Parent reviews for 27 Dresses

27 Dresses Poster Image

i don't have a problem with it.

I liked it. good movie for teens 12 and up . not bad.

Not bad...

The movie isn't great, but it's not bad either. Definitely watchable if you like chick flicks with happy endings. It's basically about a young woman named Jane who has a lot of friends and has been a bridesmaid way too many times. She's in love with her boss but when her happy-go-lucky sister Tess pops by for a visit and meets him, they are instantly attracted to each other, which of course breaks Jane's heart. She meets journalist Kevin who both get off on the wrong foot but after much hanging out, they end up together after discovering that her chances with her boss is out of the question because he's engaged to Tess and they're planning a wedding. Lots of ups and downs from there, the story ends happily. Language is not too bad, a few uses of sh*t and some other common words throughout. Sexual content includes a few scenes of making out, two people sleep together (off screen - nothing shown), a lot of flirting. Violence has some arguing and bickering, a woman slaps her best friend in the face really hard, a woman slaps a man. There is heavy drinking in one scene where two people get happily drunk. Okay for the mature 14+ crowd, no real role models or good messages in this one though!

Fun, lighthearted, some innuendo

This movie is so fun to watch! There is some language (no f-bombs, though). There are a few scenes of kissing, but the two are fully clothed and it's short. Probably what parents want to pay attention to is the sexual innuendo, mostly from minor characters. Otherwise, this movie is an enjoyable chick flick that can serve as a segue way for serious family talks about love and marriage.

Not for young kids

This is a movie that i really like, but one i would not wach with my Littel kids around. Its a really good movie for teens and adults but not for young kids.

Ok

This movie isn't what I would call "horribly bad and inapropriate!" Some language and one part, as they mention as the two leads get drunk.... otherwise....besides for a little... making out its fine for kids 12 and up

All teens and adults

I love this movie. It is really cute and fun. Some talk about sex but that isn't what the movie is focused on. It's just a nice romantic comedy.
I simply loved this movie! Kathrine Heigl is an excellent actress and she portrays the lonely, always-the-bridesmaid type perfectly. James Marsden is a dashingly handsome fellow and his performance is adorable! A must see :)

My daughter and I liked it. Typical sibling rivalry, loves lost, then new loves gained. Good chick flick. One "sex scene" didn't show anything embarrassing. Some language. Good message, blood is thicker than any problem. In the end, they're sisters and that is all that matters.

not rated for age
not rated for age

Offensive and Vapid

This sounded like the type of movie I would really enjoy, but it was a big disappointment! The offensive language and behavior was constant and distracting. Yes, there was a perpetual barrage of filthy words that I would rather not have to listen to at all, ever. Even worse, the leading man was prone to quoting scripture in a sarcastic way ("love is patient, love is kind, love is slowly going out of your mind"); and the leading lady at one point casually remarked, "I am Jesus." Talk about offensive!!! Behavior ranged from bad to worse: in just one example, the main character's BEST FRIEND slaps her in the face-- hard!-- as a "reality check," to which Jane meekly responds, "I deserved that." I got up and left before the end of the movie. There is no way I would take kids of any age to see this; it isn't even appropriate for thinking adults.