’s a screen, everything is pixels! And don’t listen to ESRB, they think everything is bad. Besides the language, if this were a movie, it would be PG-13. Instead of hiding your kid from pixels, let them see it. They aren’t going to go on a rampage (unless they have serious mental issues)

Teen, 13 years old Written bykrazylol80 May 29, 2012

Give the game a chance

I think saints row is a really fun entertaining game! I'm 12 years old and what i thought was that this games to for kids who are REALLY mature (not physically but mentally) i mean there is going to be moments where they are going to curse (they curse throughout most of the game) and they say sexual phrases, but if ur going to laugh at that then this is not the game for u! This games is meant for 17 and up but if ur a mature 12 year old and up u can play this game. Parents, please be ready to see/hear any obscure things this games can get a little raunchy. But the "sexual content" isn't bad just a little women cleveage and some sayings but that's it also they do curse a lot throughout the game so if ur uncomfortable with bad words just press the mute button. Overall the game is really fun and it is one of my favorites! Let ur kid try it!

Teen, 13 years old Written bytrex4444 June 10, 2012

sants row 3 not bad

it is good for learning map skills but set guide lines and make sure you don't let your kids know it only bad if they start doing it and start thanking it is good to do

Teen, 13 years old Written bySubmarine Bullet June 8, 2012

Saints Row The Third

First off, if you don't want your child to see violence, then stop reading now because the whole game is mainly violence with guns and "bats". And you get a range of different weapons and gadgets throughout the game. There's a lot of language in the game, but are said to be funny. Then there is the sex. You see girls in a bikini most of the time. You also can go naked, but they censor it. And yes, one of your weapons is a gaint purple d**** bat, but then again it's put in there to be funny. So, can you really trust your child playing this game.

Teen, 13 years old Written byDefBun May 26, 2012

ESRB does not know your OWN children

c'mon people if you really want to know how inappropriate a game is read a parent review. and when i say this i mean not the crazy "o my BABY this kills the minds of kids" but one that gives the reasons on both sides and then use your own instinct. I repeat own because only you know your own child.

Know my personal belief (I am 13). Ok so saints has a very mild amount of non-humorous sexual theme. And drug refrence, drinking, e.t.c kids already know what all these things and a kid who can realize there are consequences for these activities should be able to play it.

To summarize depending on there natural maturity i believe the push would be 11.

P.S ESRB have became an unreliable source thats why there are many sites like this.

Teen, 13 years old Written byCowRug1024 October 27, 2012

Its not a bad game!

Its not that bad. Parents need to stop being over-protective.

Teen, 15 years old Written byMW3Master June 18, 2012

GREAT GAME

The game is pretty good. The language is kinda bad but the language in the game I've heard before in movies and TV shows. The sexual content is not bad just some women in bikini which women wear at pools and beach. The drugs and drinking in the game are not shown.Violence is fake and cartoonish. Blood looks like red paint. its not as graphic as saints row 2, and its nothing GTA its more fun and doesnt have as much blood and sexual content as GTA. Its not real and parents if u think its bad, and it has filter on all the Rated M Games so u can turn off any thing u like language, blood, sexual content, and drugs. so it makes Rated M better for kids to play. J

Teen, 16 years old Written byUSCTrojan May 27, 2012

GREAT for Teens

This is The BEST Game i have ever played in my entire life.

Teen, 16 years old Written byTheReviewHelper July 28, 2012

It's the parents misconception on Saints Row 3

Look. All the parents out there looking at this review are going to probably notice that it seems pretty harsh, but serious and fair. Yes, the game has some sexual content, but it has almost never shown up in the game. Prostitution is your choice. Your not forced to do anything. It is all the players choice. If you have ever been to any kind of dangerous neighborhood, then you have seen this game. It shows gangs, but their is a good message in that "Gang-Banging". Your killing the gangs and trying to stop them from taking over. SO really your trying to stop gang violence. Yes, there is some mild blood but if you have played any other M-rated content games, you have seen this before. Parents have a misconception on this game, thinking that this game is terrible and this game is a lot worse than GTA IV (Grand Theft Auto 4) and your wrong. Your just plain wrong about that misconception. GTA 1-4 are all WAY worse than this game. The swearing does only get out of hand when getting shot or cutscenes after a mission, but you can skip missions. I hope I helped, but this is your choice about the game. Not my fault about your thoughts about the game because I'm not in charge of you, and I can't be your conscience. The thing that I can say that this is game is about less violent and nothing like the average Grand Theft Auto. If you have ever played Grand Theft Auto, this game is should be nothing to you. The so called Common Sense Media people have no common sense. I bet they haven't even played this game before. I mean there is no nudity that isn't covered. If your the parent who is nervous about getting the game for your kid don't be. I mean everything that is nudity or "suggestive content" is covered up, and I myself have gone to other kids at my school's house's and they have the game. Their parents are fine with it, and 2, I have seen everything in the game. It's not like im defending a game I haven't seen before or even played before. I've played it almost every time I don't go straight home after school. The violence is covered up as far as nudity and sexual content. Their is actually NO sexual content unless you either make your character a girl, or decide to. Saints Row: The Third I would have to say is the game where their is the most misconception's on the game. The typical parent that has seen the trailer to the game would say of course, "No, have you seen the trailer?" Well, yes I have seen the trailer and played the game. Don't you think if the game was that bad, I would want it and even say, "You can watch and see what happens in the game if you want, because your not getting the fact that the reviews and the people your getting your trust from are WRONG." I have this so called "roommate" that is my friend, even though he is an adult. When I asked my mom can I get the game, he jumped in to look up the trailer and tell her to watch it. The trailer is FAR worse than the game. You don't have to do any of that stuff. If you played Grand Theft Auto just like all the reviews say, than you can handle this game like it's nothing. As long as you can tell us the kids, the difference from right and wrong for the kids that mirror things in the game, then we should be able to play it. If there is anything in the game that you don't want the kids to see then tell them that you shouldn't be watching things like that. Also, take it away if their starting to go through behavioral changes, like talking about killing anyone, simply TAKE IT AWAY. You don't have to just completely forget about letting them play it, and if they start changing in behavior than take it away until they start learning their mistakes, and not get the game period. AS LONG AS YOUR CHILD IS MATURE AND KNOWS THE DIFFERENCE THEY ARE FINE! I'm not in charge of your decision, but I can tell you one thing. Your misconception can make the child mad and ruin your relationship between the 2 of you. Just think about what I said about letting them get it and if they change, take it away until they change back. The violence is comical, and it isn't right to let your misconceptions lead you to making the kid not get the game, because of what you think. It's not you who would be playing it, so why would you be concerned. It shows you what happens when you get led into harmful things like gangs, or gang related friends. You need to think about this. All the things in this game are either comical or things that we go through almost everyday or simply everyday. I hope I changed your decision or misconception. It's the parents misconception on Saints Row The Third! Bye Bye :D

Teen, 15 years old Written by-kill500- May 17, 2012

pegi pourri

This game is not very violent nor excessive it is not realistic

Kid, 12 years old Written bysirwoo June 20, 2013

True ballistic game with the MOST explosions EVER

Kid, 11 years old Written byjdaz1223 July 2, 2012

OK for kids 12+

i didn't get tis game yet, but on youtube i've seen some of the gameplay on this game! the only problem is the strong language, i'm 12 but I am mature enough to understand that using strong language is bad! once my whole family including my grandma went to see a PG-13 film and in the movie it said the F word!!! we were all shocked but i knew better! this game is good and cool! and there is no sex in this game! this game is actually pretty funny too! sometimes you would see people in bear costumes and you could even own stores and stuff. My dad says it's ok, he knows i'm not going to copy the violence and the strong language in this video game.

Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2013

It could just be a game where your kids can let their anger out!!

This game is very good. Sure, it has partial nudity and sex and strong language and drugs, but nothing children don't hear of on a daily basis. The nudity: children will walk in to a magazine store and would see more nudity in 3 or 4 magazines than 15 hours of playing this game! It may have a lot of violence, but even if you parents still disagree with me then you could still buy it so that your children can set their angers on stupid pixels every now and then and it's also such a fun game that your child would not be angry any more! It is an excellently well made game that is fine for kids 10 years and older.

Teen, 16 years old Written byFredtheFailLord January 15, 2012

Fun for teenagers, but definitely not appropriate for everyone

Oh, hey guys! An intelligent person on the internet here! This game, while fun, is almost farcical in the violence, sexual innuendo, and language. It's a parody of Grand Theft Auto, and revels in overdoing everything from language to vehicle selection. In short, it's Jackass meets Grand Theft Auto for your console of choice, or PC.