Parent reviews for Christopher Robin

Christopher Robin Poster Image

Pooh’s Grand Adventure: The Search For

Great for kids even if you don't love it

I'm not a fan of winnie the pooh really, so my 3 star rating is not really a good measuring stick for how much your kids will prob love it! The content of the movie is very child friendly. And that's coming from a mum who generally can't stand any Disney movies at all. I fault find with just about any "kids" movie produced by Disney. But I have to say this is definitely appropriate for all ages. No swearing, even mildly, no disrespectful behaviour from child characters towards parents, no sexual innuendo whatsover, not even the usual stuff that they tend to throw in there that "only the parents understand". Just good clean fun. If you have a highly sensitive child (and I mean HIGHLY sensitive, they may be frightened by the scene where Christopher has a bad dream with a woozle in it, or maybe when there is a very brief war scene. But... By 2 yr old didn't even flinch at it. I just mention it in case someone has a child that can't handle anything beyond happy scenes. Christopher displays the expected stressed/mean behaviour here and there, but he is constantly showing he is a softie as well. There is a bit of family strife due to him putting his work before his family, but it's nothing over the top. There are no big arguments and no rude behaviour, just mainly feelings via facial expression. The daughter has a moment where she does swipe a few toys off of her table in her room after becoming upset, but it's brief, to be expected after all her disappointment, and handled well. My 2 and 5 yr old both absolutely loved it. My 8yr old enjoyed it and had a good giggle. They all thought the characters were charming and cute. My 11yr old daughter didn't like it because she is a stickler for classics and sticking to the original, and she didn't like how the cuddlys looked haha but she said it was "okay" just not what she had expected. I think ages 2-9 would be most suited for this film but the whole family can enjoy it If you like Winnie the Pooh. All in all this is a very innocent, sweet movie with the main message that family is more important than anything else, and that play and imagination are important, not just work and study.

Cute movie, and a GOOD plotline and message

Ewan and Hayley did so well in making this movie come alive. There were some brief war scenes, but besides that it was very kid-appropriate; the WHOLE family should watch this!

Slow to start but charming

I watched this with my five-year-old. She thought it was boring at first but at the end said that it's her favorite movie. The animals were charming. The only violence that I noticed was a couple of bombs exploding at the beginning in a war scene. My daughter wasn't fazed in the least.

Very endearing

Great social commentary on our lives and what’s important: those we love, and being in the moment. Young children might not get all the subtle nuances but a great movie to watch with your child and discuss what is happening along the way.

Great family movie nights!

The movie was lovely. The beginning engaged both my six and four year old. Once Christopher Robin begins to grow up my four year old was done and only wanted Pooh and friends, but my six year old and the adults were spellbound. The six year old did have questions during a few spots like the war scene, the boarding school, and London, but he was engaged in the story of the boy who forgot how to have fun and lost his joy. And we all chuckled at Pooh and Eeyore’s one liners. Brad Garrett as Eeyore was perfection and Ewan McGregor was lovely as adult Christopher. Overall this was a fantastic family movie without violence or swearing. In the end the message is about prioritizing family and friends over money and business. And the computerized Pooh and friends were so well done. It was truly lovely.

Great family movie with a few brief tense scenes

Truly endearing, a lovely story that was very well put together. Four scenes were a little intense for our 5yo, but they were very brief and quickly moved on, or the story took a lighter turn, and ultimately he sat through the whole thing and really enjoyed it.

Christopher Robin is amazing

i think Christopher Robin is one of the years best films but its not for little kids because in the begining it is implied Christopher Robins dad dies and Christopher Robin joins the army and theres gun fire and its implied some people die Christopher Robin has a scary dream were its implied hes losing pooh at first the hundred acre woods has a very creepy and dark atmosphere to it and is full of fog and it just deals with a more grown up story like Christopher Robin having to deal with being a grown up and having to remember pooh and embracing his inner child with that being said its for 12+ and its mostly family freindly and just deals with a more grown up story with that being said Christopher Robin is one of the best films of the year i loved the animation it had lots of funny parts had some sad parts and some very heartwarming parts and i dont recommend it for anyone under the age 12