Parent reviews for Batman Returns

Batman Returns Poster Image

It's Pfeiffer's show

This was one of the biggest films during my high school years. I watched it on cable, over and over and over. I hadn't watched it since the 90s and recently rewatched it. Some parts seem a smidge silly, the penguin army with helmets? The payoff never really comes with that. It's also Pfeiffer's show, and DeVito and everyone else takes up too much time compared to what Pfeiffer has to offer. DeVito doesn't hold back and Keaton is well, doing Keaton stuff and Walken is also Walkening it, but it is Pfeiffer and the production designers that elevate the material and we are all the better for it.

A letdown after the first.

More violence, a poor story, and more make this skippable. The design is beautiful, though.

like how the early Batman movies are more comic book like

My son is under 10 and loves scary and action packed movies. He liked that it had two villains and one hero. The penguin bites someone's mouth, which was weird, and catwoman gets shot a couple of times, which was kind of disturbing.

Dark, atmospheric sequel to '89 film.

Not a kid's movie

This movie is dark. Really dark. Batman is admittedly more heroic than his previous 1989 outing, but this movie focuses more on the two villains of this movie: Catwoman and the Penguin. The Penguin is a grotesque person who spews sexual quips, and Catwoman is a slinky, sensual fighter who holds her own against the caped crusader. Most of the violence is the standard fisticuffs, but there is also a healthy amount of bloody and disturbing content present. Sensuality and coarse language also mars this film. If I were to give a reason for the PG-13 rating, I would say for dark, brooding violence; including bloody, disturbing content and for language and sexual material.

Great

Good but violent penguin bites somebodys nose off and batman does have feelings for catwoman

Awesome

Entertaining, but dark, bloody and brutal. 15+

The violence features blood. Threat against babies and children. Batman even kills. Sexual references, including the Penguin's lust for 'poontang'.