All member reviews for Borat

Brace yourself -- Borat is here. Not for kids.

Adult Written bygill109 April 9, 2008

Side splitting

The funniest movie ive ever seen. People who dont find this film hilarious have a lack of sense of humour. Sacha Cohen Boran is an absolute genius....Best film made this year hands down....BRILLIANT.

Teen, 14 years old Written byaliensarepretty April 9, 2008

have you not a sense of humor good parents?

most people review about how awful borat is, and i can't lie, it is TERRIBLE in its content. but its these plainly spoken references to sex and hilariously offensive racial slurs (no im not racist, i believe the best jokes cause you a little pain though) that truly make this movie. first of all, sacha baron cohen does superb character acting, staying true to the character of borat the whole time. second of, its not just advertising that makes us wants to see it, its the scads and heaps and loads and bunches of cultural references we're missing out on. no one wants to hear their best friend quote in an awful kazekh accent "gypsy, give me your tears" without being able to laugh knowlingly with them. but please, refrain from quoteing it. only one person can do the voice, and thats sacha baron cohen. stop trying to be edgy by using his jokes. ok thanks.

Teen, 16 years old Written bycoolkid34 April 9, 2008

If you can handle it..

I thought this movie was hilarious but a note to parents:

+ Includes two FULL shots of a penis not censored (Full head, shaft, pubes everything)

+ Two FULLY NUDE men wrestling on a bed and chasing each other in various sex positions including his anus over the others mouse, scrotoms etc.

+Racism several uses of f--k and sexism.

+Gay pride parade, rubber fist up someones anal hole

Thanks.

Teen, 14 years old Written bymovieguy97 June 11, 2012

Funny

Funny

Teen, 16 years old Written byzip799 April 9, 2008

Hilariously Funny, but immensely vulgar.

Borat is funny movie, but not everyone appreciates this kind of humor. It is definitely not for anyone under 15, and depending on the person maybe 16 or 17. But very funny and lighthearted.

Teen, 13 years old Written byKISSRox101 December 1, 2012

It's Borat. It'sa nice!

Borat is a hilarious comedy starring the great Sacha Baron Cohen. Though great, the movie is very raunchy. There is full frontal male nudity and most of the jokes are dirty, but that is what makes this movie funny. I watched it and forced my parents to watch it too the second time. We all laughed nonstop and it was all in good fun. This movie is okay for anyone over 13 as long as they understand and are mature about the humor.

Adult Written byjokr April 9, 2008

great show

This is a good show. There are parts throughout the show that may offend certain people and desterb others but it was meant in good intentions not to harm people but be politicly correct/incorect.

Adult Written byGaryK51188 April 9, 2008

Sucker Punched.

Seeing critic ratings, we thought this would be funny. We wanted to leave, and have read many comments saying the same. The film tried to test how much filth the audience would take before it stopped laughing. It finally sucked the funny out of the room. The audience was the dupe -- people were embarrassed during and leaving the film. I am angry, the hype and the "professional" critics so misled us. What gross spew this was, and we paid to see it!

Parent of a 6 and 9 year old Written bymsgphd April 9, 2008

Hilarious satire for adults

This is not a movie for kids!

Teen, 13 years old Written bynnowgoo April 9, 2008

SO funny

This is by far one of the most hilarious movies ever made. I absolutely loved it! It contains, however, nudity, language, sex talk, and should not be viewed by anyone who can't take an offensive joke. I loved it however

Teen, 17 years old Written bypitpens9091 April 9, 2008

Teen, 17 years old Written byDolphinTaleFan October 25, 2012

Better than bruno

Good movie for 13 and up. It is a bit rude but not as rude as bruno

Kid, 12 years old Written bykylepathfinder February 9, 2010

This movie is very funny but sends out very bad messages. The main character believes in stupid things that everyone knows is not true. He comes to America hating Jews and thinking he can have sex with any woman he pleases. There is graphic male nudity including full frontal shown twice in photos and a naked wrestling match. Although in the naked wrestling match their frontal nudity is blocked out, you still can see nudity. This is a funny movie in some ways but stupid in others.

Teen, 13 years old Written byNickD531 January 1, 2009

So Funny

This film is so funny, best comedy I've ever seen. Suitable for teenagers 13+, but not for children.

Adult Written byjj@aol.com April 9, 2008

Teen, 13 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

I was hoping Borat would be a great as everybody said it was, but, it was just the same jokes over and over and over and over again... I didnt even stay through the whole movie, I lost intrest in maybe 30mins. I like him better as Ali G. Rent this movie when it comes out. Go rent the Ali G show if you wanna see him actually being funny.

Parent of a 14 and 15 year old Written byLiz Perle April 9, 2008

You have to "get" irony to appreciate this

THere is plenty to offend here if you come looking to be offended. But much more enjoyable is how "Borat" exposes how mulish and uninformed people can be and in revealing the source of stupid prejudices, he undercuts the opinions. Really brilliant in some places. It's nice to see gutsy comedy.A sophisticated 16 year old would love it.

Teen, 15 years old Written byjake3456 April 9, 2008

Hilarious.

While definitely not appropriate, this movie is still one of the funnies movies I have ever seen. There is nudity, but in a non erotic, comedic way. There's language, but that shouldn't bother everyone. Your review lists the bear roaring as violence. What are you thinking? It's a bear. It roars. Dogs bark. Maybe we should ban Lassie for barking too much. CommONSense is way to conservative in their ratings.

Adult Written byMissMovieLuver88 April 9, 2008

Very funny, but lost it's consistancey towards the end

couldn't stop laughing all the way through. Definatly one of my favourite comedies that I've seen in a long time.

Certainly this is a social,political and comeic genunis no doubt about it. And considering half the people who he interviewed believed that he was making a genuine documentary, it makes one of the best comedies I've seen this year.

Once you watch it, you begin to realise just how stupid Americans really are and how the film is taking the mick out of America and, at times, American People.

The Jewish joke was one thing that i didn't get and the scene with the femisnists wasnt funny at all. Perhaps towards the end it lost it's comic effect.

The film is incredibly offensive at times and rude. I found myself hiding behind a pillow in disguist, but laughing at the same time. So, if you're easily offended, stay away from this!

Overall a hilarious comedy which I recomend everyone should see.

Adult Written byCPMeister April 9, 2008

Definetly not for your 13 year old

After much discussion with our 13 and 15 year olds, we decided to take them to see Borat. After all, they watched this comedian on TV, so how bad could it be…It could be plenty bad. There were topics and scenes that I did not want my 13 year old to see. Personally, I did not find any humor in the way many of the American's were portrayed. In fact, I found, in this time of global hostility, it quite embarrassing. Save your $10.50 (in LA); it’s not worth the time or effort.