All teen and kid member reviews for Super Mario Galaxy 2

Kid, 10 years old Written byAlien Fan8374 February 28, 2011

Very awesome!

I love Super Mario Galaxy 2 but the first one made me cry at the end after I defeated Bowser at the end. I don't have this one but one of my friends have it and I play it all the time whenever I visit him! I love it!

Teen, 13 years old Written byJustino4 April 24, 2011

Ignoring the Monsters

People who loved the first Mario Galaxy, they will love this. There's nothing really bad to say about this game although there are monsters and creepy creatures throughout the game.

Teen, 13 years old Written byRegularShowLover97 December 30, 2010

Game of the Decade

this is my absolute favorite game for my wii i got it on my birthday and now i cant stop playing :D you should buy this game!!

Kid, 12 years old Written bySosie98 January 1, 2011

Go Mario 2!

Extremely fun. I absolutely love playing as Yoshi. I think it's great how easy to play it all is and how much pride they put in their work.

Teen, 13 years old Written bySweetDisposition February 27, 2011

One of Mario's best adventures.

I admit I am a Nintendo fangirl, but I know a fun, easy to pick up, and downright amazing game when I see it.
Story: Princess Peach has been kidnapped yet again (surprise, surprise) by a "planet sized" Bowser (well, Nintendo tried to be a bit original.)
Controls: You play with the wiimote/nunchuk combination, and I've yet to encounter a problem. Press a to jump, b to shoot star bits, move Mario with the nunchuk. Yoshi is also controled with the nunchuk and you press b to have him eat things.
Graphics: For a wii game, this is outstanding. The colorful, cartoon-ish graphics are a Mario staple, and they are pulled off quite well here.
Gameplay: The whole gimick of the galaxy games is that gravity plays a roll in the game. Every planet has different gravity to keep the levels interesting. Also, there are powerups Mario uses throughout the levels (staples like the fireflower, bee suit, and new power ups such as cloud Mario). Yoshi also has powerups to use, but most were only used once, 3 times at the most.
Nostalgia: This game has 2 levels which hark back to the past 2 main games in the Mario series; Mario 64 and Super Mario Sunshine. I don't know about you, but when I heard the redone bob-omb battlefield music, I smiled.
Note for parents: There is a 'cosmic guide' feature in the game. If your child continually fails the level, the cosmic guide will take over, showing how to get through the level, and the giving the player a bronze star. I haven't used it yet, but I'm only at 96 stars out of the 242.
The game's current price at 50$ is a bit steep, but the game is fantastic.

Kid, 10 years old Written bysoopaman February 19, 2011

sigh...

this game is the same as the first HEY HEY HEY DONT GO THROWIN' BOTTLES OF POP AT THE COMPUTER! but it is i mean the ONLY reason people think its not the same is because yoshi AWWW LOOK AT THE CUTE GREEN DINOSAUR and like i did NOT expect princess peach to get kidnapped it only happend 10000 FREAKING TIMES sigh now dont getme wrong the game is fun but its wayyyyy to close to the first

Teen, 17 years old Written byBlue-Bunny January 31, 2011

Easier and funner than the first!

Super Mario Galaxy 2 is less frustrating than the first and the graphics are brighter and so much better! The controls for the Wii remote are simple. A few buttons mastered and a couple flicks of the wrist and you pretty much got it covered. Here we have Mario fighting against Bowser to save Princess Peach, so nothing new in the storyline. There is some violence, but it's nothing new to any of the previous games. There's jumping, squashing, smacking, and all of that other cartoony violence. This is game is perfect for the family!

Kid, 11 years old Written bypie or pie January 4, 2011

AMAZING

AMAZING JUST AWSOME BUY THIS FOR YOUR CHILD NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE DO THAT ON FOR ALL AGES

Kid, 11 years old Written bytwitterguru May 8, 2011

A classic that will dominate the console for countless hours.

In the world of videogaming, there are so many shining gems out there, it's hard to know which is best for your child - especially when you have no videogaming experience. No need to worry though, because Super Mario Galaxy 2 combines all of the essential elements needed for a masterpiece: beautiful graphics, easy gameplay, deep plot, long playability hours, and value for money. If you have a Wii and a big family or some friends, Galaxy 2 is not only perfect, but the only game that can both fulfill that amazing multiplayer experience and still keep an amazing solo quest. The Mario franchise has always been a critically acclaimed series (and, without a doubt, Nintendo's flagship series), but with the introduction of Galaxy in 2007 (I still own that game and have played through it five times), critics and consumers alike were astounded by the new innovative control system, colossal levels and the breakout from the traditional Mario platform layout. Since then, Galaxy has been a resounding success - both in criticism and in sales numbers - and is a definite must buy for any Wii user. Even hardcore gamers and completionists will get at least 20 hours of gameplay. There is nothing else to say; buy the game, and you will enjoy it.

Teen, 13 years old Written byyang85080 November 8, 2010

Super Mario Galaxy 2 should be suitable for all ages.

Kid, 10 years old Written byMiranda Cosgrov... March 28, 2011

Fun

Better than 1st one, Awesome!

Kid, 11 years old Written bytonyhawkfanatic April 27, 2011

Good game for kids 8 and up

Teen, 15 years old Written byJesseVitu November 9, 2011

Awesome game

This is my 2nd favorite video game ever! It is endlessly creative and never ever gets old. This game is extremely hard, especially to get all 242 stars, which is a lot. There are some "scary" moments with fireballs and bowser, but all in all this game is appropriate. I recommend this to everyone.

Teen, 14 years old Written byDug428 November 25, 2010

Great, but hard. Good for all gamers.

The game plays really good the controls are spot-on, and the story is pretty good. The evels have very clever design, and the bosses are okay.

In some portions the game gets VERY frustrating, like when you have cosmic clones attacking you while you are trying to get a goldenchain chomp to the end of the room, ut it is a good challenge. Better than the first game.

Kid, 12 years old Written bytumbler13 September 30, 2010

Awesome Game!!!!

I love the sequence the game is. And I like how you feed star-bits to hungry Lumas ( I think). It is a great game :)

Teen, 17 years old Written byBigbillyboy August 18, 2012

Amazing video game!

I LOVE Super Mario Galaxy 2! It has great adventure,awesome atcio,ect.If you love Super Mario,I highly recomend this epic video game!

Teen, 16 years old Written byChakotay74656 October 5, 2011

Critical response.

In 2007, Super Mario Galaxy was awarded game of the year by IGN. Rightfully so, the game was creative, challenging and excellent gameplay. Nearly three years later, no one had met the same success as the Galaxy team, until they created Super Mario Galaxy 2. SMG2 takes everything that made the original successful and added a ton of new features to it. SMG2 is everything it should be, because Nintendo felt that the original was uncaptured potential. This is not just a sequel. Nintendo threw the entire plot of the original out the window and started fresh. In terms of difficulty, it picks up where Galaxy left off. Defeating the final boss is now much harder than the past game, and that doesn't count the 120 other levels that can still be beaten after the final battle. There are a total of 242 stars to collect, outdoing the original's 121. Camera system was greatly updated since the original and Yoshi is now a playable character. I give the game a 9.4 out of 10. IGN awards it with a 10. Metacritic: 97. Nintendo Power: Game of the year.

Teen, 13 years old Written bystarscore13 October 7, 2010

great game 8+

Great game u need to be older lots of controls any mario game is age appropite Type o sorry

Teen, 13 years old Written bySovaso March 25, 2012

Good.....for a Sequel

I am a very truthful person so I'm not going to lie, this game didn't live up to the popular rave. The graphics and music are great, 9/10 each, but the gameplay is terrible: 6/10. Only some levels are fun: Yoshi levels, boss levels and one level called "The Tall Tree's Big Slide". Levels: 7/10. Mario is a great role model, he saves the day on multiple occasions. Lubba and Yoshi also help Mario throughout his quest to save Princess Peach, therefore, they serve as great role models. The game relays several messages. One such message is to take a break from the game when Lubba tells you to take a break from adventuring. Another message that is relayed is friends help friends, like when Yoshi helps you in your quest to save the princess. The whole "save the damsel in distress" idea can be a positive message too. Kids will have to put their problem solving skills to the test to defeat the enemy AI (artificial intelligence). Kids will also have to navigate puzzling labyrinths. There is little violence in the game. Some scary creatures are seen and can frighten anyone under the age of six. As with past Mario games, you hop on foes and launch fireballs with a certain powerup. There is a new powerup where you turn into a boulder and roll over enemies. Overall, I give this game a 7.5/10. If you want a better game, go with the original Super Mario Galaxy. It's 30 dollars less and a way better game.

Teen, 17 years old Written byTchickenboybo3rewier October 25, 2011

BEST GAME SEENS THE FERST super mario Galxsy!

its a wondifull Well made game! its perfixed! the game has lively worlds and a wondifull cheriter Mario Who is the Niceest Guy ever he is awsome Yoshi reterns the Worlds are Lively and well designed and Colorfull and ever thang is well placed! the game is interactife and well thanlt out wolds it a True worlk or art! i love it so much its piceless and Trust me wen i say ever one will Love it! its a well made Platforming Advincher its has A lot of Fanes and Realsice move mint u have perfixed conchroll of Mario its interactife and his movie mint Fanes and Walking and Jumping is Smoth! the Game is buffifull Showing some of My favert Graphise In all of gameing ever thang looks smooth and Polished u can Play as Mario Brother Luiga as well he is Fun to play as well but i mostly play as Mario! this game is Heavenly and perfixed well made and Amzing Hart oping Epic a wondifull Advincher for the Wole famlily and all! i remind it for all Ages and to ever one its a perfixed game! PS the fisece are perfixed and wellmade one somelevils u git to fly on a big bird he movie with lots of Fanes u move him i 3D Space with the wii remont it works perfixedly! he move and Aces like a Releal bird and hes nice! thay are even Some short 2.5D levils that are fun a well made funesfull and unlike any thang we have ever seen! :) :D :) this game is perfixed and Hevaenly one of My favert games on wii i remind giting Both this and the ferst one on Wii thay are some of the Best Mario Games i have ever played and the Best games on Wii.this game is a joy to play and awas puts a Smill on my face and it make me fill so good the music is perfixed and becomes one with the Gameplay its more than a game its a Epernes and For me im so thankfull for it. its trule is Perfixed! but dont take my world for it play this amzing game for ur selfe one to one! Trust me u will thank ur selfe and Nitendo Latter! :) :D :) THIS GAME IS SO WELL SRUDING AND CRAFTED in ever way its wondifull the cratifty the Worlds the Levils the Game the Simpely blists of it all and Art i love it! :) :D :)