All member reviews for Barbie: A Perfect Christmas

The Christmas spirit saves this Barbie-marketing musical.

Kid, 12 years old Written byFluttershy-23 November 19, 2011

Not as good as the others

This movie was a very good barbie movie, and i think 1 of the first 2 have all her sisters. But it wasn't as good as the other Barbie movies. i think all the other barbie movies were WAY better. I really like all the barbie movies though.

Kid, 9 years old January 9, 2012

Barbie: A Perfect Christmas

Parent Written byembeau November 15, 2011

Not as sweet and kind as other Barbie movies..disappointing

Just not as sweet or entertaining as other movies in the Barbie series. The younger sisters are rude to one another, calling each other names. I felt that the moral of the story was lost on my five year old, but the meanness
was not. Not impressed with this installment and we
have loved the Barbie series to date. Storyline was
weak, not much dialogue ( mostly filler scenes) overall a disappointing movie for me..However, my daughter still thought it was cute, but I prefer kinder, gentler characters as role models and would not recommend this if your parenting style is one of showing your children positive kind messages.

Kid, 10 years old Written byPANDAZ SUCK December 21, 2011

Barbie actually ruined my friendship.

I was forced to watch this as a ten year old girl, and the only thing that gave it a three star rating, was that it was about Christmas. The plot doesn't have any real charm to it, and Barbie is perfect. Nothing can be perfect. Shes a good role model but she promises to her family that she would get them to NY. When actually, it would be impossible. Now i know that sometimes its better to tell a lie than tell a hurtful truth, but there are so many movies nowdays that include a character over-reacting to a lie, instead of forgiving and forgetting. Seriously, she should have just told them that they wouldn't be able to make it to new york... My rating started at three stars and dropped to one in the first 10 minutes... The message is distorted slightly as there are no obvious things, it is put out in, "Skipper, you CAN'T give up now!" from Barbie. Barbie has caused problems with my friends would you believe it. My friend is trying to be perfect without even knowing it. Barbie movies have turned her into little miss perfect. Barbie movies makes her feel its right to tell other people what to do, In the barbie movies Barbie gives kind words of advice, by saying it in their face, or something like, "But, Skipper, you can't give up! you can do it!" My friend gives me lectures like this, even if i get homesick. for example, "[insert mah name here] You can't get homesick because would your mum be homesick? Nooo," When i got home mum said she had missed me insanely and was worried. Barbie movies have ruined my friendship and life with my friends. They can watch them, but when they start second grade. STOP LETTING THEM BUY THEM UNLESS THEY WANT TO HAVE PROBLEMS WITH FRIENDS TOO.

Educator and Parent Written bylisa_07 September 13, 2012

Warm your heart

My family loves this movie! After starting the movie with some high ideals and focusing on themselves, the characters go through some ups and downs and learn a new understanding of what a "perfect" Christmas is. The message is the perfect Christmas is about enjoying time with people you love and sharing. You will leave this movie with a warmed heart.

We did not notice nor did we participate in any commercialism associated with this or any other Barbie movie. We enjoy the movies for what they are.