All parent member reviews for Black Beauty

Adult Written bychrissmommy April 9, 2008

A Wonderful Movie

I was actually pleasantly surprised when I saw this movie. I thought Beauty's voice over really made the movie personal. It was heartwarming and ,at times, funny. My four year old enjoyed it, fortunately he was too young to understand about Ginger's death and the animal abuse. I have already recommened this movie to other family members. You won't regret seeing this film!

Adult Written bynicoledc June 20, 2009

This really upset my sensitive 7 year old. She cried several times, even when the movie ended "happily" - Ginger dying and the mistreatment of the horses really affected her. She wanted to give the movie away after seeing it.

Adult Written byawesomness December 6, 2010

Awesomeness

You have to be old enough to under stand it and when you do you realize what a beautiful trhing it is.

Parent of a 7 year old Written bymoovie January 19, 2012

Think Twice

Decent movie. Although it really upset our seven (almost eight) year old boy quite a lot. If you have a sensitive child, I would think twice about showing this to them. The animal/emotional connection might be a little too intense.

Parent Written bygabedababe May 17, 2012

for kids who like horses

Adult Written byTheChallenger August 20, 2013

Just because a movie is 'G' does not mean its for kids

Is the book for kids? No. Is this 'G' rated film adaptation for kids? No but I've been watching this since I was four years old and have never been upset by it but what goes for me might not go for a lot of other people. This is a story about animal cruelty, both book and film show it in all of it's viciousness. Best of all it's told from the horse's point of view so we know how they feel about their treatment, these aren't unfeeling things but living creatures that should be treated kindly. Black Beauty goes through good and bad treatment and knows that good and bad people are everywhere. This is something that should be shown to kids when they are entering there teens not when they are young small things with little understanding of the world. That goes for the book as well since neither are for children. This is a masterpiece that everyone will love.