Kid reviews for The Last of Us Part II

The Last of Us Part II Poster Image

An emotional roller coaster with some mature bumps along the way

The Last Of Us Part II is an incredibly emotional, compelling and in many ways depressing story. I initially played this game when I was 12 and, while it didn't affect me much at the time, looking back that was probably a bit early. The game is very centred around realism and, staying true to that, kills made can often be very gory. Limbs can be shot off and heads can be shot into a pulp. for anyone who has seen Game Of Thrones think the Mountain killing the Viper. The game also contains a brutal cult called the Scars who frequently disembowel and hang people and are some of the most disturbing characters in the game. There is also some very strong language throughout the game but realistically your kid will likely hear the same if not worse in middle/high school. There is one sex scene which very briefly shows a character topless before cutting to black. There is one or two scenes of the characters smoking weed but nothing to serious in that regard. Overall, I'd say this game would be suitable for 14+ year olds but every kid is different so you should really judge based on your kids maturity and compare this to media they have already consumed. Thank you for reading.

2 people found this helpful.

It good but I think it should be 20+

Way to much violence and sex as well as swearing

1 person found this helpful.

Breathtaking, emotional game is extremely violent

The Last of Us Part II is an action, adventure game set in semi-futuristic North America. You play as Ellie and Abby, two rivals who each have their own sections of the game. Both sections are extremely fun and intriguing. However, they are equally as violent. Combat on both sides are extraordinarily violent. Players shoot people with pistols, rifles, shotguns, and bows. Ellie has a switchblade she uses in CQC with makes bloody slashes on enemies bodies. Finishers with the switchblade are very gory, involving throat slittings , organ stabbing of the heart and spleen, both resulting blood to spurt from mouths due to internal bleeding. Abby however uses her fists most of the time. This results in bruises appearing on enemies faces and nosebleeds often occur. Fist finishes involve arm breaking, neck snapping, and head bashing into walls, and desks. There are 10+ melee weapons both characters can use such as axes, machetes, bats, lead pipes, hammers, branches, crowbars, etc. Abby has an exclusive ability to craft breakable knifes called “shivs” with result in faster stealth kills. Shivs can be seen slitting throats, and stabbing in the trachea. Cutscenes include shootings, throat stabbings, beatings with golf clubs, disembowelment of a prisoner, screaming for his life. In gameplay, shootings and stabbing cause blood to stain surfaces and drip from wounds down enemies bodies, and pools slowly on floors, sometimes spreading great distances. As for language, the dialogue has common instances of f**k and s**t. In a boss fight the word c**t is yelled at a character. There is one graphic scene that has nudity in it. But it lasts a couple seconds before blanking out. The is one scene where two characters smoke weed. Overall, The Last of Us Part II is a great game for teens 13+ in my opinion. If your child can’t handle extreme violence, don’t let them play this game. The story is great and interesting but is extremely dark. Gameplay is fun and sometimes challenging. A message in the games is that violence just makes things worse and that violence begets itself. If you buy this game, I think you will enjoy it greatly and have a fun experience.

Lackluster story it sucks

This game has a really good engine but it was just disappointing the story was terrible shouldn’t of won goty

Good game

I really like the diversity in this game there's LGBT+, and POC in this game also the LGBT+ diversity feels more like a sexual fetish than and honest representation of queer (I'm trans and pansexual so I can say the slur) people they should had added a gay character since mainly males play video games they wouldn't get turned on by that.

One of the best games ever made

I really really loved this game, one of the best games out there, would 100% recommend to anyone, you must play the first game first though - it is quite violent but it is no worse than a 15 zombie movie! Incredible game

BEST GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED. I'm a 9-year-old that recently started playing yesterday and I LOVE IT. Although there is some brutal ways to die and kill someone,it's a wonderful game for young adults and teens. Would give it 100 stars if I could.

VERY VIOLENT NOT FOR KIDS

I’m 13 and should not have played this game it is a very enjoyable game but is very violent contains graphic nudity, gore, atrocious language, and is full of jumpscares.There are a couple sex scenes that do get graphic but I was able to handle them they really weren’t to bad. I would not recommend this for anyone under the age of 15 it is very explicit.

The Last of Us Part II

My initial reaction after finishing The Last of Us Part II was "wow'". Never before, not even with the original game from 2013, has a video game ever moved me in such a way. The story is incredible, with strong messages, well-executed ideas and concepts, powerful and emotive acting, and brutal twists around every corner that tell you no one is safe, and anyone could die at any minute, which adds a huge amount of suspense. Additionally, the music is superb, the gameplay is innovative and the encounters you have are sprawling and force you to think carefully about how you're going to approach them so as not to waste any resources, which adds a layer of methodical thinking to the combat. Overall, this is one of the best games ever made and I cannot recommend it enough to those who have played the first. 5/5.