Kid reviews for Cast Away

Cast Away Poster Image

Very scary.

I watched the movie when I was nine, and refused to board any flights for three years. I still am paranoid about flying. Very scary and even gory at times. If you want your child having nightmares for months then go ahead.

1 person found this helpful.

Tom Hank's Survival Film brings great cinematography

Memphis-based FedEx operations executive Chuck Noland and grad student Kelly Frears have long dated and lived together, and despite each being the love of the other's life, have not gotten married because of their respective busy schedules, especially Chuck's as he is more often on business trips than he is at home. That marital status changes when on Christmas Day 1995 as Chuck is rushing off to catch yet another FedEx plane for a business trip, he gives Kelly a ring. That flight experiences technical difficulties, and goes down somewhere in the south Pacific. In a life raft, a relatively unharmed Chuck washes up on shore what he will learn is a deserted island, he unaware what has happened to any of his fellow flight mates, or the plane. However several of the packages on board for delivery do wash up on shore with him, those packages which he initially treats with respect. Chuck realizes that his priority is survival - which primarily means food, water, shelter and fire - and rescue. But survival is also in an emotional sense. To fulfill that emotional need, he has an heirloom pocket watch with Kelly's photo that she gave him as a Christmas present, and eventually opening the FedEx packages, a Wilson volleyball on which he paints a face and which he names Wilson. As time progresses, Chuck goes through a range of emotions, but if rescue is ever in the cards, he realizes that he has to find a way to get off the island, which is seemingly impossible in his circumstance due to the strong on shore surf he cannot get beyond without assistance. What Chuck may not fully realize is the longer he is not rescued, the harder it will be for him to return to his old life in its entirety if he ever is rescued. Although the thought of Kelly is what largely keeps him motivated to be rescued, Kelly, who probably believes him to be dead, may have moved on emotionally from him in the intervening time.

The second best Tom Hank's movie

"Cast away" is a very good movie. I love it. The performances in the movie are very good. It has such a good plot and effects, that they seem real. I really loved the movie, because Tom Hanks' character shows how to overcome adversity and fight for what we want to find. I also liked Wilson, even if it's a ball. Fully recommended movie.

The scene where Woody from Toy Story swears is so funny!

Disappointing Movie

This movie has a good bit of violence, blood and gore. When I watched this movie I found it quite disturbing seeing the ''cast away guy'' bury a dead man's body. Also this movie has some scary parts in it.

Great movie!!

This is one of the best movies E.V.E.R! This is oddly smiliar to a movie by matt damon called the martian where he is stranded on mars, if your child has watched the martian (which has way more language and violence) then this movie should be fine.

Very Mature, Emotional and violent

The film is about chuck Noland a fedex guy who gets stuck on an island for five years. The film has some violent scenes like chuck uses a ice skate and a rock to get out an infected tooth, Chucks leg gets stabbed while trying to escape the island, chuck finds a dead body and bury’s it, while going down in the plane crash a pilot hits his head and there is blood shown and you chuck struggle mentally and physically. A few brief kisses can be scene. Only two instances of swearing “ I don’t want to spend the rest of my life on this S-thole island talking to a goddamn volleyball!” And “we’re gonna need a hell of a lot of rope.” But this story promotes effort and perseverance.

Not anything special

Meh. It’s ok. I mean, it wasn’t awful, but it wasn’t that great either. I had to close my eyes at a lot of moments in the movie, and I love the movies The Hunger Games, World War Z, Cloverfield, and War of the Worlds. CSM was right about it being “emotionally intense” It was kind of disappointing. But I guess it’s an option if you’re bored.