Parent reviews for Abandon

Abandon Poster Image

Painfully sloppy w/ gaping holes left bowing in the breeze and in my face!

no positive role models whatsoever--strictly humans connecting at lowest denominator. 'Katie' independent-seeming (college/exceptionally smart & pursued by BIG-TIME corporation--and ultimate message defies introduction wherein she becomes obsessed, vulnerable and worst of all-- murderous ! Her 'dark side' unfortunately is her most interesting side -- and all these people leave me absolutely cold-no character development past personality disorders -- all assortments of selfish, greedy, 'entitled' EXCEPT the cop--he's the only person I like in this movie. If any message at all it is that NOTHING is what it seems, you can't trust what appears on the outside because inside is a dark and menacing soul ... NOT for kids because what is too deep to engage young ones is also done as badly and provides amplification of dysfunctional people feeding off of other dysfunctional people .... shallow and could be the stuff nightmares are made of since young kids won't be able, necessarily, to see just how BAD this movie really is and may only take to bed with them the idea of a smashed rock on not one but two...possibly a 3rd 'coming soon' bloodied heads. Lousy and disjointed sloppy -- nothing crisp or complete in plot that assumes the viewer isn't paying attention (in other words, 'the gun is NOT put in the killer's hand ...' or paraphrasing what I heard once about a good whodunnit or mystery where the writer MUST put the gun in the killer's hand yet this film skips over reality into nonsense.

Poorly , poorly, poorly executed film. I expected so much more from Stephen Gaghan! You'd think with all the talent in this movie that they could have at least made it decent, but no. Very predictable with sub par acting, this movie is a no.
not rated for age

so stupid

this is one of the worst movies i have seen in a while i would not recomend this to any of my friends this movie is full of sexual contenet and lots of alchohal uses -16 caution