Kid reviews for Sid Meier's Civilization V

Sid Meier's Civilization V Poster Image

A credit to the series

Like all Civilization games, Civilization V is a masterpiece. With amazing narrations, high quality graphics and an interesting gameplay (as always) Civ 5 is a must have. This turn-based strategy game comes at an affordable price, and while expansions are available the base game is still extremely playable without them. There is also a level of educational promotion in Civ 5, with historic leaders, different languages and interesting quotes. Anyone could play the game, there are no overly scary or violent parts, but around 12-13 you can truly appreciate the game.

Great game, good for newcomers to the strategy genre

I gave it an 11+ only because some of the concepts are too complex for a little kid. It's definitely among the best strategy games of all time. Also, it has historical characters and places, and made me more interested in history.

Great

My brother started playing this so I tried it. It was very fun but I wish it was based later and a little bit faster.
it simulates running a country, giving your citizens food and whales (idk why they need whales) and maintaining a strong military so when that guy over there breathes in your general direction you can invade him, take his resources and cities. Though you really should get the manhattan project very early in game so you can see uranium deposits, which you need to secure in order not to get nuked. Nuclear weapons are not devastating enough though. A city can handle a few direct hits, however they are useful for wiping out enemy fleets and large amounts of units. The game also has a glitch which makes ghandi super aggressive so be sure to deny him uranium so he does not nuke you

Civilization 5

I have played 227 hours of Civilization V and i can assure you it's the most challenging and fun and educational experience i've ever hard. There's a civilodepia which explains historic events and the uprises of nations. Really really entertaing. but addicting.

Appropriate for children, but not recommended

I mostly agree with the CSM review, but they understate how overwhelming this game is. I am 16 and was completely confused even just going into the tutorial. I watched a bunch of YouTube videos and now I am having a blast, but it was extremely difficult to learn.

The Best of the Best!!!

In the game, your goal is to make a large empire with a thriving economy. To do this, you will have to forge alliances with neighbors to defeat competing empires. This is a good learning opportunity for children because it teaches them about leadership and how many civilizations came into existence. The game contains neither swearing nor violence. I would recommend the game for ages 8+ because it may be hard to play and understand for younger kids.

It is awesome!

I am a "pro" in this game, so i recommend it to other kids because of historical events and units and leaders.

The best strategy game ever created

This game is the best computer strategy game ever conceived by the mind of man, right behind classics such as chess and Risk. This game challenges you to create a civilization, utilizing resources, crafting alliances, and waging war. Difficulty of playing can be chosen by the player. This game can be extended by extension packs made by the creator, and they are worth it. Entirely new aspects of the game are added in Brave New World, my favorite extension, as well as new civilizations. If you like strategy, then this game is for you. Learning curve isn't big, but it takes you about 30 minutes to understand the basics with the help of the tutorial (which is just helpers while you play the game).