Kid reviews for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005)

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005) Poster Image

Bright, spirited, and edgy version of Willy Wonka.
2 people found this helpful.

Jonny Depp is brillant as Willy Wonker

Violence: 2% great role models: 89% drinking, drugs and smoking: 0% sex: 1% bad language: 10% really good film with some peril.

Tim burtons masterpiece

I really enjoyed Tim Burtons Charlie and the chocolate factory but it does have some rude scenes in it and it has peril (dangerous behaviour) in it as well but is still a family film.

Good movie

It is one of my favorite movies but has some disturbing scenes for example when Willy Wonka has memories for his past or when Violet chews gum and inflates and turns green. Though the movie has a great message.

1 person found this helpful.
Flashbacks are way to scary!

Would recommend to all

You really have to watch this as a family movie. It has interesting songs, amazing effects, and Willy Wonka has to be the most sarcastic character I have ever heard. It teaches kids that family is what's important. It's a little scary and inappropriate for little kids, use discretion. But even if it's graphic, it has lots of laughs, I was practically in stiches after watching it. I liked it better than the older version: though Willy's suit in the first movie is nicer than this one. All I'm saying is, WATCH IT!

Nice but swearing is common in the film

This should be 13+ because of the common use of hell, and heck and darn. But in rest.. it’s amazing! Great role models and a huge educational value! It teaches mostly younger kids how to NOT be! Verruca:Egoistic Violet:Egoistic as well. Mike: Mean and rude know-it-all kid. Charlie:Modest (nice role) Augustus gloop:Wants everything

PG?! nah...

THIS IS VIOLENT! VERUCA SALT JUST FELL IN A CHUTE THAT GOES TO THE FURNACE! I THINK THIS SHOULD BE A PG-13 MOVIE!

Disappointment

Not nearly as good as the first, I don't think Johnny Depp fits as Willy Wonka.

Okay movie But it could have been rated PG-13 for disturbing scenes

Great characters but except when August is sucked in the chocolate pipe like a vacuum cleaner, he got stuck with all the pressure built up and he was free. Violet turns blue (which looks like measles but much creepier) all over her body and her stomach grew 20 times massive when she turns into a blueberry (you can see her belly button which she is partially naked). Veruca is such a naught girl and wants a squirrel as a pet but with a stupid thought in her head she ended in the bin sliding down. Mike Teevee is an obsessive children he wants to be in the TV but when he disappear he the same size as a rat. Some advice on what is the appropriate age to watch Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005): WARNING – the amount scary scenes and life threating children (described above) in the movie will lead to significant distress and depressions in children under the age of eight. Viewing in this age group is inappropriate and shouldn't watch this in this age group and must be avoided.