All member reviews for Silent Hill: Downpour

Survival horror game filled with blood, gore, and fright.

NOT FOR KIDS

Learning(i)

Teen, 13 years old Written bycerealkiller189 March 14, 2012

Having an awesome time,people?

Lately,I've been really banging it up on Amazon for the awesome deals they give and this was no exception too.Pre ordered it and got it today with the confirmation code for Silent Hill HD Collection,which means getting 1 buck off for it.Great deal.Im waiting for Silent Hill Book Of Memories for PS Vita to come out soon gonna get it and gonna use the confirmation code to get that 1 buck deal off Silent Hill HD collection gonna get it.I just finished Mass Effect 3 today which means I got 1 more new game.Ive just started playing this and this is probably
Even better than Homecoming.Tense atmosphere,morbid images and best of all,MULTIPLAYER.Right now I'm kinda devastated after hearing Diablo 3's multiplayer is getting removed but this cheered me up lots.There is lots of bloody violence and disturbing gross stuff but if you can handle it,not really a problem for most teens.

Adult Written byGamerGirl36 April 8, 2012

Good Game for Older Players

For those of you unfamiliar with Silent Hill, let me tell you that the series is not your average survive-the-zombie-apocalypse horror game. It is a gaming experience that prides itself on scaring and disturbing its players with its rich and frightening environments. Not only is it violent, but everything is designed to psychologically terrify the player. The environments are beyond creepy, and the monsters are grotesque.

Gameplay is aggrivating since the number of weapons you can carry is limited. In addition, weapon quality will deteriorate over time, causing them to break. This can be especially frustrating for players who prefer taking out all enemies they encounter.
Less linear than previous installments, Downpour gives the player moral choices that impact the game's numerous endings. This gives the player more control of the world, which makes certain events more intense and entertaining.

With better graphics comes more violent content. Silent Hill delivers a very violent and psychologically disturbing game that may negatively impact young or sensitive gamers. Because maturity level differs between teenagers, it is important for any parent to really investigate the nature of the game by looking up screenshots, trailers, or gameplay videos. No words can adequately describe some of the game's haunting imagery.

While I disagree with Konami's shift in gameplay mechanics over the past few titles, the environment and storyline are worthy of praise. I would recommend this game to anyone over 16 who enjoys the horror genre.

Parent Written byGeorgeBush!GOTNUKS? April 26, 2012

Awesome for kids

Awesome for kids

Teen, 14 years old Written byraraizBack March 24, 2012

day best game for a baby

i been playin silent hill sense i was 7 good game

Teen, 16 years old Written byCm20014 January 6, 2013

LEARNING

ill give this a chance too.

I Fought All of My Fears and im old enough, I Am Brave! :D

Teen, 16 years old Written bycookiemonster7532159 November 17, 2013

fun and scary

its a great game love it been a silent hill fan for a long time first i think commonsense over rated this title. first of all there is not as much blood as you think and its not just vioence there are lots of puzzels as well second it has just as much blood as call of duty and its tamer cause your not killing people your killing monsters thanks for listening