All teen and kid member reviews for Charlotte's Web (1973)

Kid, 11 years old Written bySamuel M. October 17, 2011

charlotte's web, prepare for the flyswatter

One of my most feared animated movies ever seen. The first time I saw this movie was with my class, and every bit of it was a hot mess, from the predictable and foiled acting to the annoying musical numbers, I may have been the happiest at the end...when it all ended. Although that movie was darn funny in ways that people usually wouldn't expect (such as 4 men bowing down to Wilbur, but they look like they got shot), in its elemental premise, it's not much of a treat as you would think of it as. The most annoying 2 songs? Charlotte's "Chin Up" and what I call the Wilbur worship song, BY FAR. A "great" pick for post-toddlers, but one of your worst mistakes letting even just the DVD cover slip into preteen sight.

Kid, 12 years old Written bySwit Swat May 15, 2011

A heartwarming story of friendship is packedinto this movie!

This is a pretty good movie which I am sure most kids will enjoy. Anyone under 6 years old might get really sad or have nightmares because of charlotte dying. But besides that, there was not anything wrong with the movie.

Kid, 10 years old Written byhottyunoit63@we... September 8, 2010

4 people who wanna die...CAUTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it waz ssooooo boring but i liked it a lil biT CAUZ IT WAZ A LITTE BIT FUNI!!!!!!!!!;)

Kid, 10 years old Written bydgdsccbasdcfhwfefgg August 11, 2011

Good

A happy tale of great friendship.

Kid, 7 years old February 22, 2010

Iffy for 6 to 8

I saw the movie and read the short version when I was five and it scared me so much. I may be to harsh but whenever I read the book now at age 7, I worry about dying.

Teen, 13 years old Written bymannymateo10isback January 29, 2011

best movie for all ages!!

wilbur was about to get killed by a father holding an axe, and fern decides to take care of wilbur while hes a baby pig (friendship, courage is shown) this is one of the best movies for all ages =)

Teen, 17 years old Written byadvocatewhat'sright December 26, 2012

So underrated!

I just HAD to post this review. What is wrong with you guys? This is the best movie that Disney didn't do. It is NOT scary. It's just what the site says: A heartwarming tale of love and friendship. Stop complaining! Why don't you complain about a REAL bad movie. Like The Hangover? Or anything like ParaNorman or Coraline? Now THOSE movies were scary, and that's from the trailer alone! But really, even if the animation IS bad here, at least the character designs are good. Like, really? Coraline had good animation? It was 100% creepy looking! And I actually tried to watch it once, when it was on TV. Now, really? THAT's a classic and not this? This is a MASTERPIECE. 'Nuff said. But let's look a bit further shall we?

Language: ZERO bad words! Yes, they don't even say stupid, or even dumb! Role Models: Even Templeton has a heart deep down. He just needs more appreciation. Fern openly expresses what's wrong with what was about to be done to Wilbur. Charlotte selflessly devotes herself to saving him as well. And at the farm, she was his first true friend! Everyone else didn't want to or was too busy. Wilbur even explains to Jeffery that it's all about what's inside that counts.
Message: The message is that miracles do come true and we should never doubt that. Charlotte's memory will live on forever in the hearts of everyone.
And yes, this IS an educational movie, for many reasons. #1 it's based on the book, and it's every bit as good as the book is. They didn't even change anything in the plot like most movies do. #2 One of the songs tells us what I said before about where it really counts. We're all the same deep down. #3 In another song, Wilbur uses advanced vocabulary and they even talk about how to spell terrific during a meeting in another scene. Charlotte also tells us what it means that she's languishing (slowing up, feeling her age). #4 The message that miracles do happen. #5 Fern stands up to her dad and tells him that it's absurd to kill Wilbur just because he's smaller than the other baby pigs.
OVERALL: Watch this movie and STOP complaining. As Yoda would say: Good graphics alone do not a good movie make. (You need a good story, characters, and even some songs if possible). This movie has it all! To the people writing all the bad reviews, SHAME ON YOU, you must not have lives. Or hearts. Or even brains. Like I said, if you hate the good stuff like this, Bambi, or The Fox and the Hound, then go watch ParaNorman or Coraline. Or any of that junk. Watch this if you're like me and know that good animation is NOT all that's necessary to make it good. Or else Cars 2 would have been a hundred times better (it's anything but!) This deserved to be nominated for Best Picture just like Beauty and the Beast. And if it were up to me it would have WON. 5000/5

Teen, 16 years old Written byNot rated September 23, 2012

Charlotte's web

Violence: They try to kill Wilbur the pig and Charlotte the spider dies at the end. But it can be rated G and its a good movie.

Teen, 16 years old Written byKlutzy November 3, 2013

One of my favorites

For you people who say it was too scary good luck watching Paranorman, Monsters Inc, Toy Story, Meet the Robinsons. This movie is sweet and yeah a little sad but that's the way most movies are. The video graphics aren't that great but think about it, the copyright says 1972. That was pretty good animation in the 70's. I used to watch this when I was three years old. I'd sit in my parents bed with my two year old brother and we'd watch this over and over again. It was one of our favorites. It never bothered us that Wilbur had a possibility of being slaughtered or that Charlotte died at the end. It was sad but ultimately a great movie. Fern was a great role model by saving Wilbur and sticking with him. It doesn't matter your shape color or size, we are all important. Charlotte was a great role model because she not only taught Wilbur some very valuable life lessons but she tried her best to make him happy and to save his life. She is a great example of a true friend
"It's not often that someone comes along who is a true friend, and a good writer. Charlotte was both."