All member reviews for 10 Things I Hate About You

Engaging but edgy update of Taming of the Shrew.

Teen, 14 years old Written byPink_Sparrow June 12, 2009

Amazing-Ness!!

Amazing, very funny, cute, entertaining!! Well worth watching!!
R.I.P Heath..

Adult Written byamollo01 April 9, 2008

Teen, 15 years old Written bycinnagurl March 3, 2013

10 things i hate about u

Heath Ledger and Joseph Gordon-Levitt? what is there not to like?

Kid, 12 years old Written bytarakathleen310 January 2, 2012

Some Iffy Stuff But Over All Great Movie!

This is probably my favorite movie EVER! It made me laugh out loud and it had a sweet ending that will please everyone. As for sexual stuff, a jerky guy is using Bianca for sex, but she doesn't know it yet. The same jerky guy had a bad sexual experience with Kat when they where in 9th grade. Kat flashes a teacher to get Patrick out of detention, but nothing is shone. Lots of making out and kissing. As for drinking, there is lots of it at a typical high school party, in which one character dances on top of a table and then throws up. Again I loved this movie, and man I miss Heath Ledger! R.I.P Heath :(

Teen, 14 years old Written byjazzyjammrz April 9, 2008

Loosen up!

There's nothing really bad in this movie. Parents need to realize that no matter how much they try to shelter us, we still live in a different time. all of my friends have had talks about drugs, and "the talk" by the time they're 10-12. 10 things is a really fun movie. if anything, there is some language. it's not a bad movie.

Teen, 13 years old Written byedwardlover82 April 9, 2008

this movie is so good

i saw this movie in the theaters! best movie ever.

Teen, 13 years old Written bysangster April 14, 2014

Love the movie

This is one of my favorite movies, it's great! Yes, there's a party where they drink and one of the caracters smoked, but it's not excessive, there's kissing and talking about sex.
The girls' dad is a great role model for teenagers also.
I highly recommend this movie!

Parent of a 12 year old Written bycrankylibrarian January 4, 2014

Shakesperare based comedy stands on its own

Julia Stiles and a heartbreakingly young Heath Ledger play a high school Kate and Petruchio in this clever adaptation of _The Taming of the Shrew_. "Kat" is an assertive teen feminist, terrifying her teachers and (brainless) male classmates with her acerbic wit. In order to date her rather vapid younger sister, new kid Cameron bribes "Patrick" to date Kat. Of course Pat's a sweet natured romantic under his bad boy swagger, and he and Kat soon realize they're made for each other. Watch for Patrick's football field serenade to Kat: "You're Just too Good to Be True".
Mild concerns in the teen comedy tradition, all of the teachers are either incompetent or uncaring; the one possible exception is Kat's African American English teacher who openly insults his students.

Teen, 13 years old Written byRyanGoslingLover November 14, 2013

Amazing Movie

This movie was great! A very modern storyline. The character of Kat and her relationship with Patrick is truly something special. The performance by Heath Ledger as Patrick is breathtaking and truly shows his versatility as an actor. While there are some references to se and drugs as well as some questionable language, the movie is really about being who you want to be, not what everyone else expects you to be.

Teen, 15 years old Written byMadaMarch92 November 6, 2013

Heath Ledger Baby!

This film is hilarious by all standards, a very good adaptation of Taming of the Shrew and is a classic of the 90's, and, Heath Ledger, this boy grew up to play The Joker so by all means it has my immediate respect. A predictable plot is fixed by brilliant acting and representation of teenage actions and situations, and, even better; there is an ending after the prom! So, more than your typical movie!!

Teen, 17 years old Written byPoetic Ramblings September 12, 2013

Not Bad

Worth a watch, not my favorite.

Teen, 14 years old Written byIllyrienne June 9, 2012

Best high school movie EVER!!!

This film has got to be my favourite high school flick of all time! It's funny, edgy, and has a great message: you don't have to do what other people are doing or say you should do. Kat is a brilliant role model, if a little... blunt sometimes. All the other characters are fabulous and it is well worth watching. :D

Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 June 2, 2012

10 things i hate about you

learning to think for herself in the future. And when one of the characters decides to drink tequila at a party, she ends up dancing in an embarassing fashion and then throwing up in front of the boy she likes.Families can talk about how realistic the portrayal of teen life is or isn't.

Parent Written byMommyMovieReviews May 1, 2012

10 Things I 'Like' About You

I loved this movie, but not for anyone under 15. There are a few characters who are good role models, they stand up for themselves instead of giving in to peer pressure and societys 'guidelines.' That said one of these characters also flashes a teacher to get a boy out of trouble, no nudity, but be ready to talk about how doing that is WRONG! I will definitely be waiting until my children are old enough to understand all the references to sex and that the partying shown in the movie are bad choices. So, If you're an adult I'd say to watch this movie, because despite the blatant sexual references this is a cute adaption of 'Taming of the Shrew.'

Teen, 13 years old Written byshas56 January 24, 2009

butterflysecrets

hi this film is great

Kid, 11 years old Written byevanesence14 April 9, 2008

YOUNG HEATH LEDGER

the young heath ledger is an hear.
A great movie.
A great plot.
Not so great language.
Not so great sex refrenses

Kid, 12 years old Written bysoccercrazy April 9, 2008

It was a good movie, a fair amount of achol and stuff, cute and funny though.