All parent member reviews for Anne of Green Gables

Adult Written byfirmbeliever65 April 9, 2008

Parent Written bymyab October 14, 2010

Gentle Movie With Wonderful Messages

My family watched this last year when my daughter and I were reading the book together. She absolutely adored it, so much so that we had to get the follow up movie immediately. Even my husband and older son got caught up in the story. Wonderful movie about the importance of being yourself, of family love and acceptance, of friendship, and ultimately of learning to know and love yourself.

Parent of a 2 and 4 year old Written byA4Q96 February 28, 2010

Great books and movie

Great movie... Nothing not to like. A little long, but kids are mesmerized by it!

Parent Written byStepMomSterToo January 11, 2011

Great movie

I absolutely love these movies. So great. Nothing bad to say, but know that your kids might not stay awake. Definitely not an action film, but a classic.

Adult Written bySarah Grace September 6, 2010

for girls

Like this a lot. Me, my sisters, and Mom watch it at least once a year :)

Adult Written bysss April 9, 2008

great story about growing up

young Anne is a 13 year old orphan who moves to PEI, Canada. this story shows her commitment to her studies and going to college. as a young woman in college, she falls in love with another student. she is strong and courageous and everyone loves Anne.

Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 July 6, 2012

anne green gables

Families can talk about Anne. Is she a role model? Is she like any kids you know in real life? How do you think she'd be different if the movie was set in modern times?

If you've read the book, how does the movie compare? Which do you like better, and why? If you haven't read the book, does watching the movie make you want to check it out?

Talk about the choices available to girls (and women) at the turn of the century. Why did Marilla feel that Anne would be "of little use" to them? And how did Anne overcome the difficult odds she faced at the beginning of the film?

Parent of a 7 and 15 year old Written byApplesauce9 November 12, 2012

Lovingly with all my heart

The whole Anne Series has immesurable value for youth as they grow up with a young woman who will not compromise her values. Gilbert in turn, tries harder because of her. Historical knowledge increases as children move through the series. Anne's youngest child, Rilla's adventures in saving a war baby, and organizing a Jr. Red Cross, waiting and praying for their soldiers to return home from WWI, are all truly heroic, and the romance continues as Anne's children grow up. This collection is one of the best ever written in all time. Funny, sad, happy, inspiring, hopeful, it has it all. The entire series should be enjoyed again and again.