All member reviews for Anne of Green Gables

Adult Written byfirmbeliever65 April 9, 2008

Parent Written bymyab October 14, 2010

Gentle Movie With Wonderful Messages

My family watched this last year when my daughter and I were reading the book together. She absolutely adored it, so much so that we had to get the follow up movie immediately. Even my husband and older son got caught up in the story. Wonderful movie about the importance of being yourself, of family love and acceptance, of friendship, and ultimately of learning to know and love yourself.

Kid, 8 years old Written byHI67 September 26, 2009

Good movie

Marilla is not very nice at the beginning, y'know. Matthew is wonderful, and so nice. Anne Shirley has a temper, does not like her red hair, but she's a wonderful girl! Her red hair makes her pretty, (but I like my brown hair) and Gilbert is nice. It's shame Matthew has to die. The movie is wonderful! (It's fake, too, there's no real true story of that, It's all fake)

Teen, 14 years old Written byEO April 9, 2008

One of my favorites!

Anne does have a temper,but it's a great movie!!!!!

Teen, 16 years old Written byRicochet94 April 10, 2010

Perfect in every way. A great reminder of the days when movies took their. When directors knew you didn't have to use fast zooms, hand-held cameras, and relentless action to craft a movie. And it is suitable for any age; there is no language, no violence, and no sexual/suggestive content of any kind. Director Kevin Sullivan didn't just make a movie, he made 4 hours of art. Art that will stay in my DVD collection for a long time to come.

Parent of a 2 and 4 year old Written byA4Q96 February 28, 2010

Great books and movie

Great movie... Nothing not to like. A little long, but kids are mesmerized by it!

Teen, 17 years old Written byJha800 January 2, 2010

Awesome just like the book!

i read the book anne of green gabels and fell in love! once done i drove everyone crazy looking for the movie ad we found this one and it was great! in the book it skiped her going to the picknic and other things but showed it in the movie which was really neat

Teen, 14 years old Written bykufan94 December 16, 2008

One of the best movies I've ever seen.

Kid, 11 years old Written byAnne.with.an.e May 31, 2010

AWESOME FOR TWEENS AND UP!

I loved it. I loved it when I was 10, and now I'm 11. I've seen all 4 movies of Anne Of Green Gables. It's romantic and dramatic.....slightly a chick flick. But really, I went to half price books and picked up a 5 disc collector edition and watched it with my friends. They all loved it, and you would too. For the 2nd disc the rating would remain 10 yrs. For the 3rd and 4th, 11/12. The 3rd and 4th are movies that a 10 yr. old probably would'nt be very interested in.

Parent Written byStepMomSterToo January 11, 2011

Great movie

I absolutely love these movies. So great. Nothing bad to say, but know that your kids might not stay awake. Definitely not an action film, but a classic.

Adult Written bySarah Grace September 6, 2010

for girls

Like this a lot. Me, my sisters, and Mom watch it at least once a year :)

Teen, 16 years old Written byChicagogrl February 10, 2010

Great for all ages though kids 10+ will understand it better

Loved it i saw it once on a pbs special then got the movie and i fell in love with it. The movie is pretty long (aprox. 4hrs), but for me is well worth the watch. It has a little bit of everythiing comedy (as Anne struggles with the troubles she gets into with her temper), Romance (the possibility of Anne and Gilbert), Friendship (the mentioning of kindred spirits), Education (much literary work is mentioned), and Drama. I recommend seeing the second and third movie, though the age reccomendations would change to +11 for the second and +14 for the third

Teen, 13 years old Written byashlieking20 August 13, 2010

Teen, 16 years old Written byUgli Chic March 14, 2010

for ages 5-105

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!! Anne of Green Gables is one of my fav books, and I love Megan Follows and Jonathan Crombie b/c they did such a great job in the saga! ~Ugli Chic

Kid, 9 years old March 19, 2011

All ages.

Great,sweet movie:)!All ages! I recommend this for your family. A great family movie. No bad stuff.,clean movie:).

Teen, 14 years old Written bya teen book lover February 15, 2010

perfect family movie

I loved this movie.And the books great to.I say 6+ because any younger and thay just won't get it.

Kid, 8 years old August 8, 2010

Adult Written bysss April 9, 2008

great story about growing up

young Anne is a 13 year old orphan who moves to PEI, Canada. this story shows her commitment to her studies and going to college. as a young woman in college, she falls in love with another student. she is strong and courageous and everyone loves Anne.

Kid, 9 years old Written bypixiedots April 9, 2008