All member reviews for Avatar

Action-heavy epic has dazzling effects, familiar story.

Parent of a 13 year old Written byfuser December 18, 2009

perfect for anyone...all u reqiure is a pair of eyes!!!

tis film is really fantastic...you cant even imagine the characters shown in tis film...i love te film alot..rate it more than titanic....a very must c film...film of the century!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kid, 11 years old Written byAdelphie December 14, 2009

ill SLEEP inthe theater if i have to

I really want 2 see it

Adult Written byMrs. Motorcycle Bob December 10, 2009

Teen, 13 years old Written bymockingjay99 December 9, 2011

EPIC.

WATCH IT. NUFF SAID. Actually, no. I have so many things to say about this movie, but i'll keep it short. If you're really worried about language or violence, maybe you should watch it first. It's like 3 hours long but it went by so fast because i enjoyed it so much. AWESOME movie. I know a lot of people think the message is very cliche, but if you think about it, there are not nearly enough movies like this one. I swear, this movie turned me into a hippie. It's really inspiring and it points out many flaws that america has as well other countries around the world. made me want to move to jamaica and start a new life. IT'S WORTH WATCHING. TRUST ME. oh btw, the war scenes are epic.

Teen, 13 years old Written bysuper-duper-boo... September 13, 2011

Great movie

This. Movie. Was. AMAZING!!! It had beautiful scenery, and wonderful characters, well the na'vis anyway. It was imensly violent, as well as using a ton of curses. Common sense media failed to mention that the word "b***h" was tossed around waaaay too many times. The natives were also very scarcly dressed, with the females' chests covered by a necklace made of feathers most of the time, and a peice of cloth hung from their waist. There was also intense kissing and in the next scene they declared they were "mated". But I loved all the new species, and now I'm wishing we do one day find our own "Pandora" (preferablhy while I'm still alive) and we'll have our own Avatars, and get to witness all of those creatures/plants (but there'll be no violence)!!! That'd be a dream come true!!!

Kid, 10 years old Written bySarena September 9, 2011

Avatar Rocks!!!

Its one of the best movies I've ever watched. It has violence but it is very imaginative, colourful and bright. It's as if they joined earth and sea creatures.

Kid, 12 years old Written byNicki ッ May 9, 2010

Amazing movie, Great age-range, Must See!

This moving was amazing. From the graphics to the plotline, it was simply incredible.

There is one major kissing scene which may be innapropriate for children under the age of 10. It's not too much of a concern, being that it's really only about 5 minutes of the entire 3-hour-long movie.
Also, the language may also be a little problem for those under the age of 9. I wouldn't worry about the smoking or anything. I hardly picked up on it, and I'm sure no child would want to smoke just because one evil character in a movie did so.

One of the best parts about the movie, however, is that it satisfies a huge range of ages. Kids ten and under will love the dragon-like creatures and adventures the main character has as an avatar, while adults and teens will enjoy the movie for all of the other factors it has to share. This was, no doubt, one of the best movies of the 21st century.

Kid, 12 years old Written bysmileygurl May 8, 2010

Avatar-A Great Movie!

I loved this movie! It may seem a little bit weird, but it is really good! Parents may be concerned about violence, smoking, and kissing, but other than that it is really good. I would suggest seeing it at home, so you can pause it and stuff, because the begining is a little bit confusing for kids like myself. Beware the movie is also pretty long, but it is worth it! Younger kids, like 7 and under may get a little bit bored of it at some parts. If you get really sad though, don't watch it, because 2 main characters die, but that is sort of a good message because it shows what happens in real life, and you can't always fix that. But, like most movies, it's a good ending!
I loved this movie, it is one of my favorite movies-along with Coraline and Twilight; New Moon! :)

Kid, 12 years old Written byiloveigs January 25, 2010

bad movie

i hate this stupid movie. bad messages about anti-americian and the movie was so long

Teen, 14 years old Written byLovely Outcast December 18, 2009

Avatar... simple amazing!

I long awaited this movie... and It is undoubtedly best movie of the year! I hope everyone who watches it can appreciate it. Did you know that the language of Pandora was actually made for the movie? It's all translatable! It is very, very Intense. The people of Pandora (shame I cant remember what they're called) are barely clothed though, and there is plenty of swearing, but that shouldn't stop you from watching. The beauty of Pandora is absolutely stunning. It's breathtaking... the message is great also. There is a part where Jake says reality seems like the dream and his life in the avatar seems like reality. I couldn't agree more, after watching him in the avatar for a while, I couldn't help but think that that is where he belonged. Great detail from the movie... It's an incredibly gripping and amazing story. I recommend it very, very much!

Parent of a 2 year old Written byakiyt December 18, 2009

Loved the flick.Must watch for dreamers and those who love adventure.

Teen, 13 years old Written byJblick October 29, 2011

Overrated

Although it is outstanding on a technical point of view, this film fails to impress on storytelling, originality and character development. I feel like I have seen this before, it is just as if you were to mash up "Dances with Wolves", "Pochahontas" and "Aliens". This movie can't hold my attention for its runtime.

Kid, 10 years old October 29, 2011

top3 movie

honestly this movie is in my top 3 favorite and I think a mature 9 or 8 year old could totally see this movie there is not even alot of gore anyway

Teen, 13 years old Written bySeminolefreak April 18, 2011

Another masterpiece from James Cameron!

My MPAA Rating, PG-13: Intense sequences of war violence/peril, a brief mild sexual situation, language, smoking, and some thematic material

Teen, 13 years old Written bygoodperson4 November 24, 2010

this movie is perfect for everyone just some questionable material

Teen, 15 years old Written byneutral15 April 30, 2010

perfect for anyone over 10

Avatar sends a good message but, the sexual scene is very questionable. the violence isn't an issue though.

Parent of a 6 and 8 year old Written bywdhoke February 14, 2010

Good story, great graphics, mega violence

Parents just need to know that this movie has classic hollywood brutal slaughter war scenes.

Parent Written bykimcsw January 30, 2010

Safe to Watch With Parents

The plot of this movie was similar to Dances With Wolves. Instead of the American military you have corporate recruited and paid mercenary soldiers hired to be a security unit for the company's executives, scientists, and mining crew on an wild terrestrial planet. Instead of tribes of Native Americans you had tribes of 12 feet native aliens called the Navi. In both movies they want to relocate one of the tribes of natives off their tribal land because they have something they want. The comparisons go on, but it is a refreshing different spin on this otherwise familiar plot. Warning the profanity is bad. The first two hours have really no violence. The violence is basically limited to the last 30 minutes.Their is no sex, but it is implied after a couple chooses to be "sealed" as life long mates in a holy place. Great opportunity to talk to your children about the historical parallels to a regretful past part of American history.

Teen, 15 years old Written byTrinity507 January 29, 2010

I saw this movie for my 15th birthday and walked out of the theater completely speechless. I can't remember the last time that happened! I saw it in 3D and was bowled over by the special effects. I mean, I'd heard they were good, but really - these were beyond belief. What I didn't like about this movie was its (very) cliched storyline - it would have been nice if they'd given the Na'vi less of a "noble savage" image and presented them with a little more emotional depth. I saw it a second time to see whether or not it was okay for my little sister (age almost 10), and 90% of the movie is - just not the very violent battle scene at the end, made even more intense by the 3D.

Parent of a 12 year old Written byTrojan December 18, 2009