Parent reviews for Akeelah and the Bee

Akeelah and the Bee Poster Image

Best movie we’ve watched in months

Watch this movie! My 5 year old called it “a little boring”, but my 10 year old loved it. Great messages and a strong female lead. Seriously, you should watch this movie today.

1 person found this helpful.

Great movie not for young kids

Good story... complex plot...will get kids excited for school

Positive messages

There should be more stories like this

The bee story

Great friendship, the heroine shows lots of confidence

Coming of Age

Unafraid to be smart and step into her own. We love Akeelah.

Great movie but parent beware.

Great movie! Great message! However, parents of children under 9 need to know that words like ‘idiot,’ ‘stupid’ ‘What the hell’ and ‘shut up’are used. Discussion about Akeelah’s father being murdered by gun shot as well as talks about her coach’s daughter’s death. Might be a bit hard to absorb for sensitive young children. Other than that, a fantastic film.

akeelah

pienso que esta peli nos enseña a superarnos y que podemos aser y dar mas que lo que podemos dar

Great movie with a great message!!

My 11 year old daughter and I love this movie! It had us on our feet a few times, cheering for Akeelah! It has a great message about working hard for what you want and whats right, despite what those closest to you think. It also shows how passion and determination can pay off and can even bring everyone together. It is a great movie that will definitely be watched again and again.

Al

Very interesting, good messages, some swearing.

This is a very good movie for kids. It sends great messages about standing up for yourself and being compassionate. Brief strong language: one use of "s--t," a few of "a--," and more frequent uses of "damn," and "hell." Some kissing.