All teen and kid member reviews for 50/50

Teen, 13 years old Written byEricCarrRulez October 2, 2011

Fantastic!

Great movie!!Just some suggestive language. :)

Teen, 17 years old Written byRainy Day October 7, 2011

Chances

50/50 is quite a good movie. It gives laughs to a heavy-handed topic that desperately needs it, while forming characters that feel truly human. The only thing to worry about is sexual dialogue (which happens profusely every time Rogen is around) and three scenes of pot smoking and a mild sex scene, but other than that, kids can handle the rest. Highly recommended because of the acting and a message about one's morality.

Oh, and it's actually funny too.

Kid, 10 years old Written byfrightnight October 13, 2011

Love the story

This is a heart warming tear jerker that blew me away. I cried and cried after this movie. You begin to fall in love with the characters in this movie. There is a lot of cussing and one sex scene. But , from middle to end there isn't as much language and sex. The sex scene wasn't bad. I highly recomend this movie to older teens. This has got to win best actor for Joseph Gordan Levitt.

Teen, 16 years old Written bykojitheman October 30, 2011

great movie

I cried in the theater. My rating: Strong emotions, A scene of sexual content, and strong language.

Teen, 16 years old Written byhi!!! October 28, 2011

good movie

soooooooo good but not for little kids

Teen, 15 years old Written byxaltrockgirlx January 30, 2012

It's a comedy that talks about cancer, but not a "Cancer Comedy"

I just finished watching this movie, and normally I don't cry during movies (books make me cry more, for some reason) but this one made me, and my mom, cry. Maybe because it's relatable as we've had relatives with cancer, but I digress. The messages in the movie like overcoming adversity may be cliche by themselves, but they way they are presented are not. The main character, while sympathetic, is not presented as the perfect guy we should all pity on, but rather a real human being that is a victim of tragic circumstance. Other characters aren't as positive role models though; the girlfriend cheats on him, the best friend is pretty selfish, and the mom is kind of wackadoo. The movie isn't really violent except for a verbal lashing out between the best friend and soon-to-be ex-girlfriend and at one point when Adam breaks into hysteria and begins to drive the car recklessly (he can't drive) and pound on the steering wheel. At the beginning of the movie, there is a fair bit of sex talk (as in, how to get it) and when Adam does get with a girl after breaking up, there is a sex scene, but I didn't see these breasts that people are saying are visible. Maybe the DVD I watched was edited or I blinked or whatever, but anyway. (I actually took a look back, and I only saw the silhouette of one, and saying that the actual breast was visible on screen is misleading.) The one scene wasn't that bad and did not last for very long. There is a fair bit of language in this movie, but I didn't expect any different from an R-rated Seth Rogen film. Also, there is a bit of product placement in this movie like Toyota and The Colbert Report, but it's not overt and doesn't distract from the overall film. There is drug use, but come on, it's a film that has someone dealing with cancer. Most of the time the drugs are for medicinal use, except for Kyle, but again, not surprising coming from Seth Rogen. Overall, this is a movie that (like The Fault in Our Stars that I reviewed also) doesn't go for the easy way out for telling a story about cancer. Joseph Gordon-Levitt was phenomenal in this movie and I highly recommend it to teens who think the only kind of movies Rogen can make are stoner comedies.

Teen, 14 years old Written byStevie111 March 2, 2012

Hillarious

A very serious movie, yet hysterical. Crude jokes and over use of medicinal marijuana make this movie too mature for young kids

Kid, 9 years old October 2, 2011

Consumerism Moderate
Drinking Moderate

Teen, 14 years old Written byKoreanRabbit August 4, 2012

Great film.

I am boy of 14 who recently lost his mother to cancer. I saw this movie alone, without the company of my father. This movie really struck a chord with me. It was a great representation of feeling. As a note to S. Jhoanna Robledo, this movie was not sexist. It represented a woman cheating. This happens. I have a friend who's mother cheated. Women are just as crazy as men. Keep that in mind as you watch this film. If you know your child not to be immature, than this movie is fine. It is a fine representation of the human element.
KR

Teen, 16 years old Written byOGORMAN November 10, 2012

Cancer dramedy hits all the right emotions.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt's acting skill surpasses anything I have ever dreamed of! He never fails to impress. Anjelica Huston gives a stunning performance in addition. A whole other perspective of cancer is given in this touching young story of a young man battling the disease. Adam (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) is a healthy-living, slightly OCD 27 year-old. His friend Kyle (Seth Rogen) is crass and foul-mouthed, yet lovable in a way. The majority of the language comes from Kyle, especially when talking to Rachael (Bryce Dallas Howard) who is Adam's girlfriend. His language quickly got to a point where I got sick of it and it was way too overused. Adam uses a little language as well, but it is not as terrible. The talk is the only true sexual issue, as their is a lot and it is sometimes pervasive, their is one sex scene but it lasts a short time and is quickly made obvious that the scene is not meant to be sexual but to show another aspect of how cancer is affecting Adam's life. The review says that the girl's breasts are visible but they are the sides and they are obscured by shadow. There is some drinking, and medical marijuana is smoked by Adam but by others as well. At one point, cookies baked with marijuana in them are shared. This heartfelt dramedy features amazing acting, hilarious quips, and much much more. This is a definite must watch, not once, but multiple times. :)

Teen, 15 years old Written byTHE BR ACT August 16, 2012

Heart Warming Film

This film is great for older teens. Teens will be attracted by Seth Rogen and Joseph Gordon-Levitt. People will find a lot in this amazing movie.

Teen, 17 years old Written byBestPicture1996 July 8, 2013

Amazingly lacks sappiness these type of movies usually have

Perhaps it's Rogen's unsentimental, foulmouthed teddy bear of a best friend who keeps you laughing instead of crying in "50/50," (who am I kidding, I filled up.) Anna Kendrick was reliably adorable and hit the bulls-eye on her character's nuances, a fidgety, inexperienced therapist, and Anjelica Houston as a worried mother really brought home the supporting cast. Gordon-Levitt surely proves himself worthy of the buzz around him, especially in the heart wrenching breakdown scene.

Teen, 17 years old Written byyobro December 31, 2012

Mature Kids

its a great movie the language is pretty much, but my review is
language 9/10 tons of f words 1 c word and much other, R rated language
sex 8/10 a women rides a guy, a guy tells the main character that they should find some girls and get laid, a guy tells a guy that they should be skydiving with h**kers R rated sexual content
violence 2/10 a fight, a drunk driving scene, the main character has cancer PG rated violence
some drinking and a guy smokes pot, but i watched it when i was 11 but had to leave for the sex scene and then watched the rest, its fine if they are mature!

Teen, 15 years old Written bycinnagurl February 1, 2013

50/50

This is a really really good movie! i love JGL and he is awesome!! This is very funny but sad at the same time. but it has a very happy ending!

Teen, 17 years old Written bymoviewannabe September 9, 2013

Made me laugh and cry

This is hilarious, but feels tragic. At lease Seth Rogen's character is obliged to help out a friend recover from his cancer issues. If this is based on a true story, why make this into a comedy instead of a drama?

Teen, 14 years old Written byCWG1 December 5, 2013

Great Movie!

Great movie, but so may be turned off to it by it's frequent language. It features uses of the word "F***" and sometimes it's used sexually, and as well as sexual language there are also crude references that are made ever now and then. There is a sex scene in which a girl is shown on top of a man and her bare back is scene as she thrusts, but are interrupted from him in pain. There is no real nudity in this scene or movie. Since the main character is suffering from cancer he smokes weed, but sometimes his friend does too. Not for too young of kids.