Parent reviews for The Last of Us Part II

The Last of Us Part II Poster Image

1 person found this helpful.

Good

15+: Very frequent, brutal, sickening bloody violence Frequent profanity One scene of explicit sex One scene of female nudity

1 person found this helpful.

best game ever! but very controversial.

I'm 57, and I think this game is full of adult content. the amount of violence in this game its actually kind of disturbing. violence is completely glorified, which I love. so don't get me wrong, I LOVE violence in games. there is a LOT of sex in this game, most of which is between hot video game women. full nudity. and by that I mean FULL! there is a lot of smoking of weed. And there is constant f bombs. this game is above all my favorite. but damn is it dark. yee be warned!

1 person found this helpful.

This game is not for children

I am a PEGI age reviewer for games, and this game was so so disappointing. I was a huge fan of the first game. The violence sex and drugs and so on is terrible. The gameplay is okay and the story is terrible. Violence is 10/10, Language is (9.5/10), Sex(9/10), Drinking... is (8.5/10). Parents, this game definitely not for kids and kids, this game is not worth begging your parents for.

1 person found this helpful.

Fine just not for kids at all not even one bit.

This game is honestly an example of an nc-17 rated game which means no children the reason for that is there is lots of characters who drink excessively there are couple characters who smoke too, there are also multiple scenes with graphic nudity and a sex scene by 2 characters included but can be skipped, swearing is just all over the game far worse than an average r rated movie and any call of duty games I would say at least a total of 300 uses of f**k and much more swearing mainly in cut scenes but however compared to the first game this game is around 23 hours long but still a lot of exceptionally foul language, and violence well let me just be honest do to how violent this game is just too much honestly just too much probably one of the most violent games ever made far more violent than the first overall this game isn’t for kids for all these reasons this is a very hard 18+ rated game.

1 person found this helpful.

First off if your child is sensitive to gore like large amounts don’t let them play this game has dismemberment face blowing off limbs etc But this game story wise is amazing telling two main characters stories and having one on the side

Violent, Dark Commentary on the Human Condition

Naughty Dog's The Last of Us: Part II is a feat of storytelling and artistic game design. An engaging story paired with thrilling gameplay and "gore"geous graphics makes for a breathtaking playthrough. However, this story is not for children or young teens. On the surface, the level of graphic violence is not suitable for young eyes. During combat scenes, main characters stomp enemies' heads in, smash heads into walls, explode bodies (bloody limbs are shown flying), set people and "zombies" on fire, shoot and stab enemies (a testament to superb programming, when slashing an enemy with a knife, bloody gashes appear on the body). Enemies can be heard screaming, begging for mercy, yelling for help, etc. Players are also forced to kill dogs that attack them. The plot itself is violence-centric. Our hero sets out on a revenge-fueled quest to hunt down and kill an entire group of people. Both main characters grapple with the murder of a loved one. However, TLOU II uses this violence to both horrify and engage players. It questions where the line between humanity and monstrosity lies by using proximity to a literal perversion of humanity (the infected "zombies"). It provokes an investigation into the validity of revenge plots and the dangers of cycles of violence. Dealing with heavy commentary on empathy, human evil, sickness, fear, and rage, the story also showcases diversity (including prominent LGBT characters and characters of color). This game is arguably one of the best ever written. Set in a lonely, dangerous world after the end of ours, The Last of Us: Part II dares to ask: After being corrupted by rage and consumed by violence, are we still "us"? How evil do we have to be to lose our humanity? In a world overrun with infected monsters, how different are we from them, and how many of us are still the last of us?

The game is absolutely incredible

I think this game is awesome right up there with the first one. This game is so great and has one of the most compelling stories in a game ever. This game is very violent but nothing someone 12 and up can’t handle. There is some swearing but nothing to bad. And there is very very little sexual content. Overall this game is great and I think anyone 12 and up can play it.