Parent reviews for Curly Sue

Curly Sue Poster Image

Used GD word

really?

Way too much gratuitous language. GD about 10 times, and lots of others, typical Hollywood immoral crap. Totally unnecessary. This is not a war movie and it not the down and out with the language.

Feel good moving showing the side of life most never see.

Despite the author's report I am 42 and my daughter is 5 and we both enjoyed the movie. Are there some scenes that are little much for a 5 year old? Yes, are they horrible and such? No. Does the story have some useful learning experiences and such while being entertaining?? Certainly. Does the author of this review miss the whole story of turning one person's life based on materialism into finding and caring for others? Yes.

Beautiful movie!

A family favorite! I've loved this film ever since I first saw it at about age 8! Don't know anyone who doesn't like it. It's perfectly entertaining with a beautiful yet sad story of a "smart" orphan girl being cared for by "Bill", a friend of her deceased mother - who eventually falls in love with a rich but depressed, kind-hearted woman he sort of stalks. Some situations are very emotional, but it's got everything from happiness and joy to sadness and sorrow followed by some pretty hilarious laugh-out-loud scenes which keeps the movie fun and interesting. Never a dull moment! I used to watch this at least twice a year with my dad (brings back memories of our time together) and it really stuck with me. Some violence but nothing drastic. Sue is very mature for her age and knows a lot about womanhood. Shows you what life without money can be like and what it feels like to spend time on the streets. A great flick!!