All parent member reviews for A.I.: Artificial Intelligence

Adult Written byAzad April 9, 2008

Adult Written byForknose April 9, 2008

It touched me

I am against arificial intelligence but this movie touched me. I was a great movie and I got really into it. I felt sorry for the boy and I had to be really strong to hold in the tears at the end (It was very hard to do this, because I try to be tough but am probably very weak). It was very touching.

Adult Written byMovie Man August 7, 2009

Incredibly Bleak, Depressing Sci-Fi Flick.

I didn't like this film. i love Steven Speilberg's work, but this was a huge disappointment. Depressing, violent, unnesicerily sexual (a robot gigolo for cying out loud!), and ends even bleaker, this is not a film. It's a flop; a very bad flop.

Adult Written byMovieMan26 October 9, 2010

This is a horrible film. It is depressing, dark, and just poorly made. Parents: There's extremely upsetting material here, including abandoment of a child, a child going into a coma, a cyborg gigolo, and sad deaths. Bottom Line: Don't waste your time on this ultra-dark downer, unless, for some strange reason, you want to be sad. Thanks for reading, and sorry for the negativity - Movie Man

Parent of a 6 year old Written byshalimar September 17, 2009

Not acceptable for any but the oldest and most thoughtful teenagers

As an adult, I loved this move. Although the theme and situations are beyond what younger children and even most teenagers should be exposed to, the issues and the moving performances may give older teenagers pause to think about the deeper issues of life. Yes, all of the major characters are white, but it is a black woman who asks the question that resonates throughout the rest of the movie: If we give reach the point where we can give artificial intelligence the ability to love, what is our duty to that machine, which is then more than a machine? By extension, we can ask ourselves what our duty is to our own children. We can think about the importance of our role as parents. And we can think about the power of love to set the course of a life and to reach forward for generations. It's definitely not your typical Hollywood happy ending.

Adult Written byMovieLover4Lyfe May 26, 2010

Torn!

I'm torn between wanting to watch this movie, and staying away completely. It sounds good overall, but reading the review has given me pause to maybe rethink my decision.

Adult Written byYogiBear93 December 28, 2011

love this movie one of my favorites

Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 September 25, 2012

ai artificial intelligence

mecha, but on the part of the orga (humans) as well. Families can talk about whether what David feels is love, and Dr. Hobby's real reason for creating him. Is there any way to make a robot "real?" If the movie is about making a machine that can feel, why is the title "Artificial Intelligence?"