Kid reviews for All Dogs Go to Heaven

All Dogs Go to Heaven Poster Image

my thoughts...

It's an intense animated adventure that has peril, drinking, and smoking.
1 person found this helpful.
loved this movie. It was so dark though, and so sad. Still an all time favourite. I think at the time some of the themes were too much for me as a 6 year old but it did toughen me up.

Not at all what i expected

Ok so ive been wanting to watch this movie for some time now, and i watched it several months ago. This movie is cliche’ and the and the songs are boring and annoying. i only stick up to songs in Disney movies because that’s what makes Disney movies magical. This is not a Disney movie so therefore the songs are annoying in my opinion. So this is a boring cliche movie.

Love it

It great

Good movie!

I personally think that some parts of the movie does put some out some things that kids that are younger than 5 that would take it as a different thing. But this movie is really good because it does put out that its okay to help others in need, to also puts out there that in some point in time it is okay to accept peoples apologies. To itchy charlie was his partner in crime and in the movie he also stated that "he is a brother to me" because they have been through so much together. Also later in the movie they take in Ann-Marie and they go through some bumbs in the road but in the end of the movie they ended up becoming something close to family.

Great movie!...But a little inappropriate.

I think kids of all ages should be able to watch this movie! It's great and does contain good messages for children to learn. It teaches you the value of friendship, it teaches you that it's okay to care, it's okay to show that you may be vulnerable. And it especially teaches you that if you love someone you may have to let them go. Sure, Charlie did kidnap Squeaker at first but his views changed and he really did love her. But at the same time it contained, alcohol, smoking, gambling, stealing, murder, attempted murder and even more! So I would say there are things in here that are highly inappropriate, but the light-heartedness, songs and lovable characters really over power it.

good family show

it is a good family show and it teaches you life lessons along the way.

All Dogs Go To Heaven

I think it was a really great movie. My only concern is all the gambling, alcohol, smoking etc. It could bring a bad picture into a young child's mind. Overall it was very comical and funny. I do recommend it to families that have understanding of the subject.

Unwanted Content

There is literally no good messages in this movie. I can't believe it's rated G when there is so many themes that may lead a younger child in the wrong direction. Kids will do almost anything they see on a screen and that includes things like these. Despite what the "A lot or a little" section, there is indeed swearing present on a banner hanging from the ceiling of the bar. This is meant to be a children's movie. Would you expose your young viewers to a movie that has very little meaning and bad content?

Great movie! Let your kids watch it!

In All dogs go to Heaven there are some dark themes but kids won’t understand it. I watched this movie when I was younger and I wasn’t frightened/ scared by it at all. The movie has smoking, drinking & gambling but kids won’t understand those themes either unless they are over 10 or 12. There is a depiction of hell but once again KIDS WON’T UNDERSTAND IT UNLESS THEY ARE OLDER. Don Bluth films usually have more darker themes in them than in other movies. If your kid does get scared during the movie turn it off and ask them why they were afraid of it. At the beginning of the film Charlie is a gambler and does some ignorant/greedy things but at the end of the movie he has a change of heart. He cares about the little orphan Anne Marie and is sad when he has to leave her to go to heaven. That scene is touching for dog lovers and anyone in general. This movie isn’t as bad/scary as people say it is. All dogs go to Heaven is definitely worth watching.