Kid reviews for Atlantis: The Lost Empire

Atlantis: The Lost Empire Poster Image

This is amazing and people who say otherwise burn.

What is it with people saying Kida's clothes are too revealing? A) Men in this film are often shirtless and there's a scene where Milo's just in his underwear and everyone's FINE with them. B) Ariel anyone? But I guess because she's sings a happy little song about wanting legs everyone's fine with her. Kida's BADASS for crying out loud. Also, Jasmine's got her stomach out, and she's considered an EXCELLENT role model. ( I'm not saying she shouldn't have her stomach out btw) Geez glad my parents aren't so small minded and see this film for the blockbuster it should be.

2 people found this helpful.
It's an entertaining but intense adventure for tweens and up.

1 person found this helpful.

Atlantis , great show

It's about the enormous ancient continent of Atlantis, that sunk underwater thousands of years ago. Although as long there is no sex, drinking or gore, I think everything should be appropiate for 3 years old and up, although this I think is perfect for 7 and up, and I think this movie is enjoyable for all ages. I love the deciption of spirituality, and the crystal power which is the source of power in Atlantis. The Atlanteans are a peaceful, spiritual technologically and spiritually advanced civilization. Milo searchs for the lost city of Atlantis which sunk but still has remains If I am understanding it right? I like the creative deciption of Atlantis itself in the movie. It was a really enjoyable movie for me, especially with all the buildings from the stone, pretty similar to the actual Atlantis, although this version of Atlantis is different from the real one, but I love the creative deciption, I think it's possibly the only one, and best cartoon about Atlantis and my favorite animated 2d cartoon along with the ThunderCats, Kid vs. kat and Horrid henry. The visuals are amazing and it reminds me of the recurring dreams I had since I was six years old, which were happening in only places like this until a few years ago, I started having dreams in real-world locations, now I lucid dream daily and this movie really reminds me of my lucid dreams. i give it 5 out of 5, it's a really good movie, maybe the characters sometimes should have more personality, but with the visuals and the plot (Atlantis itself) it's amazing, and I feel like more people should know about history of their OWN planet, and not only dismiss it as a legend!

Spectacular!!!

It was an awesome adventure story. I wonder why this movbie doesn't get enough credit. I mean, even withou ASTONISHING musical numbers, it was still awesome. The messages were good (don't do stuff for money, nerds rule), the characters sweet (Milo is a nerd to end all nerd), a spectacular plot twist, and racial diversity. Most scenes are too scary for some kids so USE DISCRETION. The clothes are 'revealing' in some scenes (nothing that kids nowadays aren't used to) though. But it is a spectacular movie. It seriously doesn't receive enough credit. You won't find it next to Frozen, that's for sure. So, use discretion, watch it, and laugh.

This movie is great and anyone who says it’s not clearly hasn’t seen the movie.

This is the most underrated animated movie of all time and it’s really good, it has a really interesting story, excellent pacing, great characters and stunning visuals and animation. Anyone who says this movie is bad is clearly stupid, CommonSenseMedia needs to chill, this movie is really good. Go watch it if you haven’t seen it and experience this underrated gem for yourself.

Action-Packed Animated Film Excites

First of all, I can understand why this movie would be among the least popular Disney movie. It can be intense, and there is a little blood. But... it's great. I mean, there isn't really THAT violence, it is implied that people die, but the only visible and obvious injury in the movie is a cut that gets healed by a magical crystal. Oh, and there are explosions. But of people exploding. I get the concern about the sexuality, with the whole Atlantian outfits and the two scenes involving robed old people, but that's it. There is no swearing, and most kids can be left alone with it playing. Other than that, the movie has great characters, awesome visuals, engaging plot, and is overall pretty great.

Violent but fantastic Disney classic is underappreciated.

Parents should know that although this animated Disney film has much more intense action than the others, it's still an underappreciated masterpiece. From excellent world-building, to fun characters, to great animation, and more, there's no reason why anyone ages 9 and up shouldn't see this film. It should also be noted that violence is the main concern here. This was one of a few failed PG rated Disney films released in the early 2000's. It marked an era of experimentation, one that didn't end well. Films like Atlantis and Treasure Planet carried PG ratings for their intense action sequences, and all of them bombed at the box office. Explosions, gunfire, and destruction peppers the runtime, as well as punching and some blood. The climactic final battle has lasers, some brutal fighting, and a mildly disturbing image of a man being crystallized and a smashed to pieces (off-screen). There's also a pretty high body count, easily in the thousands if you count the opening scene of Atlantis sinking into the sea. Aside from the violence though, there's very little to worry about. Romance, while present, never goes beyond embraces and a quick kiss, although there is a brief reference to "sleeping nude". The worst of the language is a barely noticeable use of the word hell. Smoking is pretty frequent, but the film supposedly takes place in the early 20th century, so that's to be expected for the time period. Overall, as long as your kids can handle the violence (remember, it is animated), than don't miss this unique and beautiful film from Disney. Many people hate on this film due to its lack of songs, but the soundtrack is still fantastic. Don't listen to the haters. SEE THIS MOVIE! My rating: PG for action violence and smoking.

Honestly... I think it's very good.

Intensity. That is something that is missing in kids movies these days. Atlantis TOTALY has it and I like it! The story follows Milo, a young man trying to make his way through the streets of Washington D.C in 1914 by showing the museum his theories on the lost city of Atlantis. His life is turned around when he is asked by the tough-talking Lt. Helga Sinclair, to join her employer and his crew to discover the Lost City. He encounters the diverse team and something else, a lovely Atlantean Princess-Kida. The Story is good, in general. The heroes are interesting but not that developed and their antics can get weird and stray us off storyline. Our antagonist though (I won't reveal who they are) is intense, exciting but dies a brutal death of exploding. It has Indiana Jones type violence but not as much sex/intensity. I give it a B+.

Violent movie

I liked this movie OK but it was violent. I think instead you should watch Detective Pikachu.

It should be a Pg-13

Atlantis the lost empire was the unofficial Disney movie but there is very violence. Milo Thatch uses the crystal blade to slice rourke then he turns into a terrifying monster. Princess Kidagakash Nedakh wears her revealing clothes or bikini to make boys look shy or bashful. Some female characters sleep in nude but it’s mentioned and not be animated. Mrs. Packard or other characters use drugs or cigarettes. That movie is for big tweens. It’s great animated or 3D movie kinda like lilo and stitch or treasure planet styled 3D film. Some words Audrey Ramirez says “shut up” to milo but it’s mild. Milo gets bleed during the glow bugs fight then Kida heals him. She’s like the Atlantian nurse. Some people don’t understand what Atlantians saying their own language but there is English captions on the bottom. Kida’s dad was punched by rourke and almost died, he’s like the old man. It’s Sci-fi movie. In the beginning, there is the giant tsunami kills the white haired man, it’s going to crash the empire. Young Kida’s mom is going to giant stones then she dies and protected the buildings by tsunami, kinda like Alien Abduction. There was a giant monster that fights the ship. It’s a machine when milo says “jiminy christmas!, it’s a machine” but jiminy Christmas is a mild word. It’s a scary monster that’s looks like a fusion of bug and sea lobster. Milo and Kida are kinda like human versions of WALL-E and EVE but WALL-E is better than than Atlantis. It’s does fit for family movie. It’s G rated film. In YouTube movies, it’s says Children’s movie. WALL-E is shy, friendly, fun loving and Milo is short tempered, nerdy, but he’s kinda good. EVE is kind, sweet, brave, and concerned and Kida is calm but kind and a warrior princess. Mole has almost same name as M-O (the cleaner robot), mole more dirtier, silly, he speak with his own language and looking at germs like m-o’s vision. M-O is very clean but he likes to keep things clean. He is short tempered, friendly and he’s childlike robot. EVE has healing powers like Kida. EVE heals WALL-E’s life when she’s kissing and she’s fixing WALL-E during when he was shocked by Auto and Kida heals milo’s blood when glowing. WALL-E is Adventurous and curious to discover new things like Milo. Kida meets milo in the first time, she speaks Atlantian language with a weapon and EVE meets WALL-E for the first time, she speaks Robot language( That’s her lovely robot voice) then she meets WALL-E again, she speaks different random languages. And that’s it!. Thanks for my review ;) oh I also forgot, wall-e and eve don’t need to sexual because they don’t have any genitals organs. They have human personalities. Wall-e likes his girlfriend but so sweet in the ending.