Kid reviews for Constantine

Constantine Poster Image

One of the greatest movies of all time, but NOT a superhero movie.

Amazing movie starring one of the best actors of all time. Constantine follows a man who can see demons and angels and tries to help a woman find what killed her sister while also attempting to buy his way into heaven. Language 3/5 no one f-bomb and B*tch, assh*le, sh*t, and pr*ck. Violence 4/5 not so scary depictions of demons and hell, the biggest things are the theme of suicide and a part where Constantine slits his wrists as you can see pools of blood emerge under his hands. No sex or themes. Drinking, drugs, smoking 3/5 Constantine smokes and because of it is getting lung cancer, there is also a moment when he drinks cough syrup straight from the bottle. Overall great movie with heavy themes of suicide, religion, and fate. Not as scary as it’s made out to be but may have you thinking about heaven and hell.

Good movie

It is only rated R for the demons if you don't get scared easily it will be ok

Watched this when i was 4 pretty good

Liked it alot

Not specific enough.

This review is not specific enough. "Some strong language" doesn't tell you what words there are. That could mean anything from 1 B-word to 15 F-words. And "Some sexual references" could mean anything from making a sexual reference that kids can just not notice to directly talking about having sex with someone. This review needs to be edited to be more specific. But if it is rated R, it's probably for a good reason.

A really good film that has some scares, but it's fine for most teenagers

I would say the film's biggest worry for parents would be the dark subject material. The film deals with themes of suicide, possession, and demons. The visuals could be scary for some, and the film does have a grimy, striking, noir aesthetic. John Constantine is also a chain smoker, but that is not portrayed in a positive light. Overall, this is a good film for teenagers if they like a good supernatural noir movie.

give over, it's hardly violent.

this is a good movie and is very underrated. there is a bit of violence but it's mainly just it's sometimes scary visuals and themes. 17+ is waay to over the top.

I say it as a teenager

Trust me it doesn't even have a kissing sence i watch it with my family and they like it too but if you think that you scare of devil and you scare easily you better don't see it but give it a try its cool

Never reaches it's full potential.

If you go into Constantine for a brutal, violent, language filled, action packed, thrill ride, you won't get it. It's in a weird PG-13 to R purgatory where if it came out in 2019 it would be PG-13. It only has 1 f word, all gore is green goo and exploding demons, and there isn't any sex or nudity. Sure there's creepy images and lots of smoking but it's nothing a mature 12 or 13 year old couldn't handle. I enjoyed Keanu Reeves, and it had lots of cool ideas and visuals but even with an R rating, it never goes for anything too over the top. My rating, 6.5/10