Kid reviews for Changeling

Changeling Poster Image

I watched this at age 11. (Yeah, I know, but my parents trusted me at the time) it's a scary movie about a boy who's kidnapped by a horrible man with a.. boy fetish I guess...? Since he only kidnapped boys, The scariest part is when you hear the boy crying and screaming for his life.. True events ya know..I'll deal with them clouds some other time.

Changeling review

It is a good film with much much to tell and should be seen over the whole world.

s

Brutal, shocking account of one woman's loss is definitely not for kids

Clint Eastwood's Changeling came into theaters in late 2008, and this was pretty much around the same time that he also released his other film, Gran Torino. Now, as great a movie as Gran Torino is, I have always felt that since it was such a big critical and box office success, and it right now one of the most famous films of his career, that the other film, the much darker, more stoically paced film, Changeling, was very much overlooked, and unrightfully so, I may add. Changeling tells the story of a average single mother, Christine Collins (Angelina Jolie), living in a suburban abode in 1928. She has a very loving but slightly strained relationship with her young nine-year-old son, and one day, when she leaves to go for work, she is shocked and horrified to discover that when she gets back, her son is nowhere to be found. She spends the rest of the movie fighting to find him, and with another major plot point taking hold of the movie, as well, which is: When she finally exploits the Las Angeles police department in a extremely negative way, and attempts to expose them for the corrupt district that they are, she is thrown into a mental hospital, where she later fights for the innocence and sanity of herself. Now, what makes Changeling so very good is because of several major things: Every performance is spot on in the film, with the major one being, of course, Angelina Jolie, who is endlessly engaging and is a stark contrast to what she usually does is movies, and for that, she gives a powerful and realistic performance that should definitely not be overlooked or overshadowed. Another greats thing about this movie is it's excellent period film look, which really does successfully pull off the look of the 1920's, and that we never really stop believing in what timeline this story takes place. But, despite the films content, this movie is very rightfully Rated R, and here is the following parental content: There is infrequent but very disturbing violent content, involving several heart wrenching scenes of the mother being tormented by the loss of her son, and than psychologically tortured in the mental hospital; but even worse still, is when the reveal of the murderer is brought into full light, where we see just exactly what he did to a large group of children, and these scenes will definitely shock many viewers. Also, there is a very brief scene of rear nudity during a scene in the mental hospital where Christine is shown being violently hosed down and examined by several doctors. And, finally, there is very infrequent, but strong profanity, including several uses each of f--k, sh-t, cr-p, g-dd-mn, d-mn, h-ll, a--, a--h-le and b-tch. So, as underrated and overlooked as Changeling is, I still think that it is worth watching for anyone who wants to see a great story of corruption, and masterfully directed by Clint Eastwood.

changling is a good but slow movie

This movie is a good but slow movie anglins acting is strongest ever but other than that is good no problems at all

MA please (nightmears)

i did not see the full thing only snipits i was kicked out of the room atually but I still had nightmears for weeks afterwards. The movie was not right a lot of violence not good for kids at all. the thought will scare some kids. the one boy who helped the man was a good role model because he came to the police and told every thing thought he knew what would happen. Overall good movie for MATURE ADIANCE. make sure you now your self and if you could take bad thoughts. it is based on a true story too.

Great drama from the mind of Clint Eastwood (based on true story)

This movie really pulls on your heart strings from beginning to end. Based on a true, tragic story this movie is a great drama but very graphic so best seen ages 16 and up.

Check out my page for more great recommendations.

I'm not here to give a review because if it shows up on my page its a 5 star movie and so therefore you know what i think about it.

Great movie but not for younger kids

When we think Angelina Jolie we automatically think-Tomb Raiders, Mr, and Mrs. Smith, Wanted, all movies were she plays a kick butt character. This movie was different. Jolie's character wasn't an emotionless stone cold killer. Who was invinsible. She played a loving mother who would do anything to find her son. And do anything for justice. While this movie is a don't miss for adult you are going to have to be careful with the kids. One of the side characters to this movie is a serial killer. It never shows the entire view of the murders, but it leaves little to the imagination, and could be quite frightening to younger kids.

I saw it when I was 13, it was a little disturbing

It was disturbing and dark, especially the ax-murders. Too disturbing for anyone under 13.