All teen and kid member reviews for Clue

Teen, 13 years old Written byToastnJam April 10, 2011

They just don't make movies like this anymore...

I first saw Clue when it was on TV last Halloween and I, being a Rocky Horror girl, was in love with it by the time the opening credits had rolled by. I have since seen it 17 times (9 one month!). It's been my mission to expose as many others as possible to this forgotten gem of a movie--and I don't use gem lightly. Seriously folks, there is no way they could make it any better. The comedic timing is pitch perfect, as is the cast and setting. With only some minor language, a few remarks about sex (some more frank than others), and a brief kissy scene between Mrs. White and Mr. Boddy's corpse, Clue should be fine for most kids, although it will be better appreciated by those old enough to get the jokes. No words come to mind that can truly capture the spectacular epicness this movie possesses. My advice to you, dear reader, is as follows: go watch it. Now. You haven't lived until you've seen Tim Curry and Madeline Kahn on screen together. Pure, raw genius.

Kid, 12 years old Written byCameroonsky July 31, 2009

Its a good Movie out of a bored game. they did a wonderful job!

Kid, 12 years old Written bycsccosecant April 9, 2008

good movie

This movie really has nothing harmful about it. THere is a little sexual content, and they drink alcohol throughout the movie. It is, though, a very good movie. It is especially good if you've played the game

Kid, 10 years old Written bye Clue Rocks January 9, 2010

Awsomly funny I love it!!!

I love the movie it dose have some adult content but barley it was an awsome movie for ages 8 and up it had an exiting plot to keep you interested even the 100th time you watch it is a perfect movie for everyone you'll love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kid, 9 years old September 5, 2011

comedy slapstick

funny and scary

Teen, 13 years old Written byperfectionist January 12, 2010

AWESOME!!!

This movie is great! It's one of the best movies I've ever seen, why did it get 2 stars?

Kid, 12 years old Written byBauer Power July 23, 2010

Action, Drama, and Comedy All in One

The movie is great, but not for kids under 10.

Kid, 10 years old Written bymovies make me :) April 25, 2009

Kid, 10 years old Written bykayla buzgo March 12, 2010

maybe not under 9 or so

why i rated it this is because before you are 10 you might not get the humor. in case none of you have noticed the H word and the D word are used each once in movie. the violence is 3 or 4 gunshots. there is wine,brandy(whatever that is),cigarettes and a smoking pipe in this awesome movie.

Teen, 15 years old Written byDivine_Munchie_99 November 28, 2009

Bad, but still funny

Okay, first off, there's some stuff that might give it a PG-13 nowadays(made in 1985), but if your kids can tolerate it, let them watch it. Probably the funniest part of the movie is this: the doorbell rings, a singing telegram girl appears doing a short song-and-dance routine, and then gets shot. You'll die laughing!

Teen, 13 years old Written byCandiceTalks June 14, 2010

Great movie!!!

I'm thirteen years old and I saw this movie about a year ago. Not only does it have an amazing plot line, but the movie itself is extraordinary. Not bad at all for an old movie. I would say that kids under the age of 10 shouldn't watch it because you do see a dead body or two, and there is murder..drinking also. The role models aren't too good, they're greedy and such. But over all I thoroughly enjoyed this movie and I would definitley watch it again!!!

Teen, 13 years old Written byPunkchic November 14, 2009

Awesome and funny!

I watched this movie in y english class becuase we had to do a ystery story and I absolutely loved it!! Well 4 Sex: one guy says he's homosexual, and there are some sexual referneces(He had what he wasn't supposed to have with patients...), kissing, and the maid has a little dress which could be iffy 4 parents. Violence: some dead bodies, slapstick and a little bid of blood drops(just like cuts). Drinks and smoking: one woman smokes a cigarette, the butler offers alchohol drinks. Overall I love this movie it was funny and it'll keep you going especially at the end lol! =)

Teen, 16 years old Written bymarkb4 April 9, 2008

Very good adaptation!

It really was a good adaptation of the board game with a lot of humor and incidents. The sexual content include a man who says he's homosexual; a woman who works as a call-girl; one or two kisses; and an indication to a man's private parts. Other than that, it was pretty clean; the murders were more funny than scary and the language was like "damn" and the like.

Kid, 10 years old Written byshabie October 11, 2009

Kid, 10 years old Written bymovieman3 May 15, 2010

Good for children ages 11-13.

Violence: 6 murders are done in one night.

Sexual Content:A scene between Boody and White, and a scene between Plum and Scarlet.

Language: B-----d, h--l and d--n are each used once

Teen, 16 years old Written bylil kela April 9, 2008

Kid, 10 years old April 5, 2012

I hated her SO MUCH it-i-it fl-flam-flames, flames...

My favorite movie! I love clue! I think the biggest issue is the suggestive themes. Early in the film a man squeezes a woman's buttocks and some moments that most kids wouldn't understand, but will make adults laugh. I mean, seriously, I saw this movie first when I was eight and all of the inappropriate stuff went over my head. Other than that, it's really funny. But I'm upset with common sense media's review. What happened to Madeline Kahn's famous improvised "Flames"?

Teen, 15 years old Written byGhirahimIsFabulous May 20, 2013

Confusing- but very good

My first reaction to the movie was "How did you get all of this from a boardgame...?"
I watched it again and fell in love with the movie. You probably would think 'nahh, its to weird' but I can think of weird movies that have no meaning (Blades of Glory). It was confusing but you didn't need to stop and ask questions. Every little action was a clue. The last three endings didn't make much sense, but I honestly liked going with 1 or 2, because I didn't like the original ending. It does have many sexual references and of course violence, but it makes me play the board game again. And makes me want to go to one of the mystery murder dinner parties!

Kid, 12 years old Written bylollipopper2000 February 18, 2013

Lots of Innuendo, but overall HILARIOUS!!!!!!

This is one of my most favorite movies ever!!!!! I was only like 10 when I first saw it and thought it was very fun and cool, but now as a teen (tween, whatever!) I see why my mom was reluctant. Although this movie is awesome, lemme clue you in on the caution parts (pun not intended!!!!!! Lol)
VIOLENT CONTENT: ok, before you see this you need to make sure you know that people are frequently murdered and murdering in this movie. Characters are shot, strangled, hit over the head, and stabbed. A total of six (I think....) people are killed including two (no three) main characters ( by main, I mean ones who have more than ten lines!) SPOILER :its Mr. Boddy, Wadsworth, and Yevette SPOILER OVER! there is nothing too disturbing shown, just a knife found stabbed into someone, two people (I think!) Are shot...wait let me count.....I think its four actually but not that much blood, just a little red here and there, and one person is strangled in the dark by a rope, oh and someone is hit over the head with a candle stick! Mr. Boddy is found dead with three or four blood streaks coming from his skull. I think that's it for violentcontent...

SEXUAL/NUDITY CONTENT: ok, no nudity, only two cleavagey outfits worn by a miss scarlet and (sexy portrayed) Yvette. Yvette also wears a very revealing top and bottom maid outfit and overall is liked more by the men. There is lots of sexual innuendo including a man lying on top of a woman trying to explain a sexual position, a man admits hes homosexual (but later reveals he lied by saying he was going to go homes and sleep with his wife), pro. Plum is blackmailed because he had an affair with one of his female patients, two characters have to squeeze through a tight space together and it almost seems like they are portraying a sexual position but I'm not reallysure, and lots more that I can remember. Also, miss scarlet runs a hotel where men can stay " with willing female partners" and pro. Plum asks for the number. If you're concerned about this topic, go and search more on it, this is not all of the heads ups for the category.

FOUL LANGUAGE: dang it, I don't remember!!!! I'm guessing a d word here and there but I have no idea

SMOKING/DRINKING: characters smoke and drink, Mrs. Peacock is believed to be poisoned at one point

OTHER NEGATIVE ELEMENTS: there is lots more sexual innuendo, and all of the characters are terrible role models as they are being blackmailed for illegal things they have done (I still like the character, sure they are bad role models, but they are funny, definatly for older kids) Col. Mustard stole some kind of army weapon, miss scarlet runs that hotel I explained, Mr. Green is homosexual (SPOILER: not really, hes an undercover agent!!!!!), Mrs. White killed her husband I think, Mrs. Peacock did something (I forget), and pro. Plum had an affair with a patient of his.

Overall, this movie may be hilariously tunny and brilliant (I didn't know it was THAT free, luv you Tim curry!!!!!! Lol), but make sure your kids are mature enough to understand the negative elements and find humor from the movie and just like, understand (you know what I mean) I hope this helped!!!!! :D

Kid, 11 years old Written by26starwars26 March 25, 2012

Some Violence

It is a very good movie, but their is some language and violence. The only bad word i heard was "h--l" There is some bad violence though such as stabbings, shootings, and blood. Although I saw it when I was 7 without a problem.