All parent member reviews for Beowulf

Parent of a 11 year old Written bywolfman117 November 22, 2008

Perfect!

The best Robert Zemekis movie yet! Even though it's filled with moderate violence and sexual material, it seems alot better than the epic poem! If you want a perfect action movie, then Beowulf is the movie for you! My kids loved this movie, and they said if they were registered for this site, they would gie it 5/5 too!

Parent of a 5, 9, 11, and 14 year old Written byJamesRobertson January 4, 2009

Adult Written byanimalgal808 June 15, 2011

To see or not to see?

The movie Beowulf is not a well developed movie because stories like this have been told so many times before. The film starts out in a castle, Beowulf then comes to slay Grendel.When Beowulf slays Grendel it is supposed to be serious but end stead Beowulf jumping around naked. And each jump he did there was something covering his private area. Everyone in my class was laughing. In the poem however Beowulf is in a serious battle with clothes on. I don’t understand why the movie would change that.
Beowulf’s character was shown as a tall muscular man with blond hair. He looked similar to how the poem described him. Then king Rothgar was always drunk. Each seen he was drunk. But in the poem he was not drunk. Also Grendel’s mom looked like a tall naked woman with gold goo dripping off her body. As for the poem they describe her as a monster. Grendel looked like a human that was very huge and dirty. He really didn’t look like a monster. He almost looked funny. But in the poem they describe Grendel as this monster…I mean he was a monster but not what I expected.
This movie reminded me of the “Polar Express” because the graphics and animations were very similar. Although the story of the “Polar Express” is nothing like Beowulf the animations are very much the same. They both have that almost clay look to them. This movie also reminded me of “Power rangers” because they both have played out battle scenes. As well as having the same basic concept of here defeating villain.
The animation in this film is ok. The actors almost don’t look like humans…they have this sort of clay look and there bodies look flawless. There isn’t one pimple or scratch on them. Almost as if someone took a smudge tool and blurred all there imperfections. The music in this movie is very old fashioned. I just thought it would have been fun if they added some of the top ten songs! If they did it would have made the movie a lot more interesting.
The film is lacking what the book had. The book was serious and scary, while the movie was funny and not scary. This film however does relate to present day life, it shows how people think and how immature and perverted the world has become. Sometimes I think they made this film this way so that people of the modern world would be able to understand and relate to a old piece of literature. Had they of kept everything the same…people may not have understood it. Although they had reasons for doing what they did, I still think they failed at it. They could have made this movie so much better.
So all in all if you must see the film go ahead if you wish. But let me just warn you that if you don’t like played out boring movies you will not like Beowulf. Keep your money and buy the book end stead if you like but just don’t see the film. And if you do go to see it bring a depressing book so you won’t laugh and make a fool out of the film.

Parent of a 12 year old Written byGoodSSJ July 25, 2011

Edgy For A PG-13

This Movie Is Too Edgy For A PG-13 Rating Because There's One Scene Where Grendel's Mother Appears Completely Nude and That Scene Is Super Hot!This Should Have Got a R Rating

Parent of a 4 year old Written byweb_design16030 March 12, 2011

It maybe good movie but not for kids

I've seen this film couple of times already, and though it's animated, it's definitely not for kids. There were violent scenes, even the concept of the story is not appropriate for kids. It may be a good film but it is definitely not appropriate for kids.
Web Design
Singapore Web Design

Adult Written bySingapore Virtu... April 19, 2011

Not good the kids but they can watch it with parents.
www.ripplewerkz.com
www.ripplewerkz.com/singapore-web-design.php

Adult Written byweb_hosting April 18, 2011

The movie is not good for children..if watching parents should be on guidance.
Singapore Virtual Office

Singapore Virtual Office

Virtual Office Singapore

Virtual Office

Parent of a 7 and 13 year old Written byCollegeGirl_Kid... June 28, 2010

PG-13? A joke. And nothing like the Book.

The animation was breath taking--beautiful. I admired it, but having read the book in high school and my first year in college, I have to say "oh my goodness..." The story is like a well animated fan movie in which someone who read the book said "this is how it really should have gone." All I have to say about that is--at least they got the names correct. The movie is horribly violent (but the book was, too--based on an ancient European legend). Definately not for children, definately should NOT have been rated PG-13 for obvious reasons (Should have been rated R for violence if nothing else). However, in the book, "Grendel's Mother" was not beautiful nor did she look like a naked human. Gheese...men and their movies...

I do not recommend this movie to young teenagers, people who are squeamish, or anyone who truly loved the original story and message, which was more along the lines of "prides goes before a fall."

Adult Written bybpo.solutions187 April 12, 2011

Guide your kids watching film like this

Beowulf is an epic poem so do expect violence and nudity on the film. Even though it shown some explicit violence, the story went well and directly delivered the poem itself.

Professional SEO

Website Optimization

Adult Written bycrap April 9, 2008

Terrible

THE WORST MOVIE

Parent Written byPlague April 15, 2010

Beowulf

It was an entertaining and fun movie to watch, but far from being a perfect film. I enjoyed the 3D version suprisingly more than most I've seen, but the plot itself was weak and didn't exactly have a satisfying ending. This movie is not really one to admire, but to have fun watching with friends.

Adult Written byfirstbornwonder April 9, 2008

I WISH I HAD READ COMMONSENSE BEFORE I SAT MY FAMILY DOWN TO WATCH THIS

I wish I had read the Common Sense review before sitting my family down to watch this movie. Even at the ages 14 and 16 1/2, the movie made my kids uneasy.

Adult Written bygreen_goblin November 7, 2008

Fun, but sometimes boring

It was quite violent for its rating. The film was sometimes boring, but the animation was great.

Adult Written bytlynn April 9, 2008

Should be R !!!

Too violent and sexual for PG-13. Don't know how they got by with this rating. Other than that, the moral of the story (don't let yourself be seduced or you'll be sorry for the rest of your life) might be an important message for some who might be tempted by the devil. Other than this, the animation looks great and the dragon was fantastic !

Adult Written byupandaway April 9, 2008

The most realistic animation yet!

I didn't know the entire film was computer animated (some of you may be saying DUH). Anyway, at first I thought it would be another Shrek-esque movie, but I was pleasantly surprised. D&Der's will love this movie, but there is enough action and plot to keep even women interested. WARNING:Yes, Angelina Jolie is naked, but they can justify the PG-13 rating because she is JUST a computer animation right? Right? Animation has come a long way and I would get red in the cheeks watching this with my 10 year old son.

Adult Written bycmjohnson92 April 9, 2008

Adult Written byDad of 5 April 9, 2008

My wife and I were both sickened as we watched. We've never walked out on a movie...until this one.
Animation was simply the way of getting around being able to commit violence that would not be allowed in a non-animated movie.
Embarrassed to be in this movie with our friends, embarrassed to leave them there - but the violence and sexuality was extreme for us.

Adult Written bytopskanker April 9, 2008

Adult Written bycsvd April 9, 2008

A very edge of yore seat movie

this movie has alot of sexual themes but i still thought it was a great movie and I would would recomend it to the ages of 10 and up plase watch it. It is a grat movie with a touch of the lord of the rings and even star wars it will go down in history.