All member reviews for Despicable Me

Clever, funny, and sweet villain-with-a-heart-of-gold tale.

Teen, 16 years old Written byminaj August 5, 2010

bad me for smaller ones

definately a funny movie..... love it and for small kids too

Parent of a 4 and 7 year old Written byRadDadRich July 29, 2010

Goofy? Yup. Silly? Check. Heart? Absolutely!

This movie really surprised me. I expected just a silly movie that the kids would enjoy, but me, not so much. But the movie is great from start to finish. It's got all of the goofy gags that has the kids repeating them for days, but it also has a heart, and a great message that I hope sticks with them long after the quotes wear off.

Kid, 11 years old Written bydisneyliz July 11, 2010

See it, Even if You Didn't Like the Trailers

I i just saw this movie and i thought it was one of the best kid movies i saw this summer! I saw a trailer for and thought it looked OK but when i saw the movie i thrilled. It is very sweet and funny. They use some crude words like fart, or sucker. In my opinion it is tied with Toy Story 3 for first in my book!

Kid, 11 years old Written byulea6 August 30, 2011

Must see

I think its great for everyone but i dont think adopted children should see it couse they will be hurt because they want a family and they get a creepy man and i dont think it would help watching it but i think its funny

Adult Written byBurton21 April 15, 2011

Definitely not for little ones

This movie has strong violent imagery including a girl getting suggestively impaled by spikes and what looks like blood oozing out. The opening scene shows a boy falling a long distance as onlookers watch in horror. He just happens to land safely. That is the problem with this movie for younger viewers. Yes, it all turns out okay, but for those few moments children are manipulated into thinking the girl has been killed, or that the boy will fall and hit the stone below and be harmed.

Kid, 11 years old Written byIlovemedia March 6, 2011

vector is my favorite charcher oh yeah!!un-pre-dectable!!!!

Kid, 12 years old Written bymegie596 February 26, 2011

loved it!!!!!! it is awesome and i would watch it again nothing is bad with it

Teen, 13 years old Written byMoeluver January 15, 2011

Good for the whole family

Its the best movie i have seen in a long time (with the exception of toy story 3)! The only bad things are slightly scary scenes for young children and the orphange lady is shown being cruel.

Kid, 9 years old January 9, 2011

Fun movie

Teen, 17 years old Written byBlue-Bunny January 3, 2011

Brilliant! Just brilliant!

Despicable Me is something you'd want to watch over and over and over again. Gru (the main character of the story) is an evil mastermind who adopts three girls (Margo, Edith, and Agnes). At first, he could care less about them, but eventually grows to love them. This was a positive film that taught a good lesson in the end and each of the characters had their quirk and charm. The violence is average and appropriate for its intended audience. The characters are thrown into a few perilous situations (most notably, the last few scenes). It may not be your Pixar or Dreamworks, but it was still awesome!

Kid, 10 years old Written bynightslayer900 December 17, 2010

funny!!!:)

call me a baby for loving this, but this is what u call funny it split my sides!!!!!!!!!!

Kid, 11 years old Written byEmmi November 28, 2010

Great Movie

It was a really cute movie. It is great for kids 5+. I would recommend this movie to other kids and families!

Teen, 14 years old Written bySilverSnake September 12, 2010

Finally a heartfelt movie that is actually funny!

I loved it, it was so cute. I mean Gru's evil ways are only for joke, and the kids are just funny! I was laughing through the whole thing, I loved it, my mom even said that's one of the movies she'd like at home. It was so sweet, and in the end the lesson is learned.

Teen, 13 years old Written byFrylock September 10, 2010

Wonderful.

A sweet family friendly film which is very funny, but a little violent.

Kid, 10 years old Written byjdog200 August 5, 2010

Perfect for all ages

This movie was the best!!!! It started when vector (gru's enemy)
stole the pyramid of giza which to him was the crime of the century. Gru wanted to do something worse than that cuz he wanted to show vector who was worlds number one villan. His plan was to shrink the moon and take it ... so he needed money from the "bank of evel" The bank manager didn't give him the money cuz he know gru couldn't get the shrink ray first. So gru went to the place where the shrink ray was and stole it from them but then vector stole it from gru ... he needed the shrink ray back so he tried to get it but anything he did wasn't enought till the orphan girls came .... they were selling cookies and went to vectors house. Gru was watching them sell ALOT of coconuties so they got to go in vectors house.... so..... when he saw that they got to go in vectors house, he planed to adopt them..... he adopted them and he wanted to them to sell more coconuties to vector but first he had to go to the girls' balarina place.... then they sold the cookies to vector... one box of the cookies was robot cookies so the robots moved and disabled all the sucurity so gru got in and got the shrink ray... he told the bank dude and was impressed.. cuz the bank dude was vectors dad.....lol so the bank dude called in vector and had a talk wid him... so at gru's house the first days were painful but then later they got into a better relationship oh yah and the bank dude didn't give him the money.. so gru had a talk with all his minions and said they had no money to build the rocket to get the moon so the had to get jobs BUT the little orfans peeked inside and gave him their piggy bank then all the other minions gave him their money to so building to rocket was sucseesful, untill he found uot the swan lake concert was on the day off liftoff (the orphan girls concert) so he began thinking untill a doorbell rang and the adoption lady was at the door.. gru was surprise why she was here untill she told him she was taking bak the girls ( the old dude called her and told her to take em back cuz gru was thinking to much about them) so the lady took em bak. the next day was lift off and shrunk the moon and he grabed it. then he checked the time and thought he could make it to the concert but when he got there it was to late.....then saw a note on a chair and it said vector took the girls.... so gru went into vectors hideout.. (u'll never know how he got in, fine i'll tell you)
vetor saw him coming so he sent heat seeking missles at him gru ran torward the heat seeking missles and jumped in every one and missed him exploding the door of vector's hide out do he ran to his tower but he had an escape pod so he flew in the air and gru went after him in his own ship and he got the girls and that is mostly it exept for the ending where gru made his own book and told it to them when it was night time thats all the main events, I loved this show

Parent of a 2 and 4 year old Written byOdie-OO July 28, 2010

two thumbs up

i love this it was so fun my children love to

Educator and Parent of a 7 and 11 year old Written bykmillsma April 17, 2011

very funny!

very funny for adults and still appropriate for kids, actually has a few plot twists and isn't just the same old plot line

Kid, 10 years old Written byyotamdo March 24, 2011

hilarious!

loved it

Kid, 10 years old Written byEasterSweetie March 24, 2011

It was awesome!

It was an awesome movie and i recommend it for a 2 yr old!!!

Kid, 10 years old Written byiajo February 16, 2011

GREAT MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I watched it 6 times!It's so good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!