Parent reviews for Despicable Me

Despicable Me Poster Image

A Minion silly movie, yet so touching and sad.

Minions are super funny, it made me feel both happy and sad. A fun Movie for everyone!!!!

1 person found this helpful.

Ok for a 7+

Good movie for 7 and over should watch
1 person found this helpful.

Rated U (very mild threat, comic violence, rude humour).

MAIN CONTENT ISSUES - There are some moments of very mild threat and peril, usually comical in nature, as well as frequent slapstick violence. However, a few moments towards the end depict more realistic moments of characters in danger, such as children falling from great heights and being captured by a villain. These moments are rather brief and resolved quickly, but might be slightly scary to more sensitive children. There is also infrequent rude humour, such as a couple of fart jokes and a scene where some characters photocopy their bottoms (the characters refer to them as "butts") and laugh at the resulting images, although the images aren't shown on screen. | OTHER CONTENT ISSUES - There are infrequent emotional scenes and the theme of orphans is lightly explored. There is also some naughty and potentially imitable behaviour when a girl holds her breath until she gets what she wants, although this is not encouraged as she is seen to nearly pass out. | RATED "U" - Universal, suitable for all. Contains content generally suitable for children aged 4 years and over.

Worst garbage ever!

Zero stars. This is one of the worst movies I have ever seen in my life. I wanted to shut it off at the fifteen minute mark, but one of the kids wanted to keep watching. At about 35 or 40 minutes, both kids were fine with shutting it off. The amount of dispicable behavior in this movie by all main characters (“good” and “evil”) is just mind-boggling. This movie is obviously designed for THAT kid in the class: the bully with the absolute worst behavior who talks back to the teacher, demands that the teacher does what HE says, the kid with the snotty, mean retorts, who disrupts class constantly. The adults in this movie show such disgraceful, infantile behavior. It was really sad that people are portraying adult figures like this in the 21st-century. Do not even consider watching this movie if your children are adopted!!! Our children are not adopted, but I could not believe this made it past editing and into actual production. From having very young characters calling tons of guns and bombs “cool”, to annoying and gross potty humor, to fits of jealousy, to really adolescent body humor, to the orphanage manager telling the kids they’re not worth getting adopted and such, it was just an all out horrible movie. I so regret showing my boys, ages 8 and 11, the first half of this movie. I do not want them exposed to the bad behavior in this movie. It was not shown in a way that was OK with me or my husband. I am very surprised Steve Carell signed on to this. Parents, please stay away if you want to raise smart, kind-hearted children. I’m not saying that I don’t want my children exposed to bad behavior or villains, but this movie just didn’t understand how to do it in a good way. It seems to me the director of this garbage has an extremely adolescent, defiant, immature mind. So bad.

VECTOR CURED ME

VECTORRRRRRR OHHHH YEAAAAHHH, STEAL THE MOON MEME LORD AND SHRINK TH MOON LIKE IN THE MEME HE SAYS OH YEAH! CURED MY DEPRESSION & TURNED ME INTO THE VECTOR. OH YEAH

Great Movie

A humorous story with enough action to please young viewers. Everyone must watch it

A LAUGH RIOT! ( Will watch it again)

Despicable me is Simply Hilarious. This Movie is not just for kids, Adults are going to enjoy it even more. The youngest girl in it is sooooooo cute. Also the Small yellow minions simply adorable and so funny. The entire hall was laughing through out the movie. The plot is very interesting to keep you engrossed throughout the movie.It is not a very original plot but has the very humorous dialogs and acts. Steve Carell's is SIMPLY amazing, he is funny in a very different way...he is the king of the awkward embarrassing insulting type of comedy. You can't help but remember Steve carell's during some of the dialog deliveries. One of the funniest animation movie. Definitely Worth Watching twice.

Vector

This was the pinnacle of his acting career, he carried the whole film on his back. Forget Gru, Vector is here to kick butt and take names. Some might say the minions are what makes it funny, sure, that might be true for kids, but as a 32 year old adult i related to Vector. Please watch for a good cackle. Am I telling the truth? Well that's a secret I'll never tell. Xoxo, Booboofiberz

Why 6+