All teen and kid member reviews for Despicable Me

Kid, 12 years old Written byComedian143 November 11, 2010

Really funny movie!

I loved the movie Despicable Me. There's only one big concerns that I have. A few little ones though.
LANGUAGE
Butt, fart, poop & sucker were all used, "butt" especially.
VIOLENCE
Some of Gru's gadgets would be considered dangerous in the real world such as a freeze-ray, shrink-ray and another weapon which blows stuff up.
PRODUCT PLACEMENT
One. The NBC logo. But, it's not really "in your face" and it only shows for a few seconds.
BAD ROLE MODELS
Both Gru & Vector are bad role models for stealing and using weapons.

No highlights unfortunatly.

However, if you enjoy a really funny movie, this is great!

Teen, 13 years old Written bysusieboo November 8, 2010

My new favorite!

I didn't think I'd like this movie, and I didn't. I loved it! Gru is a believable character, and the girls are awesome. (Cynical Margo, nightmare fetishist Edith, and adorable Agnes.) This movie is clever, heartwarming (but not in a sickening tastes-like-diabetics way) and laugh-out-loud hilarious. I added the "scary" warning because of Miss Hattie, the runner of the orphanage. She's cruel, heartless,runs a cookie mafia from her orphanage, and makes kids go in the "box of shame." She's evil, irredeemable, and worst of all, she gets away with it all.

However, this movie rocks anyway.

Kid, 11 years old Written bypierules10 August 19, 2010

Perfect for little kids, a little boring for older kids.

There aren't any real problems with this movie, it just was a little boring and not really all that funny. Fine for really young kids, just not incredibly entertaining.

Kid, 11 years old Written byiko92 July 10, 2010

OK for kids that are'nt orphans, or are and don't care what the depict them as.

It's OK, though the orphanage line was pretty awkward.

Teen, 13 years old Written bybookee January 29, 2011

SO CUTE ! ! ! ! !

THIS MOVIE WAS SO CUTE! there were also many funny parts especially when they where in the carnival. this movie also made me cry in the part where the little girl gave her savings to help Gru. overall, this movie was the best!

Teen, 13 years old Written byAbiMe July 21, 2010

Its ok...

It was meant to be funny but they gave it all away in commercials. It was a good topic and kids around 6-10 will probably enjoy it.

Kid, 12 years old Written bysidobagga July 14, 2010

Great movie and it teaches evil people can be good to. Only scene of concern is the juice box scene ( where it looks like a little girls is crushed by spikes, because he crushed juice box looks like blood.)

Kid, 12 years old Written bypseudonym46231 July 10, 2011

Very funny.

I just watched this movie today, and I love it! It's extremely funny and safe for kids.

Teen, 13 years old Written byMovieReviewGuy July 10, 2011

Good for 6+

Cute, funny, movie with an important message about the importance of love and a family. Good for ages 6+

Kid, 10 years old Written byAqua Dog July 12, 2010

A true family classic!

There's actually 1 scene that might be a little upsetting to young viewers where it appears that one of the orphan girls had gotten killed. She was looking around smiling because she likes destruction and Gru has a lot of weapons hanging around in his house; anyway she was looking around and finds one of those things they put mummies in and it has spikes in it. She walks up to it and gets inside it then it closes when she's inside it. Then it appears that blood is coming out of the tomb thingy and the other orphans gasp and Margo holds Agnes tightly. Gru doesn't seem to care that much and says, "Oh well" and they start walking away then from inside the tomb thing you hear, "It's dark in here!" Gru opens it up and the little girl says, "You poked a hole in my juicebox." which was what appeared to be the blood. But before you know that she's still alive it really feels like she died so that's something common sensemedia forgot to put in the violence part.

Kid, 11 years old Written byironkid21 July 28, 2010

This as a pretty good movie. The minions were very funny and cute and the girls were great role models. 6+

Kid, 10 years old Written byConPC1 August 12, 2011

Very good

This is a very good film. It is also very funny at parts in it. Sure, it has some crime in it. Weapons like piranah guns and missiles. Nothing bad. I'd get this film if I were you.

Kid, 11 years old Written byLuckOfTheIrish11 May 21, 2011

A little bit on the younger side but its ok

we watched this movie on a bus ride to plymouth and i got a little bored but i watched some of it

Kid, 8 years old October 23, 2011

Despicable Me is good for 4+

Despicable Me is good enough for every one to love and enjoy.

Kid, 12 years old Written byAndrew2011 September 24, 2011

Entertaining Black Comedy Sends Relevant Messages

No concerns in terms of appropriate contents. Nothing that would really be offensive to a seven-year-old or his parents (I am 12). Very, very, funny (mostly a black comedy, my favorite brand of comedy), but the humor is also not too dark at the same time. INFINITELY entertaining. It is probably almost impossible to fall asleep watching this. May be a kids' film, but like "Toy Story" and "The Lion King", adults will be dragged through it but also pleasantly surprised throughout the movie because it's appealing to an entire family.

Kid, 8 years old July 19, 2011

AWWWWWsome

Despicable me is a good story of a villain

Teen, 15 years old Written byOGORMAN January 16, 2011

Good for any age! :)

I watched this with my 2 year old cousin, then again, and again, and again... It's the cutest movie I have seen in a long time. Gru may start off adopting the 3 girls purely for his evil purposes of stealing the moon, but even after he is ordered to send them back to the orphanage and *shudder* Miss Hattie, he fought determinedly to get them back. In the end he realized that being evil wasn't the only thing in life. This was Steve Carrell at his funniest, with great supporting roles like Julie Andrews as Gru's mom and (this suprised me, it didn't sound like him) Russell Brand as Dr. Nefario. The little minions were definitely my favorite part!

Teen, 13 years old Written byjustdance June 21, 2011

Great, laugh-filled movie!

I thought this was an awesome movie!! It was so cute and funny, and appropriate as well. Even though Gru is supposed to be an "evil villain", his plans are laughable and innocent. All of my nieces and nephews loved this movie, plus my parents did, and me as well!!

Teen, 13 years old Written bylolakitty12 October 7, 2010

A little immature with language but good for young kids.

This was a very cute movie. There are some things in it you don't want your kids to go around saying but it has good messages about family and even the most "evil" person has some good qualities.

Kid, 12 years old Written byallietron December 4, 2010

Awesome Movie!

It is so cute, funny, and good. I thought it was very enjoyable. I think it is great for children to watch so they can see that even villains can change. There is some violence and scary parts for young children, but not too scary. Even some adults will enjoy watching this film with their children. Exciting and funny, Depicable Me is a great movie that know you will enjoy.

Note to parents with adopted children: There are some parts of the film when the girls are treated poorly by Gru. But Gru does learn from his mistake and readopts the girls. And he only gave them away because of his mission to steal the moon. So some of the things that had to do with the orphans in the movie might not be as funny to familes with adopted kids than familes that don't have adopted kids.