All member reviews for Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

A good -- but not great -- Star Wars adventure.

Adult Written byMarcsisinMom July 21, 2009

Personal killing without mercy makes this game a bad choice for tweens and younger

My problem with this game is the need to relentlessly kill people who are begging for mercy. My son will point out that this happens in the movies too, but in the movies, he is not the person choosing to kill the person in order to advance to the next level. Characters literally beg for their lives and in order to "win" you need to reject these pleas. The deaths are personal and although blood is not a big issue, the morals of it are quite questionable for my 11 year old. Perhaps when he is over 13...

Kid, 11 years old Written byFezesAreCool May 29, 2011

A bit violent, good if you're a Star Wars fan, 11+

I think this game is very good. There's some violence but no blood. The Force powers are very fun! Star Wars fans would probably enjoy this game more than non-Star Wars fans (I'm a Star Wars fan). I recommend it to people who like Star Wars.

Kid, 10 years old Written bySmartest person November 10, 2011

loved it

very good storyline but kind of dark in some parts i recomend younger players dont watch the cutscenes

Teen, 13 years old Written byPatricks Reviews April 27, 2011

THANK YOU!

Awesome game! Bottom line.

Kid, 10 years old Written byiDoom July 20, 2011

Force Unleashed. Great for Mature Tweens

To start off THE GAME IS VERY VOILENT!!! When you use force choke you can hear bone shattering in the neck of them victim. Also you see the victim yanking and shoving trying to regen use of breathing then dye painfuly. Also there is language in the bakground like: HOW THE H**L..., WHAT THE F**K, ect. Theres a 5 sec.kiss between Juno and Starkiller. The main characters mentor is an achoholic. And to top it off the Twi'lek only wear small rags.

Kid, 12 years old Written byLeumer April 30, 2011

Good for ages 11+

Very good game. It is what every kid wants to play, a war game, but there is no blood like in Call of Duty. It is very easy to play, and lets you choose between good and evil. Overall it is a good game, but not good for strict parents.

Teen, 17 years old Written by-Caim- August 19, 2011

The Force truly is Unleashed.

The Force Unleashed is a very violent game. No blood is shown, however this is the only reason the game is has a T rating. That being put aside, this game is excellent. Starkiller (The Apprentice) has many abilities including Lightning, which sends surges of lighting out of his fingertips. Later on he can use both his hands to shock his enemies. There is also the Force Push which allows him to use objects scattered around as weapons, including his own enemies. The Force Choke snaps his foe's neck. The Lightsaber Impale has him impaling his saber into his foe's chest. Finally, Repulse concentrates the force around Starkiller and releases it into a destructive surge. There are much more then just these, you'll see for yourself. You can upgrade the force using points gained from combat. Gameplay is smooth and easy to get used to. The storyline is interesting, but it involves assassinating various Jedi. Overall, the game is not that bad or inappropriate. I recommend this to kids 13 and up, and give it a 4 out of 5.

Kid, 10 years old Written by-_- January 16, 2011

it isnt happyland, but its not gorey like its sequel

Adult Written byHonestReviewSam June 14, 2011

Great game

This is probably one of the best games I've ever played. While it is a bit violent, there is no blood or gore. The story follows a young Force wielder (17 years old) as he overcomes a violent upbringing to conquer his anger for the sake of those he loves. That in itself is a positive message.

Teen, 14 years old Written by8colony8 February 21, 2011

A good but short Star Wars game. You play as a sith, and you kill both good and bad guys. You can slash and stab with a lightsaber and use a variety of Force powers to kill enemies. Some examples of Force powers are: Force Push, Lightning, Choke, Pummel, and using the Force to grab enemies and throw tem at walls, which is very fun. Some enemies, including a witch, may be scary to little kids. Some female characters wear very little clothing.

Parent of a 12 year old Written byCanadianWolfPack December 22, 2010

Horrible Deaths

Well isn't everyone a critic. I think there shouldn't be child reviews, anyway you might want to keep this game a way from the youth. In one scene a crazy alien guy was fighting and my my next door neighbor's kid started to cry, over all it was a very good game.

Teen, 13 years old Written by360gamer March 18, 2011

Star Wars fans will dig this...

This game is so fun. There is no blood, but enemies will scream and yell when you stab them, force choke/push them, or crush them with rocks, pieces of metal, or other people.

Kid, 11 years old Written bypie or pie January 4, 2011

IM BACK AFTER 2 YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

very good game i have it on wii and it is fun but there are some conserns like you can electrocute your enemys or choke them mild blool not much laguage very good game

Kid, 12 years old Written bythe bluedude September 7, 2011

he's not all bad

I own this game and personally I really enjoy.Its one of those games that you can come back to play later.Even after you get bored of it.The violence in this game wouldn't be in issue for a mature 11 year old that doesn't go crazy after he kills a storm trooper but that is mature enough to to keep calm and not turn rather violent you know what I mean? This game does involve killing living beings multiple times,but you can often choose not not to kill them on some levels.The killing in this game doesnt look all that realistic becuase you will never be able to kill some randome human bystander if you do have have to kill someone it will almost always be an alien life form or a "faceless storm trooper" but this game isn't all about killing stuff in the end your character realises that what he's been doing was wrong and even sacrifices himself to save his friends and restore hope to the galaxy

Kid, 11 years old Written byZWolf February 5, 2011

nice and ample free fun.

i love it and you should play it. but do not play the sequal.

Teen, 13 years old Written bygeekgirl51 December 27, 2011

Inappropriate for younger kids but good.

It is a bit violent but not too bad. At one point you may or may not kill your father and some of the aliens are scary. One person you fight has prominent cleavage and in one part there are women, fully clothed, dancing on poles. That part bothered me. One character is an alcoholic. It isn't graphic at all but when you use force choke it is a little nasty as the person is struggling for breath and you hear their neck snap. Don't let this keep you from playing the game. I think it is really good.

Teen, 13 years old Written byLord Stingrocker January 3, 2011

Star Wars: Force Unleashed II

I think Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II is a great sequal and an awesome sci-fi game with a big mystery.I, however, thought there wasn't a lot of levels and should have had more in the story line.

Kid, 11 years old Written byantlion November 5, 2011

GREAT GAME!

Its a really good game, but the storyline is kind of confusing. Enemies can be killed in violent ways-sliced with a lightsaber, electrocuted, thrown from great heights, impaled with a lightsaber, pushed into a laser barrier, crushed by an object you through at them. But there is no gore. P.S. even though parents probably dont want to hear this you should choose the dark ending because you get two extra levels.

Parent of a 8 and 12 year old Written bykimjaso January 8, 2011

disturbing

This game is too dark for children and tweens. This is the only game we returned due to its disturbing nature. (We play halo and call of duty) It begins with killing for killing sake without a defined enemy. Just killing wookies... Granted it wasn't bloody yet it still seemed too graphic. I can't imagine what it would have been like if I had chosen the dark side. Parents should play this one first. I believe the emotional impact and violence of this games is far worse than the visual images portray.

Kid, 12 years old Written byirocktheworld December 29, 2011

good

Good game but you can't replay levels to collect holocrons so your forced to restart the game playing all the levels again trying to get all the holocron. The game is a little bit dark and its hard to kill the wokkies I love. But good game it hard for Wii because you have to swing the Wii remote but its good exercise