Kid reviews for What Remains of Edith Finch

What Remains of Edith Finch Poster Image

DO NOT LET YOUR KIDS PLAY THIS GAME

The graphics were really good..too good. I played this game and had nightmares for weeks, but that’s also just my experience. The whole game is very..interesting. In the game your Edith Finch, a young adult girl who wants to uncover secrets about her family, who have all passed away. You relive their memories and kill yourself, that’s the whole game. If your a parent reading this, coming from a kid, you might want to keep this game away from them.-

THIS GAME HAS MATURE THEMES THAT ARE FOR 14+

The game what remains of Edith Finch is in all honesty a beautiful masterpiece of a game. It keeps you guessing and the mystery has similar vibes to the movie coraline due to the big, slightly creepy house with many rooms. The whole point of the game is to find out how Edith's (the player) family died. There are quite a few dark themes in this game despite it looking like a simple kids game. It includes: implied suicide, poisoning, mental illness, drowning.. All of these deaths directed towards the children who suffered them in the game. I am 15 years old and was insanely impressed by the game and its ability to storytell. I think you need to be on the older side to play this (14 and up) to enjoy and understand this game. 10/10

Pretty Good

this is a classic - obama

Really Interesting

This game was very popular a while back, so I decided to play it. I didn't regret one second of it. It has some questionable things, like one scene where somebody flips another off, but that's the only thing with "cursing". The whole premise of the game is death, and some kids are sensitive to that. If kids aren't mature enough to watch a Dog's Purpose, then they shouldn't play this game, otherwise, this is a great game for them! The main character, Edith, is an amazing character who is a great role model for others. She's adventurous and fearless which are two admirable attributes. Overall, this is a great game and I totally recommend it.

Great game! Very emotional and slightly violent.

Never does it actually show death, but the whole point of this game is how the Finches are always cursed by death. Like they're used to it. It is an amazing game and very easy to play though sometimes you're the one controlling the character right before they die. My sister and I almost cried several times, but it makes a very good emotional connection with the player. P.S. Edith is the great role model. I don't know about the rest of the characters though.

Great game

This game is great I really enjoyed playing through it. It is extremely unique and I recommend it to anyone. There is no swearing (except when one character flips someone off) It deals with death (the game is centred around it) It has tiny references to weed (a poster and a tiny piece of dialogue) I would say a mature 10-11 year old could play this as it references death a lot and kind of deals with mental illness (my personal opinion).

Scary

I originally got this game for the Xbox achievements and it was quite shockingly violent/creepy for a 3+. I don’t want to give any spoilers but you play as a girl trying to find out the secrets of her past and family. They all died from something and you go over their story’s for the first one you are a young girl that turns into different animals to eat humans as a monster, rabbits as an owl, seals and birds. You play as a boy that is run over by a train, a young child that is killed by swinging on a swing, a girl who is killed by monsters as they want her to give the performance of her life(she is known for her scream on shows) by screaming as they murder her. In one story it is about a deer being killed by a girl who does not want to kill it by her dad as he takes a photo of the bullet hitting and blood squirting etc. Yeah not for younger audiences

Good game 10+

This game is fun, easy, and has an interesting story. A few scary/disturbing parts but nothing really bad

Beautiful but scary.

This game has a lot of things and I only played for about one hour's worth of the game with my dad, but there is a lot of things that I can point out. 1) In the first scene, a girl has a strange dream in which she is very hungry and turns into a sort of monster. Then she eats toothpaste, holly berries and rabbit food to stop her hunger, then in the dream she eats various animals and at that moment I went a bit numb, but I think that's me as I hate gore. Then when she gets back into bed, she says "Something is watching me. I don't know what it is, but I'm scared to get out of bed, and I have no idea what's going to happen but all I know is that... I will be delicious." 2) Various poignant and violent and haunting phrases are used.

One Of The Best Games Of The Century

What Remains of Edith Finch is superb. The plot is brilliant, the writing is some of the best ever, the acting is great, the graphics are beautiful and the score matches the grim mood perfectly. For a game where the only interactions you have are walking and interacting with certain objects in the game world, the gameplay remains fresh and entertaining throughout the whole two-to-three hour experience. You play as Edith Finch, who, after the death of her mother, returns to the Finch family home to explore the sealed off bedrooms of her deceased family members to make sense of their unfortunate deaths and possible family curse by documenting their last moments in a storybook for her unborn child. There are segments when you have to chop up fish, eat people, rabbits and seals and and in one segment you acquire a crutch and hit people. The game is quite grim and depressing, and may upset some players. There are pictures of marijuana on bedroom walls and a character holds up the middle finger. Over all, What Remains Of Edith Finch is an excellent game all round and should be experienced by everyone.