All member reviews for Aliens

Alien sequel is bigger, faster, scarier.

Teen, 15 years old Written bylikestowatchmovies June 13, 2012

awsome movie

other than language theres not any violence a kid would see on a goosebumps+guns

Adult Written bydolphinlover9 April 9, 2008

Arguably better than the first

Aliens is a great action sci-fi film for mature teens and adults. This film has graphic violence and strong language. But it's awsome. Check it out if you haven't already.

Teen, 13 years old Written byzappyo29 May 23, 2012

Frightening, suspenseful horror film is best for 14+

This movie is an amazing film, but parents should think before allowing anyone under the age of 14 to watch it. Many scenes involve frightening aliens attacking humans, including a 8 yr old girl. Ripley and the Marines swear frequently, as well as smoking cigarettes. However, this film is definetly in my top ten movies of all time, and is well worth watching.

Teen, 15 years old Written by80sfan8 May 14, 2012

Better than the first one.

Again like the first movie in the series this isn't too bad for today's standards. It has more cursing and it's a little more violent that the first one, but not too bad. I actually enjoyed this more than the first one.

Teen, 16 years old Written bythe postaldude May 1, 2012

aliens the best!

when i first watched aliens i was amazed at the time its creatures (xenomorphs) were kinda scary and there was some violent images but other than that its not really bad most of the blood isnt even noticable and the language isnt used to much ripley (sigourney) is a great role model she takes in a small girl named newt whose family has died (off screen) and ripley protects her. the film is a instent classic i say that teens should watch this maybe not little kids but its still really good

Kid, 10 years old Written byBlueRocks360 June 12, 2009

Yikes!

Scary.
I've been told about it.
Have'nt seen it, but I've seen the preview and the storyline. Yikes!

Kid, 11 years old Written bydezzyrocks April 9, 2008

Not as good as prequel, But still Okay

I thought this movie was okay. If you love violence you will probobly love this movie. There is frequent use of weapons, but overall worth watching. I would reccomend watching the 1st movie in this series or else you may be overly confused.

Adult Written bydigitex30189 April 9, 2008

Great Movie!!!!!!

I love this movie!!! Common Sense should give it at least 4 stars, but it deserves 5. Yes, it's violent, yes, it's gory, yes, the characters know how to say the F-Word, and they do a lot, but for mature teens and adults, it is a great Sci-Fi-Horror Sction film. 5 stars.

Teen, 17 years old Written bycopperzinc May 31, 2009

Adult Written byoiv25409 April 20, 2009

Definately too innapropriate for kids

I like this movie, but it definately has a lot of content that's innapropriate for young kids like very graphic violence and profanity and the characters in this movie can tend to not be great role models.

Teen, 13 years old Written bySomeoneYouDon'tKnow October 21, 2012

Can't match the first film, but still thoroughly entertains

Like the first film, Aliens is a big-top, blood-splattering sci-fi attraction. But it's much more of an action movie and less a horror movie than the first film, which is a bit of a downside for me, as someone who was stricken by the first film's subtle chills. On the one hand, there is more gore and violence than the first film, as well as a bigger budget and better special effects. But that crucial sense of dread, claustrophobia, and undying fear that we found in the first film is not present here, which is the film's biggest flaw. I also didn't think the characters were all that likable, and the script/dialogue felt contrived at times. But the special effects and sets felt better rendered and believable than they were in the first film, and the alien queen looks freaking awesome. There are some more revelations about the aliens here, and Ripley continues her character development, with a typically strong performance from Sigourney Weaver. Carrie Henn is excellent as Newt, with a good face, good emotional intensity, and a relatable personality. Paul Reiser was kind of hoaky as the slimy Company executive, and I kind of saw it coming when (SPOILERS!) it was revealed that he wanted the alien alive. And I thought Michael Biehn gave a flat and contrived performance that didn't really fit in. So, even there are some elements that improve upon the first film, I think I'll always prefer the dark and gothic chills of the first film. Even so, this movie is innovative and inventive in its own right, and looks even better in the extended version.

Teen, 15 years old Written byJaysnake May 25, 2011

Good movie for teens+

It was good and very voilent that younger people probably wouldn't like. Very bloody and gory but overall it was suspensful and scary

Teen, 15 years old Written bybubbo April 9, 2008

Aliens

Aside from a few cheesy moments near the end, I believe that Aliens is perfect and one of the finest sci-fi/action films ever created. The original Alien is a flawless classic, and as a sequel Aliens doesn't disappoint. I think that I still slightly prefer the original, but Aliens is nevertheless a nerve-wracking ride that will get your adrenaline pumping. It's intense, entertaining, and sometimes even terrifying. I loved it.
Parents be warned: lots of intense violence, although it isn't overly gory or graphic. Plenty of f-bombs, too. However, there is no sexuality/nudity. I'd say that Aliens is okay for teenagers and older kids who can handle intense films.

Kid, 11 years old January 6, 2014

This film is so good one of my favorites

I think this film is ok for mature 12 year old and up the aliens look very graphic and can easily scare anyone. But this film is the best and I watched it when I was 12. It was an 18 when it came out in the 80's but now it is dated and I would make it a 12a now

Teen, 16 years old Written byevolinag December 18, 2012

Sequel is as brilliant and intense as the first one. Teens and up!

"Aliens" is a 1986 sequel to the 1979 science fiction movie "Alien".
-----------------------------
When the original "Alien" was released in 1979, it was one of the most breathtaking and most excellent science fiction movie of all time.
However, judging through the experience we have, sequels are rarely as good as the original, especially if they are done by another director. In most cases, it either copies the original, or comes up with poor quality - or both.
Still, "Aliens" is one of the few examples. Ridley Scott is replaced by James Cameron, who already made "The Terminator" and in the future will release "Titanic", winner of 11 Oscars. And Cameron knows how to fascinate the viewers. There is a terrific athmosphere, including many scenes of breathtaking action, but without being too cliched or unoriginal.
The character of Newt, a young girl who survived from the Alien attack where her parents have been killed, has been added to the story. Ellen Ripley now tries to prevent her from harm, having her as the child she never had. "Aliens" is more action-ish than its calm preceeder, but still has not lost any of its serious, dark undertone.
Sigourney Weaver gives an overwhelming, memorable performance, which earned her an Oscar-nomination.
It's as simple as that: "Aliens" is one of the few sequels that are as good as the first one. Also, it is refreshing, has a touching subplot involving a traumatized girl and is simply one of the movies you can watch again and again, without getting boring.
-----------------------------------
(SPOILERS may follow:)
"Aliens" is not as suspense as the first one, since the first one was a bit scary, while this movie here is rather action-ish.
Still, we've got aliens bursting out of people's stomachs.
In a scene near the opening, we see an alien trying to burst out of Ripley's body, but it turns out just to be a dream (we don't see the event).
The violence is not too strong compared to nowaday's movie.
In one grpahic scene, we see a woman that was cocooned by the alien. At first, it appears like she is dead, but she suddenly begins to move and says "Kill Me!", which Ripley finally does using a flamethrower.
A woman is unexpectedly killed by the Alien. She sits in a cockpit, turns around and an alien suddenly appears. Much blood spurts onto the windshield, but the main impact is off-screen.
An android is impaled and then ripped in half. He has white blood, which spurts everywhere and some viscera. However, he still lives, and also, it does not look that graphic since he is an android. It is just emotional since he is a protagonist. Many aliens get killed with acid blood spurting everywhere, but it is not that graphic since it involves aliens. Some people get burnt by the acid blood, but it is never graphic.
There are about 20 uses of the f-word.
Should be okay for viewers 12 and up, but needs caution.
If your kid could handle "The Terminator", it can handle this movie as well.

Parent of a 2 year old Written bygerbowski October 15, 2012

Great action sequel, probably ok for older teens

Action-packed sequel to "Alien" delivers not only scary, sci-fi action, but a gripping tension that keeps the viewing on the edge of their seat. Whoever reviewed this movie for this website is totally off only giving it three stars. I've found that most of the movie reviewers on this site can't get past the violence or sex in a movie to call it good. They also seem to have an issue with kids being in movies if they are portrayed to be in danger? Come on! I'm sorry, but if that's the stretch you have to make to find something wrong with a film, then you probably shouldn't be writing these reviews. If I could I would give this film 4 and a half stars, it isn't the best I've ever seen, but for a sequel to come even close to being as good as the original, bravo! Parents should be aware that this movie is not for children, as it is very scary. The violence is not especially gruesome, but anyone younger than 15 or 16 should probably steer clear.

Teen, 15 years old Written byKingdestroyah April 4, 2012

The mostly come at night.

The second in the series that basicly created modern sci-fi. This movie just blew me away. It is the greatest sci-fi movie ever made in my (And many others) opinion. Alot of people say violence is a problem, but they should look at the fact that James Cameron could've easily made this 5 times gorier. The acting was great, the effects were amazing, script was alright, but a couple of the marines were ridiculous.Onto the Aliens: The Xenomorphs were great, how did scott ever think of this creature? It basicly brings together the strangest qualities of the strangest creatures and puts them into one beast. Truly amazing. The greatest monster, the greatest characters, and the greatest movie.

Teen, 13 years old Written byGuyofMan March 29, 2010

Teen, 13 years old Written byx495 July 4, 2009

Less exciting sequel to the terrifying movie "Alien."

Parents should know that this film contains graphic violence. Aliens attack humans numerous times and this time the humans fight back. The aliens are shot at with machine guns, shot guns, and they are run over, resulting in acid blood spurting everywhere. A human is burned with acid and there is some strong language. There are no strong positive messages or role models.

Kid, 10 years old Written bycheesydude July 1, 2009

Great Movie, But a Lot of Violence

Loved the movie! But a bunch of violence like people getting ripped apart and cut in half by huge aliens. There is also some language. There is also a bunch of weapons like flamethrowers and machine guns.