Parent reviews for Terraria

Terraria Poster Image

This site is really wrong

Disclaimer: I am not a parent, I am here to clear stuff up First off, this game is nothing like Minecraft and has so much gameplay that gets fun the more you play. It looks like they haven’t defeated one, ONE boss. They make it look like it has barely anything to do with fighting, even though it’s they main point. Yes, there is gore, but there is also a setting to turn that off, making them turn into a cloud. Even if it does have sexual innuendos, KIDS WONT UNDERSTAND THAT, THATS WHY ITS THERE. The reason why I put it at nine+ was also because you still fight I giant wall of flesh, a cult, and a moon lord, don’t forget it’s still a PG game ( 6-12 in Australia ) Two. STOP GETTING ANNOYED AT ONE TINY SPRITE IN THE GAME, A CHILD WONT NOTICE ANYTHING ABOUT THE DRYAD AND THE LOST GIRL ( forgot the actual name of the enemy and only know it’s morph, sorry ) Three. Even though it has magic, why is that a problem? Most RPG games have a type of magic system and this game seems to ace it. No it is not Satan’s spawn because it has a dungeon and a tiny cult that really just spawns a boss. 4. Karen, no. Just because there is money means your kid gets addicted to money, the goblin tinkerer is also not a gambling system, you only now spend real money on the game and Tmod loader. ( haven’t talked about mods cause I use the PS4 version of the game ) Now that that’s gone here is a short paragraph that shapes the game on how I see it A godly game that was forged by the depths of hell and the heights of heaven ( This is a figurative sentence to show how good the game is in a lot of mindsets, this is just a disclaimer for that one person ) End

4 people found this helpful.

Decent game, but with a bit of questionable content.

I think that the game is wonderful. It's similar to Minecraft in a lot of ways, but still very much hits own game. My biggest concerns would be: There are lots of bloody, gory, and viscerally nasty looking monsters, such as disembodied eyeballs, a massive bloody brain, and even aside from those, when entities die, they explode into a mess of pixelated body parts - although that can be toggled as a "Blood and Gore" setting. You also will be using a lot of your in-game coins, obtained from selling or killing monsters, to buy items such as new weapons, accessories, or even vanity items and supplies. I'm not sure if you'd think potions are a form of drugs, but there's a LOT of potions, and you'll be using most of them to progress. Plus, beer, sake, and a few other alcoholic substances are usable in the game. In addition, there are 2 NPCs who I'll be pointing out for borderline sexual content. The Dryad, who arrives after beating the first boss, is wearing nothing but a few vines over the more sensitive areas - and during Halloween sells them to players. It'd much too pixelated to see anything that would prove problematic to younger children, but the suggestions are still there. The Nurse makes a few very discreet innuendos, such as "I don't give happy endings." There are also a few minor jokes, such as the painter stating that there are "tons of shades of gray," or the Arms Dealer making a few sexual remarks aimed at various NPCs. However, while they are helpful to have around, nothing is stopping you from simply never making a house for anyone, or having them live at the far edges of the world.

Great and fun game!

Terraria is a great game that I play with my 2 kids after they’ve finished their homework. It’s really fun but challenging in some parts, such as boss battles. Terraria has thousands of unlockable items and over 20 bosses to fight. The violence is there, but it’s just minuscule particles of blood or meat and you can turn it off with the settings. There are some quite inappropriate character designs such as the dryad. There are quite a few scary enemies as well, such as demon eyes, which you encounter in your first night. They are floating eyeballs with bloody tendrils. Another scary design is the Wall Of Flesh boss, with tendrils and a big jaw. But don’t let that get in the way of your gameplay. Overall, Terraria is a great game and an excellent parenting tool. I highly recommend this game for ages 9 and up due to graphic violence.

Amazing game with a few minor worrisome things

Terraria is like Minecraft with a WAY longer progression. While Minecraft has 6 ores, Terraria has 21, many of which only become available after defeating certain bosses. Oh yeah, did I mention the bosses? There are about 20, and are central to game progression. Many drop special items used to craft new gear and advance. For instance, you could mine up Crimtane ore to make some gear, but you could instead fight the Brain of Chtulhu(a weak boss) to obtian large quantities of crimtane, as well as tissue samples that will be needed in some of the gear. Of course, it's not without issue. There are a few suggestive character designs, such as the Dryad and Nymph, and a few mild sexual references in the dialogue. Players are also capable of visiting the Underworld and throwing a voodoo doll of one of the NPCs into the lava, both of which are necessary to complete the game. Lastly, there is some gore when you kil some enemies. HOWEVER, less suggestive retextures can be found in the steam workshop(and more suggestiive ones, so don't look with your child) for the NPCs mentioned earlier, gore can be turned off in settings, the sexual references will fly straight over the heads of children and even adults, and the only way to get the voodoo doll is to slay demons, so it balances out if you ask me. Overall, Terraria is a very good game. It's fun, it's got plenty of content, and I would watch a playthrough or two before letting your child go at it. I highly recommend it for all ages.

Awesome

This game is great and I play it almost 24/7! tell me if you think this is a children's game and why?

The best game ever!

This fun game is easy to learn and play. I have completed it myself and in my 2 and 6 year old sons worlds helping them get better items and armor. It is the best gaming experience we have had.

Don't compare terraria to minecraft

This game includes some violence but most of it is cartoony and you are killing the monsters trying to corrupt your world. This game is fun but is a bit challenging if you are new to gaming.

Good game, and i dont think you guys realize it wasnt intended for kids.

Really good game, same with the brand new 1.4.1 update, it brings alot of new content along with new bosses to fight, sure it has violence but it wasnt intended for kids anyways. If your kid really wants this but you dont want the blood just disable it in the settings! So many fun references for everyone and enjoyment, you can have a baby shark reference, a gordon ramsey reference, a jojo reference, references to other films and franchises. The game is downloadable on really about any device you have, even your Nintendo DS. The bosses can be slightly imtimidating, but it wont harm your child, (no nightmares, etc) So what is terraria? Terraria is a game where you build your own house, explore a large world, and fight enemies to gain stronger and more powerful items to become stronger and more powerful, you can also have a full on CITY, with tons of townsfolk, and you can invite your friends to play with you It can even be educational sometimes, you learn a bit more about ores you never thought existed, like Cobalt, titanium, platinum, orichalcum, adamant, or as terraria calls it adamantite, all found in caves. So my rating? 10/10. about 3-5 hours of content to explore

safe for mostkids

I think that your kids should have this game, just make sure blood and gore is off for 5 or less and have sound low because its a loud game but yeah terraria is a rocemended for most!

My son absolutely loves it.

Each day, my son comes to my room in the morning, and wakes me up so we can play the game! It's incredibly fun, we're nearly at the end. My son told me during one of our attempts against one of the fights against a plant, I believe named Plantera, he told me the game had mods, but for computers only. So I'm getting him the game and a computer for his birthday, since on Steam the game comes with mods for free in the tModloader app!