Kid reviews for Bowling for Columbine

Bowling for Columbine Poster Image

Vital gun violence docu has some disturbing moments

For the record, while I do think CSM's 17+ rating for it is a bit harsh, the violent parts in "Bowling for Columbine" (graphic images of shooting deaths/injuries are shown in a couple scenes, albeit to make a point about how past violence affects present violence such as what happened at Columbine, which in turn potentially affects future violence) still make the film way too intense for kids. That being said, though, as long as older teens (say, about 15-16+) can handle these things, "Bowling for Columbine" is a great way to help them gain some new insight into this country's horrific epidemic of violence, even with Moore's borderline harassing/mocking way of interviewing his subjects. My MPAA rating: R for some moments of violent and disturbing images.

Well made and thought provoking documentary on gun violence.

Although I am not American (Australian) and in my country the ownership of automatic firearms is illegal ever since the Port Arthur massacre in 1996, gun violence still remains a serious issue in the United States, and as I said even though I am not American I can see some of the issues that go on in the US. Michael Moore's documentary Bowling for Columbine explores this topic mainly using the 1999 Columbine shooting as its primary example. Parents should know that there is real archive footage of shootings, assassinations and suicides throughout and although not particularly graphic knowing that it is all real makes it very disturbing but effectively pushes Moore's point about gun violence. This is a very gritty and emotional documentary that is especially relevant today it is definitely worth considering showing teenagers 15+.

Great movie

This is a movie by Micheal Moore about gun control in which he interviews many people about their views on the topic. He even interviews a survivor of Columbine. The reasons you probably shouldn’t have little kids in the room while watching are listed below Swearing- Not much in this movie. I counted four f words and one person wore a hat that said “FUCK EVERYBODY”. They also said fag twice. Violence- It shows many instances of deaths caused by guns including a suicide by a shotgun and handgun. These scenes are brief and not all that graphic as they cut away fast Sex- Not much of this either m. An album cover with nudity is seen along with women in bikinis Overall I’d say that anyone 13 or older should be okay with watching this film or if younger might need parental supervision.

Poorly-edited documentary is thoughtful

Michael Moore makes a consistent and smart documentary that sheds new light on gun violence, although it can't help but feel a little manipulative and poorly edited.

Unfortunately relevant

Living in an America where things like Sandy Hook and the Aurora Massacre have happened, "Bowling" was, and probably always will, sadly, stay relevant. Ambushing stars like Heston and Clark was sort of tasteless, but the thoughts that surround you after the movie ends makes up for it. My favorite segment involved Moore with the Canadians, who had no problem sleeping with their doors unlocked, having no fear of their neighbors.

Good points!

I'm twelve, and I just watched this movie because I heard what Marilyn Manson said in it (I love Marilyn Manson) and it's really good. I guess I'm kind of into politics, hence why I like Marilyn Manson, so I enjoyed this movie. It brought up really good points. I recommend parents watch this with their kids just to make sure they get what's going on. Don't let Marilyn Manson being in it stop you from letting your kids watch it, he's really intelligent and definitely a better influence than anybody on the radio today *cough* Nicki Minaj *cough*

A good documentary

Bowling for Columbine was an entertaining and informative documentary. My only major issue was that alot of the information was pretty biased. There are some senes that were somewhat hard to watch and there were swear words aswell. Overall though, an intereting and captivating documentary.

Hilarious, Powerful, Heartbreaking and Heart wrenching. This moving documentary is insightful viewing for teens and up

Bowling for Columbine is some sort of masterpiece of a doccumentary, and probably Michael Moore best (and most famous) documentary, in my opinioon. Despite the R Rating, I do believe that this is a very good viewing for most teens young and old, since it depicts the lifestyles of gun lovers and the effects that can happen on people's lives in some of the most tragic of ways. Yes, all of the violence is real, and is often explicit and bloody, and there is some infrequent strong language including 4 F-words and several sexual references, but the main thing here is the violence, which works in the movie's favor since it is what it is about, so that makes sense. A great movie, and very interesting and entertaining for most teens.

If you have a kid into politics, they need to watch this.

If your kid is into politics, no matter what age, I think they should see this. There are a lot of f words and gory violence, but if you know your kid can handle it, let them watch this movie. Very entertaining and could easily convert a Republican to a Democrat, so be careful.