Kid reviews for A Walk to Remember

A Walk to Remember Poster Image

my favorite movie !!

This movie has made a really big impact on my life. I felt like I could really relate to Jamie (one of the main characters). The cast was perfect and I, personally, think that the movie is better than the book. I highly recommend !!

1 person found this helpful.

this movie is just utterly amazing

A walk to remember is an incredible love story of two teenagers who are complete opposites. Some people may say its predictable and I agree but it is a reminder that love exists, that every person needs. It will make you almost tear up in the end and leave your standards for love off the charts. I 100% recommend this movie!

1 person found this helpful.

A very heartwarming movie 14+

This definitely has a few explicit mentions, no sex but the mention of it. Mild nudity, a little swearing. Very heartwarming

Amazing!

This movie is amazing! It isn’t just another cheesy romance. It’s about redemption. It is soooo good. The only problems would be when the lead is hanging out with the “popular” kids. There is some swearing. At the very beginning they pressure a someone to do a crazy jump into some water and the guy is injured. I normally hate romances but this one is good and wholesome. I loved it.

I love this movie

This is one of my favorite movies! I do think it’s for coming of age. There’s a lot of kissing. But other than that I don’t see anything else wrong with it.

Sad movie has innuendos, language, some mature elements.

A walk to remember focuses on a teenage boy named Landon-the popular boy, and Jamie, a Christian girl who's the subject of bullying. After being told to clean up his act and having to do the spring play as a form of punishment, Landon bonds with her over reading lines and soon they become something more than friends. But news of Jamie's leukemia makes their relationship mature and grow. While Landon tries to make Jamie's bucket list be completed while her days grow more numbered, their bond becomes unbreakable. Models/Messages: 3/5 In the beginning, Landon is not the type of guy your kids should want to be, but Jamie's influence changes him into a nice guy. Jamie herself is a kind, emphatic girl who is brave even with a terminal illness. Violence: 2/5 the movie opens with Landon and his popular friends pressuring a kid to jump off a high fixture into a shallow lake. When he does, they freak as he floats to the top, seemingly dead. They drag him onto the sidewalk(we see blood on his face). Landon gets in an accident and we see a bloody gash on his forehead. Jamie is verbally bullied, and in one instance, they photoshop a photo of her face onto a bikini model. We see her pass out, lay in a hospital, and some upsetting moments in her sickness, but never her actual death. She and Landon fight once. Sex: 2/5 Landon and his popular friends make several suggestion comments even just in passing, unimportant dialogue. The guys in the group kiss each other's cheeks a few times in the first 10 minutes, we see a girl and guy make out as well. The popular girls wear low rise jeans as well as midriff and cleavage bearing shirts. One of Landon's friends look at a girl with shorts on and makes remarks about her legs and butt. While reading lines, this friend also reenacts what he imagines Landon and the drama teacher having sex would be like with body movements and sounds. Landon asks Jamie if she's seducible-she says no, and he respects her. They kiss a few times. Spoiler-in the end, they get married as her days grow shorter, and he describes their summer as perfect. Swearing: 3/5 A lot-at least six S-words, if not more, with a**, hell, damn, Jesus!, God, etc. Drinking/Smoking: 3/5 Landon and his friends drink beer, and they drive while drunk. Consumerism: 1/5 Minute maid, coke, etc. Sad movie, mature themes, suggestive moments, surprisingly strong language for PG.

NOT INNAPROPRIATE

The movie "a walk to remember" is a romantic movie and it has some mature themes. I think it is better than some other rom-coms because it actually touches some more important themes like cancer and wanting to be accepted by your peer group. When it started and the scene with the kid jumping off the bridge showed up I totally freaked because I am very sensitive in such stuff. The movie doesn't really have to do with what happened in the first scene. Watch it if you think you are mature enough in order to understand what is happening and why it is important.

One of my faves!!!

I don't believe that this movie has only two stars. This movie has some good messages like , to not care about what others say about you. It is a very romantic story and both actors are amazing.

Literally the best movie

This movie is not a typical Hallmark movie! It's so sweet and beautiful and is much deeper than those movies. In the beginning, there's some language, including sh*t multiple times. Towards the end, you don't get as much. The worst nod towards something sexual is when some teens photoshop a picture of someone's head onto a person wearing a bikini. A teen is also gotten into trouble for drinking on school grounds. Other than that, this movie is very sweet and is a definite must-see.