Parent reviews for Spider-Man: Web of Shadows

Spider-Man: Web of Shadows Poster Image

Decent game, but overwhelming sex content ruins it.

CSM's review of this game is not accurate. That is the first thing I would like to point out. The area where it fails to give correct information is in the "Sex" category. They don't even give it one dot, saying the only thing to worry about is "mild flirting between Spiderman and Black Cat". That is sorely wrong. I bought this game because I thought it would be okay based on the review from Common Sense. It is not. First, the flirting between Spidey and Black Cat is much more than mild, it is highly suggestive. Secondly, Black Cat's outfit is extremely revealing, similar to the outfit of Catwoman in Batman: Arkham City. I wanted to be able to play as Spiderman, not be exposed to the stuff of promiscuous "gentlemen's clubs". It is rather disturbing to me that 1) the game developers would even put this in a game, and 2) that Common Sense Media would seemingly overlook it. Otherwise, this game is fun enough, though as other have said it gets repetitive. Ultimately though, the bad outweighs the good, and I'll be looking for other options.

awesome

Even though I easily beat it fluently in four days, I thought that this was a totally different Spider-Man experience (it's T, but what kind of teenager would play Spider-Man? Settle down, ESRB!) I give it an E rating because the violence was a little strong and they said the word "hell" sometimes. Nothing wrong, a great game.

Not bad

The gameplay is nice, there are multiple ways to tell the story. Some of the 'black suit' attacks are rather brutal, but not so much so as to detract from Spidey's usual vein. As to the 'consumerism', most billboards are just reverences to companies that feature in Marvel comics.

Good for tweens!

Great game, I strongly recommend this game for tweens and teens!